Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Paying Of Tithe While In Debt - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying Of Tithe While In Debt (450 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection / Should You Be Paying Tithe While You're Owing People Money? — Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by daylay7(m): 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have been thinking alot about this and I need to find my bearing concerning the topic. I have been in a huge debt since 2018 and people have been telling me the reason I couldn't finish the payment is because I have not been paying my tithes.
So, I need help truly. Which one comes first? Can I be paying my tithes while trying to settle out the debt?
or I should just focus on canceling the debt first and tithe comes later.
Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by Amotolongbo(f): 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
daylay7:
Hello everyone,
I have been thinking alot about this and I need to find my bearing concerning the topic. I have been in a huge debt since 2018 and people have been telling me the reason I couldn't finish the payment is because I have not been paying my tithes.
So, I need help truly. Which one comes first? Can I be paying my tithes while trying to settle out the debt?
Then you have to pay the tithe of your debt. That is going to be a negative value, ie the church is meant to pay you and help in settling your debt.

1 Like

Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by iramure(m): 10:04pm On Apr 22, 2021
Free yourself from religious slavery, tithe is a scam. It has nothing to do with you. It's a problem created to force you into submission. I have never paid any stupid tithe for years and I am not indebted to anyone.
You only enrich your pastors by obeying the tithe principle
Please focus on settling your debt
Read Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 till end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by Kobojunkiee: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2021
daylay7:
Hello everyone,
People have been telling you? undecided

1 Like

Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by daylay7(m): 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
People have been telling you? undecided
Yes
Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by daylay7(m): 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Then you have to pay the tithe of your debt. That is going to be a negative value, ie the church is meant to pay you and help in settling your debt.

I thought about that too but I doubt it will be possible.
Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by Kobojunkiee: 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
daylay7:

Yes
Do you know why there are over 40,000 Christian denominations, over 2 billion "Christians" but not even a sign or hint of the world being better for it? undecided
It is because Christians have been getting their knowledge of God from the mouths of men - other people - rather than from the mouth of God Himself. God is not in the mouth of someone else... He said that He will be your Only Teacher.... He will teach you about Himself. Someone said "Let God be true and men liars! undecided

Anyway, about tithing, I am afraid you have been lied to by people you listen to. Jesus Christ preached a different doctrine from that given the Old Covenant Jews, and so, it is instead the teachings of Jesus Christ that you ought to busy yourself learning. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by daylay7(m): 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Do you know why there are over 40,000 Christian denominations, over 2 billion "Christians" but not even a sign or hint of the world being better for it? undecided
It is because Christians have been getting their knowledge of God from the mouths of men - other people - rather than from the mouth of God Himself. God is not in the mouth of someone else... He said that He will be your Only Teacher.... He will teach you about Himself. Someone said "Let God be true and men liars! undecided

Anyway, about tithing, I am afraid you have been lied to by people you listen to. Jesus Christ preached a different doctrine from that given the Old Covenant Jews, and so, it is instead the teachings of Jesus Christ that you ought to busy yourself learning. undecided
Thanks for this piece
Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by luwiizy(m): 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2021
SUFFER SUFFER FOR EARTH...

ENJOY FOR HEAVEN... cry

1 Like

Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by GboyegaD(m): 12:09am On May 18, 2021
Pay your title because your heart is convinced and not what anyone tells you.

1 Like

Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by kimco(m): 12:27am On May 18, 2021
GboyegaD:
Pay your title because your heart is convinced and not what anyone tells you.

So in his indebtedness, do you recommend he pays the tithes, in case he is convinced? Say he was your father and you need your dad to pay for household bills etc...and he had that small amount to do so, would you recommend he pays his tithe with the money?

2 Likes

Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by daylay7(m): 3:17am On May 18, 2021
kimco:

So in his indebtedness, do you recommend he pays the tithes, in case he is convinced? Say he was your father and you need your dad to pay for household bills etc...and he had that small amount to do so, would you recommend he pays his tithe with the money?

Hmmmmmm
Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by GboyegaD(m): 5:27am On May 18, 2021
kimco:

You don't need to reason it, he just needs to follow his heart.

For me, as of today, I will pay. I stopped for some years and no one needed to convince me to start paying again. The very reason I said he should decide.

1 Like

Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by daylay7(m): 10:53pm On May 18, 2021
GboyegaD:

For me, as of today, I will pay. I stopped for some years and no one needed to convince me to start paying again. The very reason I said he should decide.

hhmmmm undecided
Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by Kobojunkiee: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
GboyegaD:

Follow his heart or follow God's command? undecided

1 Like

Re: Paying Of Tithe While In Debt by Image123(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2021
daylay7:
Hello everyone,

It's a matter of money management. There are things you are doing while paying your debts. Even USA and Nigeria are in debt. It doesn't mean they are not going to do other useful things. Have a good plan in place to get out of debt. Be responsible and disciplined as you do that also.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

See What The God Of Chosen Did In Abuja Crusade On Sunday, 23rd 2021 / “Daddy Is Back”, TB Joshua’s Daugther Welcomes A Baby Boy / African Pastor Dies While Trying To Emulate Jesus' Three-day Resurrection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.