Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,712 members, 7,831,230 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? (422 Views)

Full Text Of Robert Mugabe''s Speech To Zimbabweans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by ikorodureporta: 6:57am On Jan 21, 2021
I watched how Biden, & past US leaders deliver their speech without any referencing material, same way Osinbajo, & Frank Nweke Jnr does..

How long can you go without looking at any referencing material?

lalasticlala

Re: Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by Aflix(m): 7:00am On Jan 21, 2021
If you are talking about something you know very well, making a presentation without any aid shouldn't be a problem. Joe Biden has been in politics for more than 50 years and knows most of the political tricks. He knows that people would talk about him not using any material for his inaugural speech, so I'm sure he prepared very well for it. All na politics.

As for me sha, I hope to get to a point where I can talk about anything agriculture without having to use any material.
Re: Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by uptimumOne23(m): 7:03am On Jan 21, 2021
Have you ever heard of TelePrompter?... That's what Biden used yesterday... There no way you can go that long on a speech without using a TelePrompTer and not digress

4 Likes

Re: Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by ikorodureporta: 7:06am On Jan 21, 2021
uptimumOne23:
Have you ever heard of TelePrompter?... That's what Biden used yesterday... There no way you can go that long on a speech without using a TelePrompTer and not digress

why buhari no dey use am, even for inside recorded speech na paper him dey read cheesy
Re: Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by uptimumOne23(m): 7:11am On Jan 21, 2021
ikorodureporta:

why buhari no dey use am, even for inside recorded speech na paper him dey read cheesy

So this is about Buhari abi...u go chop knock for head now

Anyways, guess we are used to giving speech from paper

2 Likes

Re: Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by helinues: 7:31am On Jan 21, 2021
Why not most especially if it's topic I know much of
Re: Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 21, 2021
ikorodureporta:
I watched how Biden, & past US leaders deliver their speech without any referencing material, same way Osinbajo, & Frank Nweke Jnr does..

How long can you go without looking at any referencing material?

lalasticlala

They use teleprompters bro

Joe Biden is already half-senile!
Re: Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by ikorodureporta: 7:52am On Jan 21, 2021
helinues:
Why not most especially if it's topic I know much of

Knowing is different from delivering. ..you must b a talkative to be able to do that

I remember in my pry sch days when I was drafted into the debating team. I fk up no b small, & was ashamed of my self cheesy

I was doing well in quiz/ maths team & the teacher just assumed that I will do well in debate

..but now, it's all about memorizing yr lines from paragraph to paragraph
Re: Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by helinues: 7:54am On Jan 21, 2021
ikorodureporta:

Knowing is different from delivering. ..you must b a talkative to be able to do that

I remember in my pry sch days when I was drafted into the debating team. I fk up no b small, & was ashamed of my self cheesy

I was doing well in quiz/ maths team & the teacher just assumed that I will do well in debate

Presentation is all about keywords, you don't have to be talkative in order to deliver a good speech..
Re: Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by ikorodureporta: 7:57am On Jan 21, 2021
helinues:

Presentation is all about keywords, you don't have to be talkative in order to deliver a good speech..

how then do you deliver what you didn't write yourself
Re: Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by kilisi(m): 7:59am On Jan 21, 2021
For a good and extemporaneous presentation, you'll need an outline which you can check from time to time like Fasola does. Otherwise, you can use a teleprompter.
Re: Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by Racoon(m): 7:59am On Jan 21, 2021
Why not? You dont need to say everything verbatim.Just note key words & build your discussion around them.
Re: Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by helinues: 8:02am On Jan 21, 2021
ikorodureporta:

how then do you deliver what you didn't write yourself

You don't need to write any long epistle as a good presenter.. You only need to highlight your points and discuss on each..
Re: Can You Make A Presentation (Speech), Without Looking At A Written Version?? by Jollylolly(f): 8:54am On Jan 21, 2021
in today's Nigeria politics, the only sure and capable man to do this is the current VP.

(1) (Reply)

The history Behind Isreal Palestine Conflict / Donald Trump Singing & Selling Ice-cream In Pakistan – Video / Taliban Seizes Key Districts In Afghanistan As Gov’t Forces Flee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.