Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Some Programs Are Not Working On My Computer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Some Programs Are Not Working On My Computer (755 Views)

Please Help Me - All My Programs Are Opening With Internet Explorer / Is Your Glo BIS Still Working On Your PC? / Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Programs Are Not Working On My Computer by SeunT2(m): 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2007
I use MCafee antivirus, it found 716 infected files and instead of cleaning i mistakingly deleted them, the second day it found 816 infected but i didn't make the same mistake, now some programs are not running on my computer. Is displaying "the system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. the application will not run properly. the relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system\32\SHELL32.dll occupied an address range reserve for windows system dlls. The vendor suppling the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL." so please help me out because i don't know what to do. Tanks
Re: Some Programs Are Not Working On My Computer by Maleeq(m): 11:42pm On Jul 05, 2007
I guess you just had an automatic update done on you system right? Well, the error occurs when you install the following security updates: (KB928843) and (KB925902). They have some systems files with conflicting base address. So, the errors pops up when an application loads one, and then needs to access the other.

Goodnews, Microsoft have a fix for that.
Follow this link. It takes you directly to the solution/fix download :
Download Fix
Re: Some Programs Are Not Working On My Computer by SeunT2(m): 11:02pm On Jul 08, 2007
its still don't work sad,
please help out,
Thanks in advance,
I love you all,
Re: Some Programs Are Not Working On My Computer by Maleeq(m): 11:59pm On Jul 08, 2007
Even after you installed the hotfix I gave?

Well, I would suggest you do two things:
- Get all the updates recommended on your system from the windows update site. Most of these errors have been resolved through the hotfixes they release. I might have missed the right one to install but most memory relocation errors has been attributed to the previous ones I listed. If there's any new one, then I dont know about it.

- It could be a virus activity. I dont know how effective McAfee cos I never used it. If possible, get another AVP and run through system scan.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Faster Internet Connection, Pls Recommend / Data Consult / Need A New Laptop-urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.