Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,699 members, 7,813,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

POINT AND KILL (2) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / POINT AND KILL (2) (1300 Views)

Turning Point / Female Degradation In Nawal’s A Woman At Point Zero / End Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

POINT AND KILL (2) by vickyluvspices(f): 11:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
POINT AND KILL (2)

Written by :

VICTORIA EZEKIEL

©2021 by Victoria Ezekiel

All Rights Reserved
No part of this book should be produced , printed or translated in any form without the writers
Permission .
Re: POINT AND KILL (2) by vickyluvspices(f): 11:26pm On Apr 22, 2021
ABOUT Book 1
LET GOD JUDGE

When everything suddenly begins to fall apart for Charlie
place in a situation where there is a test in who is more powerful.
In a land where evil runs deep, blood shed, controlled by traditions ,confusion, trials and set back
THE gods have chosen a new priest
BUT GOD HAVE OTHER PLANS.
From the Author of IRIS

©2020 Victoria Ezekiel
Let God judge

Irrespective of the fact The book one had been removed from some sites to avoid plagiarism
You can read it on
WATTPAD
WEBNOVEL
WAP LOADED.COM
Re: POINT AND KILL (2) by vickyluvspices(f): 11:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
ABOUT BOOK 2
POINT AND KILL

Point and kill is a continuation of my first Book Let God Judge.

After being used by God to overcome the parental foundations of his root , pastor Jesse is set to embark on another radical spiritual assignment that is bound to expose the things done in secrets and put an end to wickedness when he was transfered to Another branch of the church.

Sit back and don't miss any episodes ,if let God judge was dramatic, then it's about to get hotter here.

This Book is going to be available on Niaraland only for the meantime before I decide if I want to share to other apps
Come all
Invite friends
Vote
Comment
Updates dropping from next week
Re: POINT AND KILL (2) by Ann2012(f): 9:02am On Apr 23, 2021
Seat claimed
Re: POINT AND KILL (2) by vickyluvspices(f): 12:03am On Apr 25, 2021
ALL THE IDOLS OF THIS WORLD ARE THE WORKS OF MEN
GOD IS GOD ALL BY HIMSELF

~

ULOKA TOWN
The big round golden sun hid quarter of its beauty at a distant Iroko tree metres away from the beautifully structured duplex .
The pastor Quarter was just a walking distance away from the church ,a newly structured Branch of Saints of God Church which head quarter is at Lagos.

Pastor David the tenth resident pastor that had been sent in less than one year to lead the church sat outside the passage on phone with one of the Head pastors from Lagos headquarter

“it is really bad here sir, I love Jesus and I am for the body of Christ but my life is being threatened in this place” he complained

*pastor David, if you are truly for the body of Christ then you should know when you give the devil the room for fear, he then uses the privilege to torment you* Pastor Lekan replied from the background

“There is something mysterious about this Town, now I understand why pastor Jude and the others demands for a transfer not long after their arrival, I am being tormented spiritually ,physically and emotionally, I can’t even remember the last time I closed my eyes and had a peaceful sleep “

*We would pray and fast on your behalf Pastor David for God to help you and the church over there then send you an assistant to ease the task*

“i want a transfer pastor Lekan”Pastor David maintained “please speak to pastor Dotun on my behalf ,I admit I am not ready to operate where principalities and powers of darkness resides ..please help me”

*hmmm...it is alright I will get back to you Pastor David *pastor Lekan answered from the background of the phone “let me just say a word of prayer for you”

“yes...yes Pray for me sir”pastor David replied

••••••••••••••

The house of mazi Ilukwe has turned to a mourning ground , seems like the grim reaper had made a permanent home in his household , two days ago was the burial of his last child Christopher ,a young man in the peak of his twenties who had just rounded up his youth service year.

Mazi Ilukwe could not erase the image of the stone cold corpse of his last child ,he was carried to his compound clad in his complete corper uniform with blood dripping from his head an accident they said cause by a careless bike rider , his first Son Ike had also suffered a mysterious sickness which had protruded his stomach and finally killed him

“Chai ! “
He exclaimed how doomed was he, what crime was he paying for he could remember vividly how his wife had slumped and died instantly after the sudden death of his daughter Adamma who was suppose to get married the next week.

