Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Our Pledge - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Our Pledge (229 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Pledge by Aiyamrex(m): 11:03am On Feb 15, 2021
"Our flag shall be a symbol
the truth and justice reign
in peace or battle honoured
and this we count as gain
to pass unto our children
a banner without stain"

I pledge to the flag of a country that's done nothing for me.
We offered our ribs a passage for the bullets cheerfuly.
Our finger arched in the flames and our burnt teeth smiled our victory for us.
To have worn this camouflage we become so eligible.
I pledge allegiance to the reminiscence of a nation under God, bond in freedom, unity, faith, peace and progress.

I pledge to the flag of a country that imbibed the blood of her countrymen.
We set our heads for the swords and our larynx for the dagger willingly. We burnt our bodies on granades, o motherland I have no regrets for risking our lives against all ods.
I pledge allegiance to the reminiscence of a great nation under God, bond in freedom, unity, faith, peace and progress.

. . . . .
Re: Our Pledge by Aiyamrex(m): 11:14am On Feb 15, 2021
I pledge to the flag of a country where hunger eat up our meals.
May your noble cause be directed either i'm alive or dead.
I will turn into dust and join your soil
I will bloom out like the roses as I uphold your honour and glory, this is my only desire.
"Roger! This is the major general reporting live from the grave, do you copy?
all men down, I repeat, all men down
Over!

#Folorunsho Mike Iyanuoluwa

(1) (Reply)

Poem:hypocrisy In Love / Invisible Poems Club / MAIDUGURI III( Eyes Of A Terrorist-love)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.