Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Advise Please - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Advise Please (465 Views)

Which Car To Buy? Advise Please / I Have A Budget Of 800k To 900k, Car Gurus Which Vehicle Do You Advise I Buy? / My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Please by bonnyhope: 2:17am On Apr 16, 2021
Hello

A tokunbo car was bought with a fresh engine oil and gear oil looking VERY FRESH and well GAUGED but mechanic is still insisting that atlea st engine oil should be changed before using the car in a long distance.

What will you advise considering that all the fluids still looking VERY new and properly guaged.

Please your input is required
Re: Advise Please by dru23(m): 2:44am On Apr 16, 2021
bonnyhope:
Hello

A tokunbo car was bought with a fresh engine oil and gear oil looking VERY FRESH and well GAUGED but mechanic is still insisting that atlea st engine oil should be changed before using the car in a long distance.

What will you advise considering that all the fluids still looking VERY new and properly guaged.

For rest and peace of mind ... Change the engine oil, but do not change the transmission fluid unless you are absolutely sure it needs to be ... DO NOT CHANGE Transmission FLUID FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGING....
Re: Advise Please by BusterG: 4:32am On Apr 16, 2021
bonnyhope:
Hello

Kareems go remove follow come synthetic oils go put another oil weight entirely.

Then the journey of ABUSE just started.

Welcome to Naija.

1 Like

Re: Advise Please by bonnyhope: 6:35am On Apr 16, 2021
dru23:

For rest and peace of mind ... Change the engine oil, but do not change the transmission fluid unless you are absolutely sure it needs to be ... DO NOT CHANGE Transmission FLUID FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGING....

Thank you for saying this.
Re: Advise Please by dru23(m): 7:29am On Apr 16, 2021
bonnyhope:

Thank you for saying this.

Make sure you use the recommended engine oil .. We have sellers including me that import ....

Do not let your mechanic use engine killer 20w50 oil for servicing .. Due to scarcity of the "all mighty dollar " car parts are more expensive including engine and naija used parts are passed on as tokunbo been sold are very rampant .......

A word is enough for the wise........
Re: Advise Please by bonnyhope: 8:44am On Apr 16, 2021
dru23:

Make sure you use the recommended engine oil .. We have sellers including me that import ....

Do not let your mechanic use engine killer 20w50 oil for servicing .. Due to scarcity of the "all mighty dollar " car parts are more expensive including engine and naija used parts are passed on as tokunbo been sold are very rampant .......

A word is enough for the wise........

Tnx
I will go strictly with what is on the manual

Re: Advise Please by oladipuposadeeq(m): 10:17am On Apr 16, 2021
bonnyhope:
Hello

where is the car going to? Before it was brought into the country was it a salvage title or clean title? What type of car and model year are we talking about Give? Give me answers to this and I will know if you need any sort of service or not
Re: Advise Please by peeps4u: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2021
bonnyhope:

Tnx

Be there to watch your mechanic change the oil and put the one you bought.
Re: Advise Please by Carparts888(m): 7:37pm On Apr 16, 2021
Please note that 5w 30 full synthetic oil have "palm oil grades"(sub-standard). Buy from accredited sellers only for Mobil 1,Castrol 5w 30,valvoline etc don't buy hardex or other unknown full synthetics ooo shocked
bonnyhope:

Tnx

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean Toyota Camry 2010 4 Mounth Old With 100% First Body / ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅cleanest Matte Black Upgraded 2020 Benz G63///AMG..PRICE 27.8M NET / Tokunbo 2011 Lexus Es350 By Xbm Motors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.