Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (1265 Views)

Canadian & Belgian Firms Bid For Calabar Deep Seaport Project / Gov Emmanuel Applauds FG On Speedy Actualization Of Ibom Deep Seaport / Kaduna Inland Dry Port : A Look At The Activities Of Nigeria's First Dry Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
-

1 Like

Re: - by Duridadi: 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
grin

Re: - by samuelson06(m): 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
jjhnja44es:
This is a rough sketch of how the ongoing Calabar deep Seaport will connect to inland cities .

The freight train will pass through the following states /cities : Anambra,Abia ,Maiduguri,Ikom ,Ogoja,Abuja,Kaduna,Kano, Markurdi, Taraba,Enugu, etc . The current Calabar port will be phased out because a few bridges are to be built across the river , part of the Calabar mega city master plan.

PS. I don't need any negativity or silly arguments on my thread. The Calabar Deep Seaport will be completed and functional by 2029 and will be the deepest in the world at 21 meters. I will not waste my time replying any negative and baseless comments.

Keep dreaming bro. Dream on!
Re: - by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2021
-
Re: - by Vlain: 10:53am On Jan 19, 2021
jjhnja44es:
This is a rough sketch of how I think the ongoing Calabar deep Seaport should connect to inland Ports .

The freight train will pass through the following states /cities : Anambra,Abia ,Maiduguri,Ikom ,Ogoja,Abuja,Kaduna,Kano, Markurdi, Taraba,Enugu, etc . The current Calabar port will be phased out because a few bridges are to be built across the river , part of the Calabar mega city master plan.

PS. The Calabar Deep Seaport will be completed and functional by 2027 and will be the deepest in the world at 21 meters.
Refrain from negativity and silly arguments on my thread. Negative and baseless comments will not be responded to .

Story. Which ongoing

Believe this lies at Ur own peril.
Re: - by Faithful007: 11:42am On Jan 19, 2021
jjhnja44es:
I would imagine something like this with the rails in between interstate highways . Passenger trains,if any, can be elevated above these tracks or built on side of the road like mono rail .....Or simply build three tracks and use the middle for cargo.

p.s Be aware that cargo airports are non viable in the long run due to too many restrictions of what can be shipped by air. Most of the cargo airports being built in Nigeria will not operate at even 20% capacity, you still need freights to convey 85% of goods to inland Ports. So I don't understand why the dumb Nigerian governors are wasting money on cargo airports instead of freight trains and inland ports .
no airport is solely for cargo.
Re: - by godello: 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2021
Delusion... No be only 2027 na 2099.

(1) (Reply)

Justice Adewale Thompson Banned Open Grazing In 1969 / Fg To Reduce Fuel Price Below N100 Per Litre - Daily Advent / Who Signed 1914 Amalgamation Of Southern And Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.