Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,188 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

I Lost Two Broilers To Dehydration Out Of Carelessness Photos - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Lost Two Broilers To Dehydration Out Of Carelessness Photos (449 Views)

How To Sell Broilers To Top Hotels And Restaurants. Business Idea / 16 Steps To Take When Brooding Broilers To Reduce Loss & Mortality / How To Set The Right Selling Price For Your Broilers To Prevent Making A Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Lost Two Broilers To Dehydration Out Of Carelessness Photos by chocolateme(f): 11:59pm On Dec 01, 2020
Good evening all.
I will go straight to the point. I am a first time poultry farmer raising broilers for th coming Christmas season.
This morning, I went to buy their feed hoping to come back early but I got stuck at heavy traffic of Ojo Alaba International market Lagos.

I ended up almost 4 hours and by the time I got home, they were already tired and dehydrated as the early morning water I gave them finished quickly, the weather too is not friendly at all, very hot.

I gave them water eventually but the system of two out of them could not adjust.. when they started kicking as they were dying, i had to use the knife.

Mr Noel of this forum is my coach and he taught me well, I appreciate. He told me that anytime I am going far and not sure of coming back early, that I should put glucose in their water in case it finishes, then the glucose will help sustain them till I return..

I feel sad but its well and I thank God. Lesson learnt for me too to always keep them hydrated all the time. They are 7 weeks today and weigh 2.6KG...

1 Like

Re: I Lost Two Broilers To Dehydration Out Of Carelessness Photos by doggedfighter(f): 12:24am On Dec 02, 2020
I wish I can have some grin
Re: I Lost Two Broilers To Dehydration Out Of Carelessness Photos by Redomi(m): 12:48am On Dec 02, 2020
Noel is my mentor

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hot From The Farm, Buy Natural & Hygienic Honey From A Beekeeper! / Sesame Seed Price, Top Import & Export Countries 2021 / Catfish Needed In Large Quantity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.