“who did I offend ,death has stolen my whole family from me, am i really cursed “he lamented as he turned his face away from his Friend Mazi Orieji who had come to offer his condolence

“See Ilukwe you have to put yourself together , I know it is painful” Mazi Orieji spoke with a pitiful sigh

“You don’t know how Painful it is” Ilukwe sighed “look at me Orieji i am an aged man with nothing left , I lost my wife ,daughter and two sons mysteriously in just a short period of time , is it not enough to make me go mad or commit suicide”He spoke brokenly Making sure his guest had his eyes fixed on him

“But you still have me Ilukwe, you still have me”mazi spoke convincingly

“its not the same , it can never be the same again, I just want to die ,my enemies have succeeded in wiping out members of my family ,what else am I living for, I can’t continue to wake up every morning to remember I am all alone” Ilukwe lamented as tears poured down his eyes “i cannot continue like this Orieji” he cried shamelessly and bitterly in front of his friend who patted his back effortlessly trying to console him.

••••••••••••

Darkness had slowly spread its blanket to cover the town of Uloka only allowing them a little stream of light which source was from the crescent moon that still partially hid in the clouds .

“Don’t you think its mysterious the way Mazi Ilukwe lost his whole family in just a short period of time” Chiwendu a young teenager of about sixteen fair complexioned asked her elder sister Chika who seemed engrossed in her own thought .

“who are you talking to self “Their mother asked from the single sitter where she sat down observing her Elder daughter “is it this one that her mind has travelled to a place as far as Aba”

she hissed loud turning out denominations of naira notes from her business bag to the wooden centre table at the living room with the intention to arrange the squeezed cash she had made from her sales earlier at the market .

“Sister “Chiwendu called out shaking her slightly With a frown etched on her forehead

“What ? What is it “Chika looked at her confused

“Mama was right, your thought has gone as far as Aba , maybe it has crossed the seven oceans self” Chiwendu queried as Chika scowled at her

“Chika , you have been acting this way since you came back from your Aba ,did your husband say or do anything to upset you”mama Chika inquired

Chika bobbed her head “Nduka did not say or do anything to upset me mama,I am fine”

“maybe it was her visit to Mazi Ilukwe house that have left her upset” chiwendu guessed “see mama if you don’t know ehh Christopher use to be sister crush before she got married ohh”

Her mother chuckled then sighed shaking her head in sadnesz “Death ...oh death how wicked you are”

distraught in her swimming thoughts, Chika left them both in the living room straight to the room she shared with her younger sister, her four year old son Derrick was fast asleep.
How did time fly so fast ,from the time of Derrick birth to when he took his first step was still fresh in her mind, it was just like yesterday she threw his first year birthday party .
She allowed her hand to pat his back with a sad look as she watched him sleep peacefully as her thoughts travelled memory lane

Four years Ago

Chika had been married for four years without a child , it was beginning to become a call for concern to her, her husband loved her but how long would he remain faithful ,how many yards of patience would he measure before he finally marries another wife or probably gets a mistress to give birth to children for him.

Nduka her husband was a wealthy business man in the city of Aba where they reside ,even though he had so many times proved his Fidelity and faithfulness to their marriage which was very rare of the male specimen of this time , women who where desperate still threw themselves at him.

Regina was a friend Chika had met at Aba, few years through their friendship she had come to trust the lady so much that Regina knew all of her matrimonial secrets.

Fear of loosing her husband Love had driven her to follow her friend to a shrine .

Chika had followed her friend Regina to a place where the more she thinks about it , nothing could change the pact she had made with the devil out of desperation to have a child

‘ogugu is not a god you go back on your promise with, are you willing to pay the price Ogugu demands of you woman'

‘ye...yes if Ogugu would bless me with a child I would do what it demands of me “chika replied looking at Regina who prompted her with a slight nod of her head to speak

The female priestess of Ogugu gave just a simple laugh “then go ,that which you seek after shall be given to you “

“thank you ...thank you great priestess”Chika fell to her knees In Excitement

“but in four years time you must return the child back to Ogugu to be initiated for whom you would bear has been chosen to carry the staff of Ogugu”

“what?”chika furrowed her brows

“that is the price you must pay to get a child from the great Ogugu,don’t ever think of going back on your word ,never you go back on your promise” the priestess replied her shaking her staff as she made incantations ignoring Chika who had a look of surprise on her face

“But..but “chika stuttered turning to Regina

“that’s not what you told me ohh”

“You need a child Chika to save your marriage, you should know this things always comes with a price na,do you know the things I had to do to stop my husband from looking at any other woman except me”

“Gina ...”

