Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Who Is Who? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Who? (589 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Who? by neztar: 1:25am On Feb 21, 2021
In Genesis 1:2, we learnt about the spirit of God who they say hovered over the earth. In John 14:16-17, we learnt about christ promising the holyspirit to his disciples. My question is, is the spirit of God in the old testament also the holyspirit in the new testament? Righteousness2, nutella, mynd44, lalasticlala
Re: Who Is Who? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:49am On Feb 21, 2021
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES would you like me to participate in the ongoing discussion?

neztar:
In Genesis 1:2, we learnt about the spirit of God as he hovered over the earth while it was formless. In John 14:16-17, we learnt of how Jesus promised the holyspirit to his disciples. Now, my question is, is the spirit of God in the old testament also the holyspirit in the new testament? Righteousness2, nutella, mynd44
Re: Who Is Who? by neztar: 8:06am On Feb 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES would you like me to participate in the ongoing discussion?

you are free
Re: Who Is Who? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:15am On Feb 21, 2021
neztar:
In Genesis 1:2, we learnt about the spirit of God as he hovered over the earth while it was formless. In John 14:16-17, we learnt of how Jesus promised the holyspirit to his disciples. Now, my question is, is the spirit of God in the old testament also the holyspirit in the new testament? Righteousness2, nutella, mynd44

God is Holy therefore His Spirit Must and is Holy!

Thus, as it was in the beginning so is it now and so shall it always be.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Who? by Righteousness2(m): 8:34am On Feb 21, 2021
neztar:
In Genesis 1:2, we learnt about the spirit of God who they say hovered over the earth. In John 14:16-17, we learnt about christ promising the holyspirit to his disciples. My question is, is the spirit of God in the old testament also the holyspirit in the new testament? Righteousness2, nutella, mynd44, lalasticlala

Yes ! The Spirit of GOD of the Old Testament is the Spirit of GOD in the New Testament.

The GOD in Genesis 1:1-2 is the Same GOD of John 1:1-3.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Who? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:36am On Feb 21, 2021
God's Holy Spirit is an Active Force God often send out to accomplish his purpose, God sits always on his throne in heaven and focus on whatever he wants to accomplish. Therefore it could be used to make God's servants dream of future events, show them vision, accompany them to perform wonders, strengthen them to do strange things, sharpen their brains to understand deep things, enhance their tongue to speak another language, organise them for the purpose of worship and so on
If he wants to act on anything he sends out this force, that's what we found @ Genesis 1:2 and since Jesus knows his father so well {Luke 11:9-13} he promised his friends (disciples) that if they stick to the things he taught them his father will send out that Active Force (Holy Spirit) to assist them in achieving the seemingly impossible task ahead of them! John 14:16, 26

So the Holy Spirit is God's property both the father (God) and Jesus (Son) can make use of it in line with the plan they both agreed upon.

Jesus' Apostles were also given the privilege to use this Force {Act 18:14-17} but it's not for sale so money can't buy it! Act 18:18-21

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

neztar:
you are free
Re: Who Is Who? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 21, 2021
neztar:
Yes, its the same, the spirit of God is also the holy spirit, holyspirit is the spirit of God. In Joel 2:28, God said "and it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
The problem some people have when it comes to Christianity is that they dont understand the concept of trinity. God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit are one and same with different functions.
Re: Who Is Who? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
God's Holy Spirit is an Active Force God often send out to accomplish his purpose, God sits always on his throne in heaven and focus on whatever he wants to accomplish. Therefore it could be used to make God's servants dream of future events, show them vision, accompany them to perform wonders, strengthen them to do strange things, sharpen their brains to understand deep things, enhance their tongue to speak another language, organise them for the purpose of worship and so on
If he wants to act on anything he sends out this force, that's what we found @ Genesis 1:2 and since Jesus knows his father so well {Luke 11:9-13} he promised his friends (disciples) that if they stick to the things he taught them his father will send out that Active Force (Holy Spirit) to assist them in achieving the seemingly impossible task ahead of them! John 14:16, 26

So the Holy Spirit is God's property both the father (God) and Jesus (Son) can make use of it in line with the plan they both agreed upon.

