Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. (4891 Views)

More Discomfort For Nigerians As NIMC Issues Fresh Directive / BVN-Generated NIN Not Useful - NIMC / NIMC Mobile App: You Can Verify Your NIN On The NIMC Mobile ID-App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by lifezone247(m): 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/NlMC_ng/status/1351488597472501760

The National Identity Management Commission says Nigerians who have not registered and obtained their National Identity Numbers should be ready to face the consequences.

NIMC stated this in a tweet on Tuesday.

“By order of the Federal Government, today is given as the last chance to register your NIMC or face the wrath of what comes next,” NIMC tweeted.

On December 15, 2020, the Federal Government declared that after December 30, 2020, all SIMs that were not registered with valid NINs on the network of telecommunications companies would be blocked.

It later extended the December 30, 2020 deadline following widespread opposition against the earlier announcement and gave three weeks’ extension for subscribers with NIN from December 30, 2020, to January 19, 2021.

It also gave six weeks’ extension for subscribers without NIN from December 30, 2020, to February 9, 2021, but many organisations have called for a further deadline extension or outright suspension of the NIN registration process due to the large crowds who had yet to have their NINs.

Although the NIMC refused to speak on the matter after several calls and messages were sent to senior officials of the commission on the subject, operators in the telecommunications sector told The PUNCH on Monday that about 43 million NINs had been submitted to the agency for verification.

About 43 million National Identity Numbers have been submitted by telecommunication companies to the National Identity Management Commission for verification in order to have them registered with their respective Subscriber Identification Modules.

The Nigeria Immigration Service had in 2019 made NIN a prerequisite for obtaining passports while recently, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board and the National Examinations Council made it compulsory for intending candidates.

This has caused several persons to gather at NIMC enrolment centres in disregard of COVID-19 protocols.

https://punchng.com/nin-prepare-for-consequences-nimc-threatens-unregistered-nigerians/?amp=1

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by Kingosytex(m): 2:00pm On Jan 19, 2021
Happy Sim Blocking Day to all defaulters!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by lavendae(m): 2:08pm On Jan 19, 2021
Let them do their worst

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by badaru911: 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
... Who cares..... During BVN, I didn't rush to do it. I waited patiently cos I knew the government would surely postpone it indefinitely.. And that's what gonna happen to this NIN... I don't know the reason why people still listen to the government.,..no matter what they say or plan to do, they will not do it... This NIN won't close rara..

16 Likes

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by EzegeNdiigbo: 2:27pm On Jan 19, 2021
Taaa

Have puTTin Anti-Sim Block on my two sims

Lemme see how you guy's will block it

May una no quote me
ABEG

4 Likes

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by Darkseid(m): 2:40pm On Jan 19, 2021
badaru911:
... Who cares..... During BVN, I didn't rush to do it. I waited patiently cos I knew the government would surely postpone it indefinitely.. And that's what gonna happen to this NIN... I don't know the reason why people still listen to the government.,..no matter what they say or plan to do, they will not do it... This NIN won't close rara..
I'm not even bothered, more than 60% of Nigerians are yet to register and blocking those SIM cards would cripple the economy, it'll ruin business and cause far more problems than what we are facing now.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by Xxpress(m): 2:57pm On Jan 19, 2021
They should block our Sims. We would both lose

2 Likes

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2021
[s]
lifezone247:
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

The National Identity Management Commission says Nigerians who have not registered and obtained their National Identity Numbers should be ready to face the consequences.

NIMC stated this in a tweet on Tuesday.

“By order of the Federal Government, today is given as the last chance to register your NIMC or face the wrath of what comes next,” NIMC tweeted.
On December 15, 2020, the Federal Government declared that after December 30, 2020, all SIMs that were not registered with valid NINs on the network of telecommunications companies would be blocked.

It later extended the December 30, 2020 deadline following widespread opposition against the earlier announcement and gave three weeks’ extension for subscribers with NIN from December 30, 2020, to January 19, 2021.

It also gave six weeks’ extension for subscribers without NIN from December 30, 2020, to February 9, 2021, but many organisations have called for a further deadline extension or outright suspension of the NIN registration process due to the large crowds who had yet to have their NINs.

Although the NIMC refused to speak on the matter after several calls and messages were sent to senior officials of the commission on the subject, operators in the telecommunications sector told The PUNCH on Monday that about 43 million NINs had been submitted to the agency for verification.

About 43 million National Identity Numbers have been submitted by telecommunication companies to the National Identity Management Commission for verification in order to have them registered with their respective Subscriber Identification Modules.