“Please stand up let’s leave this place now you are making me feel bad I brought you here ...

“Chika “
Her mother heavy voice brought her out of her reverie

“What is the problem chika ,I am sure it is not the death of Christopher that has turned you into a shadow of yourself” mama chika stated retying her wrapper

“Mama I said am fine, some days are just like that, today you are happy, tomorrow who knows how the mood would come”Chika answered with the intention dismiss the woman, she could be persistent and so annoying with her questions

“Bia ! Don’t use English to confuse me, its been a week since you came back from the city”

“ohhh..are you chasing me away so soon”

“I did not say that ,just answer my questions chika let me know what is going on with you”

“what questions again”

“did you fight with Nduka ,did he ask you to leave his house” she asked with a grim look on her face

Chika laughed “no mama”

“Did Nduka your husband travel out of Aba”

“no” chika scowled at her mother wondering what she was driving at

“Why are you here then chika what is pursuing you from your husbands house”

That seem to have left Chika speechless as she scratched her head thinking of what to say.

“mama I don’t understand all this questions you are throwing at me ohh, if you are tired of my presence ,I would go to my in-laws house to stay” she threatened annoyed

“why not go back to your husband house, it is not December na, Christmas and new year is far, intact we have passed Easter celebration so I don’t understand how Nduka would be comfortable with your absence “

“mama, what is all this na”

“people are beginning to talk, tongues are waging every where in uluoka that your husband has finally chased you away, please Chika go back to Aba , it indeed you are in good terms with Nduka , go back “mama chika spoke on a serious note

“are you telling me to leave this house”Chika asked shocked

“i don’t know what chased you out of your own matrimonial home in Aba when you are not quarrelling with anybody , don’t get me wrong my daughter this is your fathers house but you have to go back to your husbands house , take Derrick back to his fathers house”

With that she left the room mummuring only to herself .

Chika slumped down on the bed hoping sleep would come not wanting to give a thought to what her mother had said. For the sake of her peace of mind.
Re: POINT AND KILL (2) by vickyluvspices(f): 12:04am On Apr 25, 2021
Ann2012:
Seat claimed

Aww how I have missed you dear Ann
Re: POINT AND KILL (2) by Ann2012(f): 8:33am On Apr 25, 2021
vickyluvspices:

Aww how I have missed you dear Ann

Missed you too kiss
Re: POINT AND KILL (2) by vickyluvspices(f): 10:51pm On May 22, 2021
~

*The right Association is a guarantee for the right destination*
( culled from seeds of destiny)

Certain activities was bound to attract visitors and traders to Uluoka town talk about the large expanse of land which served as a market square where traders flooded in from far and near to either come market there wares or to buy a particular ware , the town was always busy on a Friday the main market day .
Kate sat down at her mother small shop which was constructed with planks alongside others , the grinding engine of her co engine grinder’s were very much alive whilst she sat with her hands placed in her cheeks looking forlorn .
The market place was suppose to be open for both the rich and poor, but this days it only seemed to favour those that had enough money to stand there ground from The sudden unwarranted union of tax .
The coming of this union had only favoured people who had money to buy them off , today was proving to be futile , this was suppose to be her family means of putting food on the table left for the little piece of land her late father brothers had left for them after the demise of her father

“sister why is your engine not out now I want to ground dried pepper and egusi” one of her mothers customers asked

“Emm...emm union people seized my grinding engine ohh”Kate explained

“why ...why would they do that”

“they refused to explain to me , they only said my mother had been owing the market union and she has to clear her debts”

“eyaahh...your mother has not yet recovered so she can resume back to her business”

“no ma,she is not yet strong enough”

Kate explained now reminded of how pained her mother would be when she found out how furtile today turned out to be , the engine was even a gift that was given to widows during a charity work from a certain church named saints of God to raise daily source of Income ,she didnt even know what to do, she could only watch in tears as people flooded the other shop .

