Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Deed And Survey Plan Questions. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Deed And Survey Plan Questions. (581 Views)

All You Need To Know About Conveyance Deed And Deed Of Assignment / The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan / ORIGINAL SURVEY PLAN,BUILDING PLAN DOCUMENT,BUILDING APPROVAL & CONSTRUTION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deed And Survey Plan Questions. by padamz07(m): 7:59am On Mar 27, 2021
Good day all,

Kindly advice, I’m about to purchase a landed property( 2 plots of land) from a seller who has the deed and the land surveyed already.

My question is , would I need to do another deed and survey again upon completion of payment?

Your advice would go a long way, thanks in anticipation for your candid advise and response .
Re: Deed And Survey Plan Questions. by MrMcJay(m): 8:41am On Mar 27, 2021
padamz07:
Good day all,

Kindly advice, I’m about to purchase a landed property( 2 plots of land) from a seller who has the deed and the land surveyed already.

My question is , would I need to do another deed and survey again upon completion of payment?

Your advice would go a long way, thanks in anticipation for your candid advise and response .

You need a Surveyor and a lawyer. Don't pay for the land without these 4 steps.

1. Get a Surveyor to pick up the physical coordinates to be sure that the land doesn't fall under government acquisition.

2. Get a lawyer to verify that the land does not have issues of any kind as regards title and documentation.

Once you get a positive response from the 2 steps above, you move on to the next 2 steps.

3. Your Surveyor draws the Survey Plan in your name and the details of the Survey Plan are used to prepare your Deed of Assignment.

4. Your lawyer prepares your Deed of Assignment. The information obtained in the course of pre-purchase verification comes in useful at this point for preparing your own Deed of Assignment.
Re: Deed And Survey Plan Questions. by padamz07(m): 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2021
MrMcJay:

1. Get a Surveyor to pick up the physical coordinates to be sure that the land doesn't fall under government acquisition.

2. Get a lawyer to verify that the land does not have issues of any kind as regards title and documentation.

Once you get a positive response from the 2 steps above, you move on to the next 2 steps.

3. Your Surveyor draws the Survey Plan in your name and the details of the Survey Plan are used to prepare your Deed of Assignment.

4. Your lawyer prepares your Deed of Assignment. The information obtained in the course of pre-purchase verification comes in useful at this point for preparing your own Deed of Assignment.

Thanks a lot.

This was really helpful. Initially I thought since there was already a deed and survey plan I wouldn’t need to do survey plan only the deed.

Now I know I’d have to do all again just so it can bear my name
Re: Deed And Survey Plan Questions. by padamz07(m): 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
Thanks a lot.
Really do appreciate ��
MrMcJay:

(1) (Reply)

4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex For Sale In Bethel Estate, Irawo, Kosofe, Lagos / A Multi-apartments Buildings For Sale At Ogijo, After Ikorodu / Land For Sale In OTA Pls Call Eunice Ekaette +2348029562694

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.