Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (1713 Views)

Any Chance Of Another Life After Death? I Have Messed Up This One / Three Type Of Beliefs That Messed Up The African Mindset / Nicole Cliffe: How God Messed Up My Happy Atheist Life. Must Read For All! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by LordReed(m): 10:35am On Mar 21, 2021
aroundtheearth:
Defeating BH needs to be a collective effort, in terms of the necessary reforms that must take place. BH-affecting states need to play their own part in improving military efforts, implementing comprehensive programs to address the roots of radicalism (especially corruption and bad governance), provide better development assistance to impoverished communities, etc. The main drivers of BH are internal and must be addressed by Nigeria's federal and state-level governments.

Buhari is the commander in chief of the armed forces. There is no collective effort in him deploying the armed forces and its resources. You don't get to be in the decision loop because it's not your responsibility.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2021
LordReed:

Buhari is the commander in chief of the armed forces. There is no collective effort in him deploying the armed forces and its resources. You don't get to be in the decision loop because it's not your responsibility.

You are on point even Jesus said: Don’t you realize that I could ask my Father for thousands of angels to protect us, and he would send them instantly?

1 Like

Re: . by peggywebbs(f): 1:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
Partially yes. Some people are rich while some are poor.... it's the way things are. Afterall all fingers are not equal.

But some crave power and would prefer the riches doesn't spread. They use wealth and power as a weapon to suppress the vulnerable poor. The world we live in is survival for the fittest.

It doesn't mean people don't acquire wealth honestly, its just that those with power have designed a system to frustrate the process. They have the power to frustrate the efforts of the common man struggling. So you are either lucky or have to work twice as hard to acquire wealth or eventually when you do, it is snatched out of your hands either by powerful forces through politics or the corrupt system.

Point is if these people were to have the keys to heaven, they would decide who to kick out and who dominates the treasures of the place. According to them, they are powerful.

extol1:

I have been enjoying yourself responses in this section, but is that the reason why we have the poor and the rich

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Much less than your much often chant!

You may say it so much that you may have an opportunity to "Trade mark" it! grin

You are making noise.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
LordReed:

It's not Buhari's fault that Boko Haram is ravaging the country but it is his responsibility to solve the issue.
Buhari only carries out the responsibility of a father to his children by providing XYZ for them.
He chooses not to carry out his responsibility as the president.
He is a member of the APC or one of the reasons why Nigeria's economy is doomed.
The APC/PDP only ensure that the economy is doomed.

1 Like

Re: . by LordReed(m): 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
Image123:

He's done everything needed for anyone to go through life. He's also laid out His plan of a different world in the future.

Yeah sure that's why they raped and killed Uwa in a church, your god was on duty as usual, watching.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
LordReed:

Yeah sure that's why they raped and killed Uwa in a church, your god was on duty as usual, watching.

His god enjoys such scenes.
His god is worse than a sadist.
Re: . by xproducer: 6:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
Everything in this world is just a scam, religion, marriage, friendship, jobs, polititics etc are all a scam, so what is God enjoying from creating this messed up world?
====

First, concerning the Lord GOD Almighty Who is Holy -
"He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He." - Deuteronomy 32:4

Second, this world was cursed because of the disobedience/ sin and fall of mankind (Genesis 3:17), "For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body." - Romans 8:22-23

Third, GOD Himself says "
"For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God. “Therefore turn and live!” - Ezekiel 18:32

GOD has been, from before the foundation of the world to present - saving the souls of many, many people (Hebrews 4:3, Revelation 5:9) and this age will come to an end, and all things made new!

The Glorious New Creation
For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind." - Isaiah 65:17

The focus should be on becoming personally reconciled with GOD through belief in the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST!

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away." - Matthew 24:35
Re: . by Image123(m): 1:47pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

Many factors come into play BTW. However let's start with the fact that God watched as His own Son was unjustly killed in the most gruesome manner. This was followed closely by the martyred deaths of MOST of the early apostles. It still did not stop Him from being glorified.
Re: . by LordReed(m): 2:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

Many factors come into play BTW. However let's start with the fact that God watched as His own Son was unjustly killed in the most gruesome manner. This was followed closely by the martyred deaths of MOST of the early apostles. It still did not stop Him from being glorified.