The sudden demise of Kate father had left the family in the mercy of her father brothers who she was sure had been jealous of her father’s prosperity .
Things where no longer working well for them , it was as if when something good was about to come their way something happens instead, she had to drop out from school after her first year in the university due to lack of finances and non of her father relatives where willing to sponsor

“God why is all this thing happening to us” she lamented

“my mother and my sister is sick , I have not even heard from my brother since Papa ‘s death are you really up there God, do you really exist “ she cried ignoring the passers-by who seemed to find her present plight a scene to watch.

•••••••••••••••••

Anthony Mbakwe”
The prison warder a thin tall man who looked like he could easily be broken with just a little squeeze called out to the young man who was in the midst of other prisoners in the small square that served as a cell

“Who be Anthony Mbakwe”the prison warder shouted annoyed this time

“am the one” Anthony replied weakly raising his hand up he had heard his name earlier but it felt surreal that someone finally remembers such name exist in the cell

“Oga na me ohh, na me”one of his fellow cell mate replied jumping in excitement as he came close to the locked garter with a foolish grin

Anthony quickly pushed the guy away with an angry growl “i am the one that is Anthony Mbakwe”

“why you come dey form deaf abi you think I have time to waste” the warder hissed inserting the key to open the lock .

“sorry officer , but who is looking for me”Anthony asked as he scratched his thick unkept hair that had grown rough from lack of care in prison.

“are you coming out or you want rot for this place” the prison warder asked roughly pushing him out

“you dey ask me rubbish question “ he locked the gate back as he commanded Tony to follow him.

Anthony found himself outside the prison gates clad in the same cloths he had on two years ago when he was given a sentence of ten years in prison for robbery and theft with his shoes and wallet
he allowed himself to savour the fresh cool breeze that blew round him , it was more like a luxury at this moment compared to the jam packed cell that has served as his home for two years ,he allowed his feet to carry out of the prison environment in case they changed there mind and decide to put him back there, he felt weak to his knees ,in fact he could count all the bones that was almost obvious in his dirty skin
Turns out he has been pardoned by the state since the crime in which he was serving was minor.
A crime he didnt commit but no one cared to know weather he was innocent of what he was accused off.
He touched his pocket to see if the #4000 note the warder had handed him was still intact, that was enough to first take him to

Oga Millicent the man he had served for ten years without settlement instead a prison sentence after he had said his piece ,he would relocate back to his village to see his family.
The sun had already gone down as the street seemed to be busy with people moving to and fro , Tony pointed for where the bike man would stop in front of a big shop that seemed to be busy he brought out change left from the transportation he had paid down to Aba and handed part of it to the bikeman.
As the bike man zoomed off Tony stood in front of the massive shop where electrical appliances was sold for a while as tears streamed down his eyes.

“Tony ! Tony is that you or am I seeing a ghost” Ogonna one of the boys that had joined him few years earlier to also serve called out in shock
Tony instead looked at him with pity despite the pains he felt deep in his heart

“where is your Oga”he asked instead

“Oga Millicent dey inside Office ohh but Nna mehh I don’t understand , I thought you where sentenced to ten years ...

“I am Innocent , the heavens is fighting for me”Tony simply said as he entered the shop ignoring the gasps of familiar faces that knew him when he served at the shop he instead walked straight to His former boss office without knocking

Oga Millicent who was going through records in his computer jumped in shock on seeing him

“you armed robber , how did you manage to get out of prison”Oga Millicent a robust man in his early sixties asked shocked.

“I served you with honesty and loyalty for ten good years Oga , when it was time for you to settle me, you set me up”
Tony said matter of factly his face twisted in pains
“ why? Why , i thought you claimed to be my father friend”

“bia! Anthony Mbakwe or whatever your name is , I don’t know how you managed to escaped the four walls of that prison but if you don’t leave this place now I will teach you a lesson you will never forget”Millicent threatened

“and this time you won’t alive to see the next breaking of the day”

“This one you did to me I will never forget , it is only God that will judge between me and you”

“Common leave my office you criminal”Oga Millicent barked “imagine this dirty pig I picked from the village to make something out of him, you want to now grow wings and fly higher than me , never ...never Tony , you are a small boy from a wretched family and that is where you would remain ” Millicent stated “now leave my office”

Tony stood there with tears for only a few minutes
“it will never be well with you , I have cursed every single day I spent in that dirty cell with my life wasting away it will never be well with you oga Millicent am sure my father would be turning in his grave to know you are such a despicable man”

With that Tony walked out of his office , he suddenly felt disgusted with the place the only intention on his mind now was to go back to the village to see his family.

