Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport (11490 Views)

EFCC Secures Final Forfeiture Of ₦‎775 Million Linked To Jonah Otunla / Gov Emmanuel Applauds FG On Speedy Actualization Of Ibom Deep Seaport / Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k(m): 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2020
Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State has fulfilled a key part of his campaign promise to ensure the completion of the Ibom Deep Seaport project before the end of his administration as evidenced by the securing of the final approval for commencement of the project.

Approval of the Full Business Case of the project by the Federal Executive Council on Wednesday signalled a completion of series of approvals for the prime A¹ project which has outlasted two previous administrations until this cheery news today.

Since his emergence, Governor Emmanuel has invested enormous energy, business contacts and resources toward acquiring requisite approvals for the commencement of the project because he believes it will greatly enhance the state’s economy and create vast employment opportunities for Nigerians.

During his state-wide broadcast to mark the 33rd anniversary of the state, in Uyo, the Akwa-Ibom state capital, earlier in the year, the governor vowed that his administration will secure a breakthrough for the project, revealing that government was working hard to ensure cooperation with all the regulatory agencies in fulfillment of this desire.

Speaking to this reporter on implications of the latest and final approval for the Ibom Deep Seaport, the Commissioner for Economic Development and Deep Seaport, Mr. Akan Okon disclosed that since “port construction is on the Exclusive List the Ibom Deep Seaport needed to be approved by the Federal Government.

“It started with an OVC and approval of the procurement process, we then moved to the setting up of the Ministerial  Project Development Steering Committee made up of representatives from the Federal Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC), Nigerian Port Authority (NPA) and Federal Ministry of Finance.

“This committee approved the procurement process for the port which included issuance of request for qualification, request for proposal from prospective bidders. Eventually, those that submitted were evaluated and a preferred bidder emerged by name Bollore/Power China.

“With that emergence, we needed to prepare a Full Business Case for the development of Ibom Deep Seaport, which is what has been approved by the Federal Executive Council today for Ibom Deep Seaport to commence construction”.

The Commissioner further revealed that with the final approval the project will kick start almost immediately, adding “this is what we’ve been waiting for. We have a preferred bidder in place and even as the process of approval was ongoing we had appointed a technical team to carry on with the various studies required for the construction of the port jointly between the State government and the preferred bidder”.

He emphasized that Governor Udom Emmanuel has fulfilled his promise to Akwa Ibom people as regards the project and with this approval all activities required to commence the project will be in fast track.

“I’m very certain that within the tenure of His Excellency, Governor Udom Emmanuel, we’ll receive the first vessel in that port. I want to give glory to God first and then commend our godsent Governor for his tireless commitment and determination to actualize this project and of course, the Federal Executive Council under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari ( GCFR) for this approval.

“The Governor believes strongly that we’ve very determined and intelligent young people in this State who must be gainfully employed and he believes that the Ibom Deep Seaport will provide such opportunities which is why he has not relented in committing resources to ensure the actualization of the project”.

Mr. Okon also disclosed that the governor is very happy with this feat just as every well meaning Akwa Ibom citizen who knows what such a project means to our economy should be happy.

“My advise to our people especially the youth is that we don’t have to wait for the project to kickstart for us to start preparing for the emerginng opportunities. Now that approval has finally been secured, we should upgrade our knowledge and obtain relevant skills that will be required, from construction to operation of the port, so that we can meet qualifications to work there.”

In addition, he urged Akwa Ibom citizens within the State and in Diaspora to seize opportunity in the port to invest in development of the State.

https://thenationonlineng.net/gov-emmanuel-secures-final-approval-for-ibom-deep-seaport/amp/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k(m): 10:29pm On Dec 16, 2020
 the Commissioner for Economic Development and Deep Seaport, Mr. Akan Okon disclosed that since “port construction is on the Exclusive List the Ibom Deep Seaport needed to be approved by the Federal Government.

Finally let them make haste with construction. The port just needs a north south rail line like lekki deep seaport and it will be perfect. It's preferable the cargo moves on rails than roads so the city wont be too congested.

25 Likes

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by flemsy15(m): 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2020
OK, Let it start working first, any news on the Anambra own, is it still in top notch form.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 16, 2020
nice "e be tins sha
Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k(m): 10:37pm On Dec 16, 2020
“My advise to our people especially the youth is that we don’t have to wait for the project to kickstart for us to start preparing for the emerginng opportunities.

This good advice should be obvious to everyone. The state's education system shoul have been prepping for this years in advance. There's all sorts jobs the port will provide to qualified prospects.