Jesus' Apostles were also given the privilege to use this Force {Act 18:14-17} but it's not for sale so money can't buy it! Act 18:18-21

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

Holy spirit is not a force, holy spirit is a personality that has emotions. The holy spirit can be happy, can be grieved, can be angry.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Who? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2021
Nuttella:
Holy spirit is not a force, holy spirit is a personality that has emotions. The holy spirit can be happy, can be grieved, can be angry.

Please present a gathering where Mr Holy Spirit is actively working today! smiley
Re: Who Is Who? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Please present a gathering where Mr Holy Spirit is actively working today! smiley
He is actually, maybe you should attend a 12hours praying in the holy ghost session and see the holy spirit at work. Can a force talk to you? the holy spirit talks to me.

The holy spirit is the spirit of guidance, of power and of prophecy.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Who? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2021
The FRUIT (WORK) of God's Active Force (Holy Spirit) are LOVE JOY PEACE PATIENCE GOODNESS GENTLENESS FAITH MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23

In my own village demons used to talk to the idol worshiping priests, they do prophesy and they have powers, same goes with other religions and there is no difference in all their spectacular exhibitions.

Only God's Active Force (Holy Spirit) can produce Godly qualities!

So if demons claiming Jesus are deceiving you they can't deceive sincere and honest hearted individuals, we know what to expect from God's Holy Spirit that no demon can do! smiley

Nuttella:
He is actually, maybe you should attend a 12hours praying in the holy ghost session and see the holy spirit at work. Can a force talk to you? the holy spirit talks to me.
The holy spirit is the spirit of guidance, of power and of prophecy.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Who? by Galatians: 2:42am On Feb 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The FRUIT (WORK) of God's Active Force (Holy Spirit) are LOVE JOY PEACE PATIENCE GOODNESS GENTLENESS FAITH MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23

In my own village demons used to talk to the idol worshiping priests, they do prophesy and they have powers, same goes with other religions and there is no difference in all their spectacular exhibitions.

Only God's Active Force (Holy Spirit) can produce Godly qualities!

So if demons claiming Jesus are deceiving you they can't deceive sincere and honest hearted individuals, we know what to expect from God's Holy Spirit that no demon can do! smiley

Read this

There are at least 4 signs that President Xi Jinping is the Anti-Christ described in the Book of Revelation. First, his name's English Gematria value is 2 x 666. Second, he possesses characteristics of the beast in Revelation 13:2, like the mouth of a lion, feet of bear and power from the dragon. Third, the social credit system started by Xi in 2018 is very much like, and on its way to, the antichrist’s “mark of the beast” system for buying and selling, as described by John the Revelator. Fourth, persecution of Christians in China is the worst it’s been in more than a decade.

"President Xi Jinping"'s Gematria Value

The Base-6 numerical values of "President Xi Jinping" calculated with English-Gematria (Note 1) are as follows (cf. AntiChrist Watch 2018):

Xi Jinping = 672 (minus 6 = 666)
President = 660 (plus 6 = 666)
President Xi Jinping = 1332 = 2 x 666

Gematria is an alphanumeric code of assigning a numerical value to a name, word or phrase based on its letters.

Characteristics Shared by Anti-Christ & Xi

According to Revelation 13:2: the Antichrist has the mouth of a lion, feet of a bear, and gets his power from the dragon. Xi Jinping completely matches the description:

Firstly, for centuries, Dragon has been the symbol of China, in particular of the emperor. And in 2018, Xi Jinping amended the Constitution and made himself president for life, i.e., emperor. Secondly, Xi Jinping has banned Winnie the Pooh -- a cartoon bear -- film after comparisons to himself. Thirdly, the old colonial flag of HK includes a big lion. As Xi's China is vigorously trying to devour Hong Kong, the lionly association of his mouth becomes obvious (cf. Elim19 2018).