The Nigeria Immigration Service had in 2019 made NIN a prerequisite for obtaining passports while recently, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board and the National Examinations Council made it compulsory for intending candidates.

This has caused several persons to gather at NIMC enrolment centres in disregard of COVID-19 protocols.

https://punchng.com/nin-prepare-for-consequences-nimc-threatens-unregistered-nigerians/?amp=1

[/s]

3 Likes

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by falcon01: 3:25pm On Jan 19, 2021
Fantami and NIN could go f*ck em selves

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by JoyIsSweet: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
They can do nothing!!!

3 Likes

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by Gadafii: 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2021
i see another protest looming in coming days if NINC go ahead to bloch unlinked sim cards

nigeria is so backward, damn it

how is linking of NIN TO SIM CARDS our problems right now, there are 1001 problems facing nigeria, but the almajiri, gworo chewing malam sipping sour fura somewhere who may not be aware and later be 'shocked' is making life unbearable for nigerian

face boko haram,badits squarely, fight corruption honestly, create employment and etc, linking of NIN shouldnt even be a thing of national uproar, in sane clime, register can be done easily online and you everything captured in one biodata, without queueing somewhere that cant even spread corona virus

You have my bvn,u have my NIN, yet u are threatening me with stupid linkage

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 19, 2021
msheeeeew !!!
Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
Nigeria and fellow-Nigerians - hahahahahahah

When the Government wants to implement policies that they have not stressed-run, they give tight deadlines and force people out of their already harsh routines causing them to expose themselves, spend scarce resources to fulfill government commands in a matter of months.. but when Nigerians want the Federal Government to fulfill their promise and point to how long it has taken them to even start.. all you hear is.. "It took PDP 16 years to spoil Nigeria, it will take us 20+ years to repair it" meanwhile they keep repairing the budget to accommodate their ludicrous salaries and allowances without deadlines. NIGERIANS CONTINUE TO WATCH UNTIL YOU ROT FROM THE INSIDE OF YOUR EYES

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by ikennamadu1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
we the strong head association... are telling them to do there worst

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by Niceman4u(m): 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
Which government and what is NIMC?
We are in autopilot in everything here.
U can't get this done by threatening ppl.
Is there no way these ppl can introduce technology to this registration thing?
Why must everythin be done in ancient style?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by BUGOFF(m): 5:06pm On Jan 19, 2021
NIMC, class action suits await you. continue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by potbelly(m): 5:06pm On Jan 19, 2021
Lamba...

2 Likes

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by Tunde835(m): 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2021
Bleep em all

1 Like

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by ZesusHVWritter(m): 6:28pm On Jan 19, 2021
I am looking forward to this blocking like say eh.... I can't wait for this government to further disgrace themselves.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by Farteemoh: 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
cry

1 Like

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by privaldo: 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
NIMC are the biggest chest beaters in Nigeria. Telecom operators will not disconnect as much a 29 million users, instead they will plea for more time.

But if they eventually grow the balls to do it, then f*uck them. I can't die of Covid because of a sim card.

3 Likes

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by Alezy(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
lifezone247:
https://mobile.twitter.com/NlMC_ng/status/1351488597472501760

this is fake news, please always make sure you verify before coming here to inform people. That is a parody account, I mean not an original account. I saw that tweet earlier this afternoon but it was from a fake NIMC twitter account.

2 Likes

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by Sunnycliff(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
Consequences kee Una dia

4 Likes

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by festacman(m): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
Suit yourselves but I can't kill myself for NIN.
Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by slawormiir: 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Their father

1 Like

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by ZUBY77(m): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
Bleep them.
In a country where half of the populace are illiterates and have not even heard about linking,
Where the same govt is asking people not to gather together, and you are threatening us. These idiots will never see anything good again

2 Likes

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by EmekaBlue(m): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
Waka Shege Banza Damburuba with za one one comfuter to register how many fifu.

1 Like

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by masterflowx(m): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
I have gone there about 5 times without being registered. I can't come and go and kee myself. grin

1 Like

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by TrueChristians: 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
Nigerian government always wicked to her citizens

1 Like

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by Kwamecron(m): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
We are ready

I dare u d ur worst.

Is this wat they should be proud off?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Prepare For Consequences, NIMC Threatens Unregistered Nigerians. by mayklef(m): 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2021
d

(1) (2)

HELP : My Two Weeks Old Infinix Zero Screen Cracked / Iphone 6 For 30k On OLX. How Original Can D Phone Be. / How To Dial Phone Numbers With Alphabets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.