Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City (24713 Views)

Transfer: Victor Osimhen Set For A Shock Move To Manchester United / Ahmed Musa In Shock Move To Kano Pillars After Failing To Find Foreign Club / Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by robosky02(m): 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
Transfer: Lukaku set for shock move to Man CityPublished on January 17, 2021 By Ifreke Inyang
Inter Milan striker, Romelu Lukaku, has become a target for Manchester City, who will invest £200 million in their squad in several areas at the end of the season, the UK Telegraph reports.

Pep Guardiola’s men sit four points behind leaders Manchester United with a game in hand, ahead of their match with Crystal Palace on Sunday.

But City face a summer rebuilding, with the likes of Sergio Aguero, Fernandinho and Eric Garcia able to leave for free.

Guardiola will be in the market for a new striker, left back and a defensive midfielder.

One area of concern is a long-term replacement for striker Aguero, who has struggled with injury problems since the start of the season.

The 32-year-old striker’s contract expires in six months, and he is yet to make a decision on his future.

But City will reportedly target a new striker even if Aguero ends up staying at the Etihad beyond this summer.

It is believed that Lukaku, Dortmund striker Erling Haaland and Benfica forward, Darwin Nunez have been targeted as long-term successors to Aguero.

Lukaku has previously played for City’s rivals, Manchester United, between 2017 and 2019. But he struggled for minutes under Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer despite scoring 42 goals in 96 appearances in all competitions
https://dailypost.ng/2021/01/17/transfer-lukaku-set-for-shock-move-to-man-city/

5 Likes

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by phrancys001(m): 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2021
D guy don turn Jonny walker

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by robosky02(m): 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2021
phrancys001:
D guy don turn Jonny walker

It will be a fun...

3 Likes

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by nicho450(m): 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2021
Success to him!

5 Likes

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Lamasta(m): 6:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
He is always welcome to City anytime anyday...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by ebonge1: 6:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
Would his move grant city the Champions League trophy?
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 17, 2021
nice one

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by valentinenkem: 6:12pm On Jan 17, 2021
Noted, they should wait till then

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by tompat86(m): 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2021
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by xristos(m): 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2021
He's welcome to score easy goals works by Debruyne.

First time Front page cool

2 Likes

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by teemanbastos(m): 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2021
He misses English football
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 17, 2021
I hope to see him in derby match vs man utd

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by obonujoker(m): 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2021
The stone which the builders rejected, is turning out to be a Chief cornerstone grin

10 Likes

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by osazsky(m): 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2021
Guardiola cant stoop so low..he should go bk to man u...we dont pay free salaries like our neigbours..he should go for the dortmond guy..very clinical and would easily fit in...our strikers relates with midfielder and defenders.people like him..coaster that play direct will do well in Chelsea. Atletico..or man u definately not city spit

5 Likes

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Angelfrost(m): 6:18pm On Jan 17, 2021
Won't be a bad fit...

If he gets his first touch fully sorted out, he will be winning golden boot yearly with Debruyne in that midfield.

2 Likes

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:18pm On Jan 17, 2021
ebonge1:
Would his move grant city the Champions League trophy?
NO

Abeg I no bi God's deputy or Nostradamus distant relative, I just know say dem no fii win UCL with Lukaku..

3 Likes

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by ukehnonny: 6:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
I can't wait to see Lukaku back in Premier League.
What of Gabriel Jesus? He delivers and deserves to be in starting eleven.

Pep likes to spend shaa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Lawrry(m): 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
This guy dey tour o

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Attakwu101: 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2021
Is not going to be a good move for Lukaku
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by chimhigher(m): 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
If i was Lukaku's manager, i will advise him against this move. He is doing great at Inter and he's fast becoming a "We can't do without" striker there. Coming to Man city will surely affect his performance.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Dreambeat: 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
Lukaku can’t fit into Pep’s playing style. He can’t trap ball and make good passes

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by judedwriter(m): 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
If he scores against man utd, he will celebrate like a pauper who who a million dollars lottery undecided

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Bimpe29: 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
He is poised to step in the shoes of Carlos Tevez.
I wish him the best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by fredoooooo: 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
That sack of potato grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by niggaman(m): 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2021
I doubt he'll settle-in In Mancity
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2021
Luku luku. Na bench sure pass for am for city.

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by bigstan11787(m): 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2021
I see Lukaku doing well in City
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by ATEAMS: 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2021
Issorite
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Akasammyoka: 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2021
Lukaku!! Yakubu Aiyegbeni of our time. This guy nearly give me hypertension during his Chelsea days

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tyler, Obafemi Martins Son Pictured With Him / Vincent Kompany's Burnley Promoted To The Premier League / Mohamed Salah Wins FIFA Puskas Goal Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.