5 Likes

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Samorobo2: 10:39pm On Dec 16, 2020
Nice but don't forget it goes beyond building a port else you will end up like apapa.... I hope they build that 12 lane they've been talking about and connect the port to a rail....if they can't afford a rail then let them tension FG ASAP extend the FG rail to the port..... movement of goods and services has gat to be Swift.....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by princemillla(m): 10:40pm On Dec 16, 2020
Hurray !!!

Anything to decongest Lagos state and return sanity I love it

9 Likes

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Samorobo2: 10:41pm On Dec 16, 2020
Blue3k:

Finally let them make haste with construction. The port just needs a north south rail line like lekki deep seaport and it will be perfect. It's preferable the cargo moves on rails than roads so the city wont be too congested.

Is there any rail connected to lekki deep seaport.

1 Like

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by ggood: 10:44pm On Dec 16, 2020
That will be nice, I can't celebrate now because I don't trust Politicians They are full with lies and deceit .

but if it's true good luck

How can someone travel all the way from Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom to Lagos just to clear container. meanwhile Atlantic ocean is in our backyard

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k(m): 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2020
Samorobo2:

Is there any rail connected to lekki deep seaport.

I read they do plan on connecting it by rail. The question is will they have it by 2022.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Samorobo2: 10:55pm On Dec 16, 2020
Blue3k:

I read they do plan on connecting it by rail. The question is will they have it by 2022.

We are on a long thing..
Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Niom(m): 11:00pm On Dec 16, 2020
Good one....
Start the project immediately but i doubt he will finish it before his tenure elapses......

1 Like

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by DankemzI(m): 11:02pm On Dec 16, 2020
I trust Udom to make this his legacy project, I love his business acumen,... Ibom Air is doing wonders, so many tourism potentials.
I'll buy 2 islands and convert to a fully secured luxury resort, accessible only by air &:submarine

12 Likes

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k(m): 11:12pm On Dec 16, 2020
Samorobo2:
Nice but don't forget it goes beyond building a port else you will end up like apapa.... I hope they build that 12 lane they've been talking about and connect the port to a rail....if they can't afford a rail then let them tension FG ASAP extend the FG rail to the port..... movement of goods and services has gat to be Swift.....

Lol Akwa Ibom would be dumb to abandon their super highway project like our neighbor to the east did theirs. The government is aware the need a rail connection. I emailed them about it about a year ago and received a friendly response stating they're looking into it.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Samorobo2: 11:28pm On Dec 16, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol Akwa Ibom would be dumb to abondon their super highway project like our neighbor to the east did theirs. The government is aware the need a rail connection. I emailed them about it about a year ago and received a friendly response discussing that matter already.

I am not sure any rail connection news for that post has hit the net yet.....the more reason I think we are on a long thing...except the private sector will wake up one morning to say that they would be building one before I will take the news seriously.......a rail.should be linking that cargo airport underconstruction to the deep seaport for quick transit of goods..

2 Likes

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Samorobo2: 11:30pm On Dec 16, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol Akwa Ibom would be dumb to abandon their super highway project like our neighbor to the east did theirs. The government is aware the need a rail connection. I emailed them about it about a year ago and received a friendly response stating they're looking into it.

AwfA any news on that ibom science Park project....heard it was supposed to start this year until covid19 came..
Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k(m): 11:37pm On Dec 16, 2020
Samorobo2:

AwfA any news on that ibom science Park project....heard it was supposed to start this year until covid19 came..

I dont know about ibom science park. The last time I read about is when I posted it was abandoned. Covid is convenient excuse for anything and everything this year. Lets see if they're back on track next year.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Ilaumoh(m): 3:21am On Dec 17, 2020
Where are all the idiot insulting Akwa ibom state and Udom...
Where is @kinematic, seven24 etc..
When I told them Udom is the best governor coming out of Akwa Ibom state a d that Rivers is totally under Akwa ibom they argue..
Where are all those that were insulting me, calling me names..
Jesus, so finally it is true..
Mynd44.
Lalasticlala.. Please take this cheerful news to the front page..
Congratulations to All Akwa Ibomites, Udom and me..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/gov-emmanuel-secures-final-approval-for-ibom-deep-seaport/amp/

4 Likes

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Ilaumoh(m): 3:22am On Dec 17, 2020
Blue3k:

I dont know about ibom science park. The last time I read about is when I posted it was abandoned. Covid is convenient excuse for anything and everything this year. Lets see if they're back on track next year.
The same you that used to call me propagandist..
Ibom science park is still in the offering

1 Like

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k(m): 3:44am On Dec 17, 2020
Ilaumoh:

The same you that used to call me propagandist..
Ibom science park is still in the offering

Clown you are a propagandist weirdo. You're post whatever fluff pieces and praise anything the state does like the sycophant you are. Lol you're probably still in full support of the useless church Udom is wasting tax payers money on.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Ilaumoh(m): 4:02am On Dec 17, 2020
Blue3k:

