Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

What Do I Do! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I Do! (292 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do! by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 06, 2021
Good day my fellow nairalanders, this have been bordering my mind for a very long time now and I don't know if there could be any solution to it.
I'm a very flexible person that values other people feelings alot, I put others first and I don't like being a burden to anyone. Not that i copied it from anyone, this has been inside me since my childhood and I've been hurt several times because of it but I keep repeating the same mistake.

For instance, years back when I first got admission into the university which my parent promised to sponsor me. They only sponsored my 100L then abandoned me when I got to 200L, when ever I ask them for anything they always complain as if I was being a burden to them(not that they don't have the money o) so I had to let them be. I struggled to sponsor my 200L which also affected my academic performance cause my GP dropped. 300L was hell for me that I had to drop out of school and applied for national open university so I can conveniently train myself and thank God am about concluding though that is not the issue..

This issue is this my nature of person or should I say mindset is becoming critical that alot of people do tell me to my face that am too soft, I take anything people throw at me am being too nice and stuffs like that.

Presently its affecting my business and am about to close down due to much debtors.

Please my people what do I do, is there any remedy to this?
I'm 26

Mods please help me move to Front page
Re: What Do I Do! by Foodqueen(f): 12:25pm On May 06, 2021
It's good u ask for front page cos I don't know what to tell ya.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do! by DICKstractor: 12:32pm On May 06, 2021
undecided

You just like me. I always have this believe that everybody deserves a second, third,... Chances no matter what you do to me

But in every human, there's always a 30secs of madness or more. Even Jesus in all his meekness exhibited it. When he came to the temple and saw people doing buying and selling. You can remember what he did

So OP, you have to take charge of your life. People tend to ride on other people when they see that you are gentle. Sometimes you've to show them the negative part of you. They'll get shocked and be properly guided

Learn to say NO sometimes. You can't keep giving out your goods on credit. You will run down your business. Just set out some rules and principles, follow them religiously.
Re: What Do I Do! by yomi007k(m): 1:35pm On May 06, 2021
Don't worry.

When people run you down to the ground, the next time you stand up you will be harder than the earth itself after learning your lessons.
Re: What Do I Do! by RightToReject(m): 1:50pm On May 06, 2021
Strive to be discerning, stop indulging unconscientious people, and stop celebrating mediocrity/rewarding unjustified confidence with loyalty and watch your health in particular and life in general improved.

The truth is that anyone who derives pleasure in continuous taking from you under any guise will also be the first person to betray you or cast aspersions on you when the chips are down.

There's nothing wrong with the golden rule; however, wrong application of it will do more harm than good to you.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do! by ImaIma1(f): 3:48pm On May 06, 2021
You just need to toughen up a bit and learn the act of saying NO. Say no and stick to it. It might make you lose some people; people that are not helping you.

Everyone cannot like you. Know this and be set free. So stop trying to please anyone.

(1) (Reply)

Business Woman Welcomes Baby After 9 Years Of Waiting, 9 Ivfs, And 3 Miscarriage / For Parents; How Can You Contribute To Your Child's Career Decision Making? / Who Also Feels This Way!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.