Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Erlang Programming Language - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Erlang Programming Language (391 Views)

Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? / Functional Programming, Erlang And Elixir - A Brief Primer / How Does It Take To Learn Python programming language Easy And Faster? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Erlang Programming Language by Telegram234(m): 9:14am On Jan 21, 2021
WhatsApp was created mostly with erlang programming language. But I have noticed in the programming world that people don't talk about it at all.
It is either python, Java or kotin.
Why?
What is wrong with erlang?
Re: Erlang Programming Language by TechCapon(m): 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
Telegram234:
WhatsApp was created mostly with erlang programming language. But I have noticed in the programming world that people don't talk about it at all.
It is either python, Java or kotin.
Why?
What is wrong with erlang?
yeah, whatsapp is created with erlang. Reason people don't talk about it is because it's very difficult to learn and companies hardly use it. I once read about a guy who was hired by whatsapp as a software engineer. They gave him 1 month to learn erlang and that's because he has a lot of experience with other languages.

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Adapting To Product Recommendation Extension For Magento Merchants / naira / My Social App Like Facebook For Sale (manage Without Coding)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.