•••••••••••••••••••

ULOKA

The weekday evening fellowship at saints of God church had come to an end ,as people walked out of the church most in a haste to leave while others formed a group to involve in certain discussions and activities.

“I heard from a source that pastor David wants a transfer ohh to another church”
Margaret announced to her two female friends that moved at the same pace with her away from the church

“hia transfer is an understatement ohh, if he can just bolt and run out of uloka he would do it ohh” Olaku stated which caused the other ladies to laugh

“but I don’t understand ohh..what is chasing all of them out of this town, any pastor that comes will not stay longer than two months but run away”nkechi replied

Olaku shrugged “i wonder ohh, in fact its like evil in this town has even accelerated ..

“accee...gini “magaret asked

“yes now there is evil in the town , there is evil in the church , you can’t even tell the difference , was it not mazi Ilukwe that lost his whole family mysteriously in less that how many months , is he not an ordained elder in the church”Olaku stated

“there are rumours even spreading that he has used them all for sacrifice to prolong his years on earth”Nkechi whispered

“sacrifice...I wonder how he still come to church and raise his shoulders high claiming to play the part Church elder ,As for me if I see no changes I will simply unconvert myself from being a christian and kukuma stay on my own”Olaku proclaimed

“Please I need to go to meet my children who are ahead of me , saints of God church matter has tire me”magaret stated

“I wonder who would be inaugurated as the next women leader since Illukwe wife is already dead”Olaku blurted out

“are you interested in the position madam Olaku, go straight to the point ohh and stop using style to be asking question” Margaret joked

“What is this one even saying , if am interested and so what am I not fit to lead the church women”Olaku asked offended

“With the way you wag your mouth up and down ,how can you cover the secret of a fellow woman”Nkechi stated seeing her words had offended her friend

“Me Olaku, I am now a talkative abi , we shall see Nkechi”Olaku threatened as she walked out of them angry with a loud hiss

“ah ah..it has not reach like that now”Nkechi shouted to her hearing

“You are just going like that Olaku”Margaret called after her

“No I am coming, rubbish”she yelled from behind leaving the ladies bemused at her sudden attitude

•••••••••••••••••

“Blood of Jesusssss...Jesus...jesus

Pastor David jumped up from the bed panting profusely as he struggled to put on the light switch close to his bed, he looked around the bedroom wanting to confirm that it was just him.

he had just had a very tormenting nightmare of a faceless masquerade chasing him out of the town along side animals such as goats and cats , this occurs mostly at several times at midnight , most times he is been pressed in his sleep and he struggles to wake up .

He checked the wall clock to see it was just past midnight, he felt goose bumps all over his skin as he heard the bleating of goats coming from his bedroom window , the wield part of it was when he looked out to chase the tormenting goats away or the loud mewing of cats he found nothing.

“No God! Not again ,how long will I continue like this , my nights are threatened by invisible animals physically and in my dreams”
Pastor David lamented going to pick his bible ,he was trying not to give in to fear

“Father you said you will keep those that serve you, I know I am preserved according to your promises to me that I shall not die, but is this really the place you want me to be, is this...
The loud bleating of goats cut him off as he opened his eyes to make sure it was outside

“this is not ordinary oh God, you silenced the mouth of the Lions to protect your servant Daniel in the bible I ask you silent the mouths of this goats and cats which are fighting me ,silent them forever , shame the devil ...prove yourself oh God , I reject fear, why should I fear when you are on my side”

pastor David literally begged , as he heard the distant mewing of cats from the church compound.

Apologies for the late updates
Misplaced drafts of several of my works
Has left me discouraged
Starting all over from scratch
Is slowing most of my works

Follow me on wattpad
Vickybr60
Catch up on other works
IRIS
Passion for revenge
Ivie:shaded love
Re: POINT AND KILL (2) by Ann2012(f): 6:41am On May 23, 2021
Following

(1) (Reply)

Ore Odaju / The Desperation (tales Of An Unfaithful Wife) / How To Marry The Right Wife- A Guide For Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.