Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Help, Problems With My Remote Control - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help, Problems With My Remote Control (1828 Views)

What Can I Do To Make My Remote Work? / Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues / Push Button Electric Car Jack,Electric WheelSpanner, Electric Tyre Air Pump 7/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, Problems With My Remote Control by chyjoke1(m): 11:00am On Mar 31, 2011
I recently bought a 2010 camry CE. When I dicovered that it didn't come with a keyless remote I ordered for too. Now the car is here and all effort to programme the remote has failed and comes with the error ECU DISCONNECTED each time they try to programm it. Amazingly the car has accepted the Key that is attached to the remote.
I need help urgently from the house.
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by EEL: 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2011
Where is the location of the Car Sir, we have previously handled similar issues.

Just get in touch by sending a text or call and we shall get back.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Eastside Engineering Ltd.
+234 803 5496 482
+234 805 5673 680

eelmails@yahoo.com

Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by chyjoke1(m): 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2011
I have sent my location to you. I will be waiting for you.
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^^ Hopefully, EEL will get you sorted. In the meantime, please post a picture of your remote fob.
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by chyjoke1(m): 6:20pm On Mar 31, 2011
hi siena,

i have attached the key fob. the following is written on the reverse side of the key
CMII ID 2004DJ0270
MODEL 12BBY-02
DENSO

thank you

Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2011
Was EEL able to rectify the issue?
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by sultaan(m): 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2011
Seems the person who got you the car got busy messing around.I don't know how they can get you a key with no remote, its integrated(unless they gave you a shell and kept the key with chip).
That key should have Toyota logo on it(if original).A key can be cut to start car but the chip is what keeps it running.

I hope I'm not the only one who finds this abnormal, the fob is part of the key, so how did they get a 2010 Camry into Naija with blank after market transponder key?
Now when you said no remote maybe you meant it didn't, which would have been a dead fob battery

ECU disconnected suggest someone trying to bypass system, these were put in place to discourage stolen cars.If the cars was not showing ECU disconnected before they tried programming the remote, it was probably out of sync now they could have made things harder/worse.
With current situation car should not work.

Which ever way only a Toyota dealer can program the key.

Reconnect ECU, get your Vin number, with proof of ownership and have a dealer(us/japan) send you new keys if you need remote to work.
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by sultaan(m): 9:11pm On Mar 31, 2011
A new car comes with 3 keys, the seller should have given you a minimum of 2 without you paying extra, get back with the seller!
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by chyjoke1(m): 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2011
@ siena. EEL promised to visit tomorow and sort the issue out.will keep you posted.
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by chyjoke1(m): 9:39pm On Mar 31, 2011
@sultaan. Thank you for your concern however, I did not say that I bought a brand new car. The car was sold to me on as is basis. I bought an after market keyremote cos it had only one the normal key.I have attached a photograph of the key remote I bought.
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by EEL: 10:56pm On Mar 31, 2011
Will be at your place as promised Sir.

Best Regards.
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by chyjoke1(m): 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2011
EEL visited as promised,however the car did not still accept the remote. I later took the car to an autoworkshop and it was discovered that the car did not have door control reciever. Went to scrap yard and got one
@sienna. The part number on the item is 89741-06020. Can u confirm if this is what could have caused our inability to programme the remote.
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 01, 2011
Chyjoke, the part number you've posted is correct. Without it, it would be impossible to programme any fob, as there's nothing to receive the transmitted code. "ECU disconnected" is the likely error code you'd get, as it would read open circuit.

I can't understand how the RX would be missing though, unless the door was replaced, and the RX wasn't transferred from the old door? I can see how the car could have a non-remote key though, as a lot of cars will be supplied with 3 keys - 2 remote fobs, and a regular key which is the "valet key", simply put, the key you'd hand to your mechanic when the car's booked in for a service.

I hope the connector for the RX is still in the door? Let's know how you get on.
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by chyjoke1(m): 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2011
i really appreciate siena. it has actually been connected. the location of this transimitter was actually at RHS pillar by the back door. the programmer will try again on monday as there is election tomorrow and they will be no movement. i will keep you posted.
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by sultaan(m): 11:53pm On Apr 06, 2011
I'll really be surprised to see that fob work.
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by sultaan(m): 9:16pm On Apr 27, 2011
fixed or not?
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by sultaan(m): 6:10pm On May 02, 2011
FIxed?
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by keyremotes(m): 10:58pm On Nov 06, 2011
This car was CE with an LE badge pasted on it.
CE's do not come with remote keys.
The solution is to do an aftermarket as the receiver isn't even installed in the vehicle.
Re: Help, Problems With My Remote Control by sultaan(m): 12:37am On Nov 07, 2011
problem solved grin

(1) (Reply)

550k Dash Prize For This Extremely Sharp Rover 75 2000 Model / Mitsubihi L300 And Mercedes Truck 2222 For Sale (picture) / Sparkling Tokunbo 2007 Infinity Fx 35...price: N5.9m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.