Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Elements Of The Plot Of Tragedy - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Elements Of The Plot Of Tragedy (10941 Views)

The Plot Of My New Novel - Reviews Please. / What Are The Elements Of Romance? / Double Tragedy. Short Story By Ndipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Elements Of The Plot Of Tragedy by Josylove: 11:28am On Jul 04, 2007
Please can anyone identify at what point the tragedic play fall in, in The gods are not to blame by Ola Rotimi and Isiburu by Elechi Amadi.  I mean the elements of the plot of tragedy. Pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.
Re: Elements Of The Plot Of Tragedy by BTT(m): 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2008
ur question no too get meanig. make i help you help do your assignment sha.

The elements of tragedy according to Aristotle are;
Music, Language, plot, character, and spectacle

Briefly:
Music: every good tragic plot must have some elements of music either as songs, instrumentations, etc. he emphasises this with the use of The Chorus in all Greek plays

Language: It must also posses strong language usage. the context of the language must not be pedestral

Plot: the story must be told in such a way that it will have a beginin, a middle and an end, without conflicting itself. meanwhile the begining of the story might be in the end, etc

Character: A good tragic plot must contain noble (usually powerful and influential) human personalities, headed by the hero, around whom the whole plot revolves

spectacle: involves the use of theatrics that will help stupify the senses of the audience. costumes, make up, lighting, set / stage design et c are the issues of cosequence here. this things help emotions grow. tragedy is about emotions.

GENERALLY however, the point at which tragedy occurs is that point when the audience/reader begins to purge their emotions, when the hero looks at himself and discovers his own mistake(s)/error(s) (flaws) and sees the destruction ahead that he cannnot repair. This is the tragic point in any tragic plot.

I hope say my tory helep u sha.

C ya @ d top
Re: Elements Of The Plot Of Tragedy by Makanjuolaa(m): 11:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
please ooo
using gods are not to blame by ola rotimi how can we discuss the element of drama tanx

(1) (Reply)

The Divorce Papers / 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story. / Reincarnation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.