According to you guys your god sent his son to go and die, how is that cared to Uwa's death? Or are you saying he sent Uwa to be raped and killed?
Re: . by Image123(m): 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

According to you guys your god sent his son to go and die, how is that cared to Uwa's death? Or are you saying he sent Uwa to be raped and killed?

This was followed closely by the gruesome martyred deaths of MOST of the early apostles. It still did not stop Him from being glorified. i don't know the lady in question asides being in the news. The ones that i know and know their Christian lives are here as examples.
Re: . by LordReed(m): 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

This was followed closely by the gruesome martyred deaths of MOST of the early apostles. It still did not stop Him from being glorified. i don't know the lady in question asides being in the news. The ones that i know and know their Christian lives are here as examples.

Ok your god just likes to watch people get killed, got it.
Re: . by sonmvayina(m): 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

Death does not mean anything to God. Remember he drowned the entire world and save only a handful of persons...
Re: . by Image123(m): 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

Nope, He's got a different perspective, eternity and judgement. Death is basically an exit to eternity. You don't believe in eternity and judgement that's why you feel so aggrieved and inconsolable.
Re: . by LordReed(m): 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

Nope, He's got a different perspective, eternity and judgement. Death is basically an exit to eternity. You don't believe in eternity and judgement that's why you feel so aggrieved and inconsolable.

Yeah suffering is so easy and pleasant because to your god it's a blip in time. Nevermind the conscious creatures enduring the suffering, they are insignificant and their pain is nothing.
Re: . by LordReed(m): 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
sonmvayina:

Death does not mean anything to God. Remember he drowned the entire world and save only a handful of persons...

Yeah, it is apparent.
Re: . by Image123(m): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

Yeah suffering is so easy and pleasant because to your god it's a blip in time. Nevermind the conscious creatures enduring the suffering, they are insignificant and their pain is nothing.

Lol, if you have the real Holy Spirit. You'll not feel all these suffering. There's a peace that passes understanding and an unexplainable joy. You must have read of it.
Re: . by LordReed(m): 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

Lol, if you have the real Holy Spirit. You'll not feel all these suffering. There's a peace that passes understanding and an unexplainable joy. You must have read of it.

This is a denial of reality. Even Jesus was said to have felt the suffering and anguish. You guys are really something.
Re: . by Image123(m): 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

This is a denial of reality. Even Jesus was said to have felt the suffering and anguish. You guys are really something.

i said ALL. Jesus Christ like you said came to feel the suffering, in fact He rejected the pain reliever. Of course, you will feel pain and tribulation if something bad happens. i don't mean one should be stoic or inconsiderate, we even mourn with them that mourn. What i mean is that you don't feel utter despair, hopelessness or devastation like most others do. If you read the life of the early apostles, all these things you call great were light afflictions that they even rejoiced over. People were going into fire and dens and singing joyfully. They are not hopeless, they believe in and even see an eternity of joy despite pain.
Re: . by Dtruthspeaker: 11:58am On Mar 23, 2021
LordReed:

It's not Buhari's fault that Boko Haram is ravaging the country but it is his responsibility to solve the issue.

That is the Difference between A Creator and his creations vs. creations and creations.

It is Always at the Pleasure, instance and Right of A Creator to attend to the needs of a creation exactly as it is Only when it pleases you to fix and repair your damaged car, phone or laptop that you would exercise your power over it!

Unlike creations to creations, Buhari is like an Alternator who does not have a choice but to charge the battery and power all the components of the vehicle called Nigeria, It is his True Job!
Re: . by LordReed(m): 12:31pm On Mar 23, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

That is the Difference between A Creator and his creations vs. creations and creations.

It is Always at the Pleasure, instance and Right of A Creator to attend to the needs of a creation exactly as it is Only when it pleases you to fix and repair your damaged car, phone or laptop that you would exercise your power over it!

Unlike creations to creations, Buhari is like an Alternator who does not have a choice but to charge the battery and power all the components of the vehicle called Nigeria, It is his True Job!

Yes your god is a nonchalant absentee creator who doesn't give a flying rat's arse if people are suffering and dying, we get it.
Re: . by Dtruthspeaker: 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
LordReed:

Yes your god is a nonchalant absentee creator who doesn't give a flying rat's arse if people are suffering and dying, we get it.

