Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Mysql Or Oracle Sql Or Microsoft Sql, Which One Is Better To Start Learning - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mysql Or Oracle Sql Or Microsoft Sql, Which One Is Better To Start Learning (733 Views)

Mysql Or SQL Which Is The Best To Learn / Which Is Better To Learn SQL Or Mysql / Looking For An Oracle PL/SQL Developer Or Oracle DBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mysql Or Oracle Sql Or Microsoft Sql, Which One Is Better To Start Learning by timewillhealme: 7:45am On Dec 22, 2020
Hello guys.
In my quest to learn data science/analysis.

I also want to learn SQL but I am confused on which one to learn and the one that is commonly used or applicable.

Mysql or Oracle Sql or Microsoft Sql.

I would be awaiting response.
Re: Mysql Or Oracle Sql Or Microsoft Sql, Which One Is Better To Start Learning by Code911: 11:21am On Dec 22, 2020
I will go for Mysql
Re: Mysql Or Oracle Sql Or Microsoft Sql, Which One Is Better To Start Learning by parkervero(m): 1:10pm On Dec 22, 2020
MySQL does it better.
Re: Mysql Or Oracle Sql Or Microsoft Sql, Which One Is Better To Start Learning by Karleb(m): 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2020
Mysql is popular. Unless you are asked to learn a particular database by your company, it should be mysql.

They are all similar though.
Re: Mysql Or Oracle Sql Or Microsoft Sql, Which One Is Better To Start Learning by Roadyroadie: 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2020
None of the above. Go for Postgresql instead, it's more SQL compliant
Re: Mysql Or Oracle Sql Or Microsoft Sql, Which One Is Better To Start Learning by IceColdVeins(m): 1:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
well, another angle but the op needs a RDBMS that will make others easy to adopt.
So, I'll still pick Mysql
Roadyroadie:
None of the above. Go for Postgresql instead, it's more SQL compliant
Re: Mysql Or Oracle Sql Or Microsoft Sql, Which One Is Better To Start Learning by Roadyroadie: 3:06pm On Dec 23, 2020
IceColdVeins:
well, another angle but the op needs a RDBMS that will make others easy to adopt.
So, I'll still pick Mysql
Sorry what do you mean easy to adopt ?
Re: Mysql Or Oracle Sql Or Microsoft Sql, Which One Is Better To Start Learning by IceColdVeins(m): 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2020
Roadyroadie:

Sorry what do you mean easy to adopt ?
I mean when you learn mysql, other ones will be easy to work with
Re: Mysql Or Oracle Sql Or Microsoft Sql, Which One Is Better To Start Learning by Roadyroadie: 6:45am On Dec 24, 2020
IceColdVeins:
I mean when you learn mysql, other ones will be easy to work with
I still beg to disagree. I can't think of anything that makes Mysql more easily adoptable than Postgres.Postgres supports more data types and is more extensible.
Re: Mysql Or Oracle Sql Or Microsoft Sql, Which One Is Better To Start Learning by tplayer: 7:08am On Dec 24, 2020
MS Server is d way to go. Though not as SQL compliant as Postgresql
Re: Mysql Or Oracle Sql Or Microsoft Sql, Which One Is Better To Start Learning by ensodev(m): 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2020
Mysql

(1) (Reply)

I'm Going To Learn C++ In 2 Weeks. / Why You Need To Learn Solidity In 2 Minutes / Which Online Card Can Be Used to Purchase a Google Console Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.