Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Academic Transcript- But Why? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Academic Transcript- But Why? (5674 Views)

Academic Transcript / Unilag Transcript Application / Please I Need To Get My Academic Transcript Oouites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Academic Transcript- But Why? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 04, 2007
I discovered that getting Academic Transcript is becoming an issue in some of our institutions in Nigeria. I had a painful experience recently, I applied for my transcript to be sent to a schoool in the Netherlands since August Last year for an Msc programme in September 2007, I did the necessary follow up, Paid the necessary fee etc. But, to my utmost surprise the transcript was not sent. Only for me to get mails from the schools concerned that the transcript hasn't gotten to them, hence, No admission. I felt bad! embarassed embarassed

It actually was a big blow from Unilag! "Since August last year!" i thot. Or does it take a decade to prepare transcript?.

Feel free to share, if you've had such experience before.

Shallom!
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by isangedigh(m): 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2007
men i tire for this country my case is even in nigeria sef i studied economics and had a 2;1 and so i decided to further at Ife and then for my school to send my transcript big wahala o!! wht will i do nw.
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 06, 2007
Then, why do they charge for the processing of the transcript?! I've met some friends who complained about the same issue. You pay for the service and the service is not rendered. The way staff/non staff of our institutions treat students' issues is really disheartening, especially in the area of missing results, they do not take it seriously until it affects your graduation and before you say jack, you've got an extra semester/session as a result of this!!!!

I pray it becomes better someday.
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by Ndipe(m): 4:25am On Jul 13, 2007
It took me 4, I repeat, 4 years to get my transcript from Nigeria, to attend graduate school. Try as hard as I could to explain to my mother that my transcript had not arrived from Nigeria, she did not believe me. So, for those who live in Nigeria and have to endure these trying times, think of your peers in America, who are relegated to menial jobs, with no hopes of transitioning into their career of their choice, because of the hurdles in getting their transcript. It can be so frustrating, seriously, that I wont be surprised if some Nigerians out here have resorted to travelling home, just to get their transcript.

How I was able to get mine was during my visit to Nigeria a while back. Few days after my arrival in my hometown, I landed at Uniuyo and requested for my transcript. The woman was quite reluctant to hand it to me, insisting that the officers would post it. I refused to budge. Went to the bursary department and paid 500 Naira for the transcript. When I came back with receipts to prove that I had paid for it, the secretaries were in the process of issuing out a new one for me, by typing it, when one of them told the workers that they should check the file drawer. Guess what? A display of worker's indolence could not have been more apt in this scenario when I saw, with their own presence, my transcript, lying idly in the drawer. I figured out that at least the transcript could have been there between a year to four years.

Immediately, I went back to the bursary office to get back my money, but who sai? The officer kept back 50 Naira, but I was only relieved that I got my transcript. An ordeal indeed!
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 13, 2007
The hurdle is really much my sister, but i wonder why
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by hunter777(m): 3:28am On Jul 20, 2007
No be unilag, members of staff in the records office are the laziest humans alive. it takes them forever to get your transcript ready.you'll be lucky to get it in 6months.
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by MP007(m): 5:51am On Jul 20, 2007
Unlike the united states where u can send transcripts by just clicking a buttom on your schools website, nigeria's institutions of higher learning are stil operating the "old file" system of record keeping.

I was tryin to get my transcript sent to texas A/m IN 2003, and ma goodness, The school told me they were stil working on it.It was my waec result that saved/buyed me time.

I think nigeria should develop a system like that of us colleges were u can simply send your transcript any were in the world through your schools website, People wey dey us understand wetin i dey try yarn, no be so?
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by Ezinwannem: 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2007
it is really a pity, things in Nigeria is alwayz the oppoiste/difficult. My cuzizn was denied admission abroad after admission was offered to him in condition of waiting for her transcript. He gave them a website to view his result as they wait for his school. Guess What? the online Wasce says C5, his school put C4 so the school said they were going to take what the school provided, now hez back in Naija to retake all these exams again to be abel to re-apply, na wahhhh
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by Ezinwannem: 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2007
MP00, I undrstand u, things r so easily done here
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2007
simply go to your school and sit on their heads until they give u the transcript by hand.
I got mine in less than 2 weeks.
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2007
2 weeks    Sure it was your transcript and not Exam Record ? grin. I learnt they don't give out transcript to students but send it to the school concerned.
Well, That's great if you could get yours in 2 weeks.  angry  angry hmmmh David Spark  grin.

I wasn't in Lagos then to follow up on my transcript, but one of the staff in there, assured me and told me to send him some recharge cards to facilitate communication since i was away. This, i did, 2 times. Yet he did nothing about it.

I wish i was around to've sat on their heads.  grin

It was just too disappointing.
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 23, 2007
i applied for my transcript in february so as 2 meet admission in sept.since i am based in abuja i went to lagos payed all d bills and left, thinkin in a month or so it will be sent.i asked my mum to follow up for me about a month later.i was shocked when she called me and said they had not done anytin.i had to start makin phone calls and lookin for pple who could help me.it was realy stressful oh.it was my friends uncle dat works in cash office dat finally helped me.the transcript wasnt sent until july.
its seems like one needs to know some1 before you can get anything done in this country oh.its realy sad.
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by Goldenpriest: 3:01am On May 11, 2020
abeg make them no do me like that for my High school transcript
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by 12inchess: 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
Isn't Nigeria a bad country if after 13 years people are still having problems with obtaining their transcripts. Later people will say buhari is bad, the country is bad. But it's not buhari working in the transcript office. It's fellow Nigerians like you and I.
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by Ayo199(m): 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2021
12inchess:
Isn't Nigeria a bad country if after 13 years people are still having problems with obtaining their transcripts. Later people will say buhari is bad, the country is bad. But it's not buhari working in the transcript office. It's fellow Nigerians like you and I.
14 years after, still the same disappointment
Re: Academic Transcript- But Why? by PECng: 10:35am On Jun 21, 2022
What an Unofficial Transcript and an Official Transcript Mean and what they can Be Used For
Having to explain to clients the meaning and uses of unofficial transcript and of official transcript is one of the things we steadily encounter per day, it’s almost like travel agents/PR and schools aren’t explaining enough what they mean when they ask travel aspirants to provide their unofficial or official transcript. But this is Pathfinders Edu. Consultancy (PEC), part of our jobs is to enlighten people who may be needing such, and the fact that this write-up caught your interest and retains your attention till this line can only mean that this topic we are about to discuss means so much to you. Trust us to give you the best of information anytime. Now let’s talk about what unofficial transcript and an official transcript mean and what we can use the two for. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2022/06/what-unofficial-transcript-and-official.html

(1) (Reply)

The Summary Of “the Last Days At Forcados High School” By A.H. Muhammed / Writing Exam In The Dream / More Photos Of KSU Final Year Student Brutally Killed By Suspected Cultists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.