Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? (722 Views)

Can Do A Masters In Electrical And Electronics Engr. With A Bsc. In Mathematics? / Is Further Mathematics Compulsory To Study Computer Engineering? / Computer Science And Computer Engineering: What Are The Differences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by PrinceCharmiing(m): 8:43pm On Mar 25, 2021
Hey guys, I'm quite popular here but this is my alternate moniker. I have a degree in a life science course already but I want to get an engineering degree. Which of these engineering fields is quite simpler and has real life practical applications?

Please note that I am not really good in math but I have enrolled for tutorials hopefully I'll grab all that I would know. I got to know math is not as hard as we make it look so I am going back to school for get my Engr title.

So guys, talk to me.

Lalasticlala what do you suggest I do?
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by doggedfighter(f): 8:45pm On Mar 25, 2021
Computer Engineering.
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by PrinceCharmiing(m): 8:46pm On Mar 25, 2021
doggedfighter:
Computer Engineering.
Reason?
Simpler? Broader? Wider application? Job availability? Well paid? Why?
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by doggedfighter(f): 8:48pm On Mar 25, 2021
PrinceCharmiing:

Reason?

Simpler?
Broader?
Wider application?
Job availability?
Well paid?
Why?

I T rules now.
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by PrinceCharmiing(m): 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2021
doggedfighter:

I T rules now.
Alright, thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by pastie(m): 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2021
Draw my chair and waiting for the elders
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by The5DME(m): 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2021
Una don start this year again. Choose computer engineering by the way.
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by PrinceCharmiing(m): 9:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
The5DME:
Una don start this year again. Choose computer engineering by the way.
Lol bro, I no be jambito o. I just wan go back school follow my passion, I don finish one degree already, I don serve finish self 19C. Thanks for your input bro
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by PrinceCharmiing(m): 9:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
pastie:
Draw my chair and waiting for the elders

You're an elder too, better talk o. Lol
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by pastie(m): 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
PrinceCharmiing:

You're an elder too, better talk o. Lol
Well, it all depends on area you want to specialize on, both field work hand in hand but as for me I have to go with computer engineering
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by abosede35876: 5:02am On Mar 26, 2021
:Computer Engineering.
Reason?
Simpler?
Broader?
Wider application?
Job availability?
Well paid?
Why?
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by PrinceCharmiing(m): 7:14am On Mar 26, 2021
pastie:

Well, it all depends on area you want to specialize on, both field work hand in hand but as for me I have to go with computer engineering

Thanks man
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by PrinceCharmiing(m): 7:15am On Mar 26, 2021
abosede35876:
:Computer Engineering.
Reason?
Simpler?
Broader?
Wider application?
Job availability?
Well paid?
Why?

Thanks
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by zealousayo(m): 9:11am On Mar 26, 2021
Computer Engineering... as it's a hotcake presently. The two courses are somehow intertwined; you will do many Electrical/Electronic Engineering courses as a Computer Engineering student. You should arm yourself with the in-depth knowledge of Physics and Mathematics.

You had already experienced undergraduate study, you should do well. May God be with you and make your aspirations come into fruition in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by SPLENDID25(m): 11:58am On Mar 26, 2021
Mr, I tell you, as an Electrical/Electronics Engineer, you can fit where a Computer engineer is needed. But, you can't do the reverse as a Computer Engineer. To those saying IT rules, Computer Engineering isn't Computer Science.
But go to a School where Electrical "and" Electronics Engineering is offered, not Electrical Engineering
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by PrinceCharmiing(m): 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2021
SPLENDID25:
Mr, I tell you, as an Electrical/Electronics Engineer, you can fit where a Computer engineer is needed. But, you can't do the reverse as a Computer Engineer. To those saying IT rules, Computer Engineering isn't Computer Science.
But go to a School where Electrical "and" Electronics Engineering is offered, not Electrical Engineering

God bless you man, I'll read up more on that
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2021
SPLENDID25:

sensible answer.

EEE is far better than computer engineering anywhere, anyday and anytime.

people are just decieved by the word "computer" that follow the engineering.
another misconception is that people always think that electrical and electronics engineering is all about light but the answer is purely NO.

EEE graduate can be a computer engineer with stress while a computer engineer can't do vice versa.

Bro if you gats to buckle your trousers if you wants to study EEE coz those people workload no dey smiles o
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by dauddy97(m): 10:17pm On Mar 27, 2021
Both are good courses.
I will give you an example of a lady then it's left for you to choose.

I have a lady who studied EEE and she's very good in computer aspect. Be it programming, networking and security. She is also good in her field. So, with her EEE cert, she now works in a role of a computer engineer.
Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by SPLENDID25(m): 7:44am On Mar 28, 2021
niceusername:

sensible answer.

EEE is far better than computer engineering anywhere, anyday and anytime.

people are just decieved by the word "computer" that follow the engineering.
another misconception is that people always think that electrical and electronics engineering is all about light but the answer is purely NO.

EEE graduate can be a computer engineer with stress while a computer engineer can't do vice versa.

Bro if you gats to buckle your trousers if you wants to study EEE coz those people workload no dey smiles o
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Electrical And Electronics Or Computer Engineering? by SPLENDID25(m): 7:46am On Mar 28, 2021
PrinceCharmiing:

God bless you man, I'll read up more on that
Amen! Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

19-month-old Pupil Hospitalised, Dies Five Days After He Was Flogged By Teacher / Photos Of Pilot Primary School, Bassa Pupils Sitting On Bare Floor In Class / The Reason Why Most Students Will Fail JAMB 2022 After Reading Hard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.