China's "Mark of the Beast"

China began using their social credit system on May 1, 2018, against those who flout the rules. People who have failed to behave in the CCP's eyes will have their train and flight transportation privileges nullified and will be banned from purchasing property, among other penalties. The Supreme People’s Court in China stated that 6.15 million Chinese citizens had been prohibited from taking flights for social misdeeds, reported Reuters. These laws are extremely oppressive and, in that the penalties prohibit some commerce, the system is very much like, and on its way to, the antichrist’s “mark of the beast” system for buying and selling, as described in the Word of God.

John the Revelator wrote,

And he [the antichrist’s false prophet] causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast [antichrist], or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (Revelation 13:16-18 KJV)

Otherwise, how can you explain the fact that more than 2,000 years ago, the Prophet John wrote about this type of computer technocracy? How did he know there would be a cashless society in the last days, by way of a mark placed in the right hand, or forehead, unless God revealed it to him?

Persecution of Christians Escalating in China

In Xi's China, they’re closing churches, jailing pastors – and even rewriting scripture. By Open Door's reckoning, more than 20 million Christians experienced persecution last year, and it forecasts that number to increase to 50 million in 2019. “In China, our figures indicate persecution is the worst it’s been in more than a decade – alarmingly, some church leaders are saying it’s the worst since the Cultural Revolution ended in 1976,” said Henrietta Blyth, chief executive of Open Doors UK and Ireland, in a statement.

Web link: https://www.hkbnews.net/post/president-xi-jinping-confirmed-to-be-666-anti-christ-by-chapman-chen-hkbnews

Note 1: Gematria is an alphanumeric code of assigning a numerical value to a name, word or phrase based on its letters. Gematria originated as an Assyro-Babylonian-Greek system of alphanumeric code or cipher that was later adopted into Jewish culture. Similar systems have been used in other languages and cultures: earlier, the Greek isopsephy, and later, Arabic abjad numerals, and English gematria. https://www.gematrix.org/?word=President+Xi+Jinping

Pic credit: Gov.HK

#XiJinping #Chinazi #antiChrist #666 #MarkoftheBeast #winniethepooh #socialcreditsystem #religiousfreedom #opendoors #KAG2020 #ChapmanChen #HKBNews #standwithhongkong #revelation #BibleStudy #Gematria #bookofrevelation #donaldtrump #OpenDoor #pastordev #revpatrickMahoney

https://m.facebook.com/hongkongbilingualnews/posts/856103764827389?locale2=ms_MY
Re: Who Is Who? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:39am On Feb 23, 2021
Sorry i don't value links, i believe in what you're able to grasp and how convincing it is, that's why Jesus asked his followers to go to people's homes to preach and teach them what they're able to understand from his teachings.
There is no special presenter in the Christian family each of us is gifted with the ability to divulge what we perceive from the Lord, when Jesus sent us out to preach and teach {Matthew 28:19-20} he knew very well that some are good in teaching than others but sincere and honest hearted listeners are not just motivated only by eloquence rather valuable points needed about God's Kingdom, even a child of 7-10 years of age can win souls for Christ it's not about any special gift but the ability to understand and relate what we grasp. We all know how to relate what we saw in football, movies, news, parties, events at work, school, and in the neighborhood. So i'll appreciate whatever you're able to say as long as you have valid points in your presentation.

Galatians:

Read this
https://m.facebook.com/hongkongbilingualnews/posts/856103764827389?locale2=ms_MY

(1) (Reply)

Worship With Us At Believers Penticostal Mission Inc Aba 08035086715 / Come In Here ONLY If You Are Religiously SOUND! / Nigeria's October 1st Public Holiday Bible Quiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.