Just as you do not care about the viruses running around in your laptop, phones, TVs etc disturbing many softwares snd hardwares and even Killing some of them, inside these things,

Therefore, by your answer you have no further reasonable questions and thus, it is settled!
Re: . by LordReed(m): 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Just as you do not care about the viruses running around in your laptop, phones, TVs etc disturbing many softwares snd hardwares and even Killing some of them, inside these things,

Therefore, by your answer you have no further reasonable questions and thus, it is settled!

I don't care about virus because I don't want them so I guess your god doesn't care because he doesn't want the people who are suffering. QED.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 24, 2021
LordReed:

They think you can't be nice without reading the Bible.
They think you can't be productive without reading the Bible.
Damn it!!!!!!
Humans exhibited creativity even before the Bible was written!!!!!
I think budaatum should know that humans were capable of showing love to one another even before the goddamn Bible was written!!!!
So, I never really needed Jesus to teach me $_##&'##--$##;+-""@#*"_--!!'$$$$**$
Re: . by budaatum: 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
HellVictorinho:

They think you can't be nice without reading the Bible.
They think you can't be productive without reading the Bible.
Damn it!!!!!!
Humans exhibited creativity even before the Bible was written!!!!!
I think budaatum should know that humans were capable of showing love to one another even before the goddamn Bible was written!!!!
So, I never really needed Jesus to teach me $_##&'##--$##;+-""@#*"_--!!'$$$$**$

I think you should know that humans were capable of going to the moon but they did not until they actualized that capability. Go study some history Hell and stop with the lazy. You'd find that learning improved human beings, and the Bible was one of the many teaching tools.

As for being super good nice and mega productive, please see here an atheist putting believers to shame.

When you see buda mention Bible, in future think "humans who live by one book alone will become malnourushed". Thinking of "a library full of books" instead of one book. will help you understand buda.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12139287_20200815214258204_jpeg_jpeg47e5b8da68365d838d1911e22e0106a4
Re: . by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 24, 2021
budaatum:

I think you should know that humans were capable of going to the moon but they did not until they actualized that capability. Go study some history Hell and stop with the lazy. You'd find that learning improved human beings, and the Bible was one of the many teaching tools.

As for being super good nice and mega productive, please see here an atheist putting believers to shame.

When you see buda mention Bible, in future think "humans who live by one book alone will become malnourushed". Thinking of "a library full of books" instead of one book. will help you understand buda.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12139287_20200815214258204_jpeg_jpeg47e5b8da68365d838d1911e22e0106a4

Stop this!!!!!!
Did humans show love to one another before the Bible was written or not
Answer the question!!!!!!!!
Re: . by budaatum: 8:30pm On Mar 24, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Stop this!!!!!!
Did humans show love to one another before the Bible was written or not
Answer the question!!!!!!!!

No one says the Bible is responsible for people showing love to one another, Hell. You just need to step outside your human bubble to know that even goats that don't read can love one another.

The point is that education does increase the ability of humans to love one another much more widely than they otherwise would have, and religion is just one more facilitator of that education to love.

But perhaps you are considering single individual people. Go study the Roman Empire to understand my point. You were conquerable if you were not in it but once you became part of it you were 'loved'.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
budaatum:

No one says the Bible is responsible for people showing love to one another, Hell. You just need to step outside your human bubble to know that even goats that don't read can love one another.

The point is that education does increase the ability of humans to love one another much more widely than they otherwise would have, and religion is just one more facilitator of that education to love.

But perhaps you are considering single individual people. Go study the Roman Empire to understand my point. You were conquerable if you were not in it but once you became part of it you were 'loved'.

I've heard you.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 24, 2021
budaatum:

Are humans more loving than ants
Re: . by budaatum: 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Are humans more loving than ants

Is human HellVictorinho more loving than ants?
Re: . by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
budaatum:

Is human HellVictorinho more loving than ants?
There's no reason why Hell Victorinho should be more loving than ants.
Re: . by budaatum: 10:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
HellVictorinho:

There's no reason why Hell Victorinho should be more loving than ants.

And that's indeed your choice.

However much an ant may love, buda who has a bigger brain and who went to school and reads books and who lives hundreds of more days than an ant lives must definitely have lots of reasons and be more capable of more love than an ant and apparently much more than HellVictorinho.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Have A World Without Poverty? Lets Discuss / Who Is An Atheist? / Xtians Answer This If You Know You Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.