Clown you are a propagandist weirdo. You're post whatever fluff pieces and praise anythin the state does the sycophant you are. Lol you're probably still in full support of the useless church udom is wasting tax payers money on.
Call me what so ever you like.. Am so happy the same you are the one carrying the Ibom Deep Seaport news you once call audio.. Ebot
Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k(m): 4:06am On Dec 17, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Call me what so ever you like.. Am so happy the same you are the one carrying the Ibom Deep Seaport news you once call audio.. Ebot

Stop telling foolish lies clown. I've been posting updates for years anout the project. Why is clown like you so excited to go to church? Do you think god wants to hear mumu rambling?

1 Like

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Ilaumoh(m): 4:12am On Dec 17, 2020
Blue3k:

Stop telling foolish lies clown. I've been posting updates for years anout the project. Why is clown like you so excited to go to church? Do you think god wants to hear mumu rambling?
If going to church give you nightmares then you need more bro..
Ebot like you trying to show love on the same project you been calling Audio.. Wonders indeed the say never ends..
Meanwhile let me leave you to your jubilation and thread.. Cos am not really a type that go around derailing people's thread..
Indeed this is a welcome development and I call on the Lalasticlala.. Mynd44 to take it to the Top..
Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by NkanAkpanika: 4:25am On Dec 17, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol what a clown instead of showing me where I called the project audio you double down lies. Lol i guess your god is mumu if you think he foolish enough to believe your lies. My threads are still up as proof showing I never did clown. Enjoy the threads without exposing your mental illness please. Remember your god said dont bear false witness but here you are.
Shut your stupid mouth there.. They man you quoted is telling the truth.. You guys call him names and now you wimb are now celebrating the same news you once called AUDIO..
HYPOCRISY at the top..

1 Like

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Ilaumoh(m): 4:26am On Dec 17, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol what a clown instead of showing me where I called the project audio you double down lies. Lol i guess your god is mumu if you think he foolish enough to believe your lies. My threads are still up as proof showing I never did clown. Enjoy the threads without exposing your mental illness please. Remember your god said dont bear false witness but here you are.
Enjoy your thread bro.. As for the science park it will surely come..
Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Ilaumoh(m): 4:27am On Dec 17, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

Shut your stupid mouth there.. They man you quoted is telling the truth.. You guys call him names and now you wimb are now celebrating the same news you once called AUDIO..
HYPOCRISY at the top..
Bro no need for all of that.. Let celebrate this achievement together in one peace..

2 Likes

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k(m): 4:28am On Dec 17, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

HYPOCRISY at the top..

Lol what a clown dude post a quote instead being useless liar like your friend. My threads on the topic are up so prove it. I know you friends a shameless liar claiming the worship center wasnt state funded. You weirdos love telling foolish lies.

1 Like

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by NkanAkpanika: 4:28am On Dec 17, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Bro no need for all of that.. Let celebrate this achievement together in one peace..
Hmmmm..
Lalasticlala do the needful asap
Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by NkanAkpanika: 4:32am On Dec 17, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol what a clown dude post a quote instead being useless liar like your friend. My threads on the topic are up so prove it. I know you friends a shameless liar claiming the worship center wasnt state funded. You weirdos love telling foolish lies.
And shockingly he speaks truthfully more frequent than an hypocrite like you..
You are a very ungrateful fellow. That guy as been keeping us updated in happening going on in the state and this your thread is one of it..
I never recall you fool posting any follow up update inline with this your thread before..
Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by Blue3k(m): 4:35am On Dec 17, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

And shockingly he tell truth more frequently than an hypocrite like you..
You are a very ungrateful fellow. That guy as been keeping us updated in happening going on in the state and this your thread is one of it..
I never recall you fool posting any follow up update online with this your thread before..

Lol so you admit your friends a liar like I stated. Im glad were on the same page on that fact clown. Its funny you still cant show me where I posted the projet is audio useless liar. You dont recall me posting because you two dense to look up the information. Lol there's literally a hyper link proving that fact.

Re: Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport by NkanAkpanika: 4:42am On Dec 17, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol so you admit your friends a liar like I stated. Im glad were on the same page on that fact clown. Its funny you still cant show me where I posted the projet is audio useless liar. You dont recall me posting because you two dense to look up the information. Lol there's literally a hyper link proving that fact.
Wimb like you can never read with comprehension..
Ok show us the [/b]followup update [b] you been posting on the particularly subject matter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations / CCT Adjourns Onnoghen's Trial To Feb 13 For Hearing Of Application / Buhari Approves Deployment Of More Security Operatives, Arms To Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.