Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (534 Views)

William Kosco: I Will Never Give Biden Communion, Over My Dead Body / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / Should Communion Be Taken Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Pprecious2020: 12:32pm On May 09, 2021
Re: . by mymadam(m): 12:47pm On May 09, 2021
Pprecious2020:
I'm yet to get baptized and as our belive i'm not eligible for communion. A friend invited me to her church and on that day was a communion service when it got to my turn I decline. The pastor notices this and signalled to me at the close of service asking why i didnt eat the communion, I told him I'm yet to be baptized. He said the bible doesn't say so, start preaching some gosple and opening pages of the bible so as to convince me that I can still take the communion while I'm yet to get baptized.

Please children of God, i'm not so deep rooted in the gospel but I'm a follower of Christ, what does the bible really preach here in this regards. Which one comes first and participating in communion, does baptism plays a role.
I count on your opinion and comment here
(If possible back up with a biblical verse)

In the doctrine of the Catholic Church it is;

1. Baptism
2. Holy Communion
3. Confirmation
Re: . by Pprecious2020: 12:56pm On May 09, 2021
Thank you
Thought I'm not a Catholic but my believe agrees to this
Baptism
Communion
Re: . by enilove(m): 1:06pm On May 09, 2021
Pprecious2020:
I'm yet to get baptized and as our belive i'm not eligible for communion. A friend invited me to her church and on that day was a communion service when it got to my turn I decline. The pastor notices this and signalled to me at the close of service asking why i didnt eat the communion, I told him I'm yet to be baptized. He said the bible doesn't say so, start preaching some gosple and opening pages of the bible so as to convince me that I can still take the communion while I'm yet to get baptized.

Please children of God, i'm not so deep rooted in the gospel but I'm a follower of Christ, what does the bible really preach here in this regards. Which one comes first and participating in communion, does baptism plays a role.

Whether you are baptized or not , what is important is to be living in righteousness to the words of God.
Sinners are not expected to take part in the holy communion.

I will advice you to get baptized before eating of the Holy Communion.

Be careful of that pastor that wanted you to take in that holy communion. He should have asked whether you are born again or not .

1 Corinthians 11:26-29 KJV
For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
[27] Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
[28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
[29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

1 Like

Re: . by LisaAnneMia: 1:33pm On May 09, 2021
But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
1 Corinthians 11:28-30

From the above verses, I don't see where the Word of God gives a list of requirements before partaking of the Holy Communion. The only reason people are sick and die when they take the Communion as written in God's Word is not discerning the Lord's body. That's the only reason that explains "unworthily" in the Bible. Don't go by human definition of unworthily. Go by what the Bible said in regard to Holy Communion.

How do you discern the Lord's body? It's by separating the work of the body from the work of the blood. Jesus bore all our sicknesses and diseases and infirmities on His body, and by His stripes we're healed. When partaking of the body, say "Thank you Lord Jesus that by Your stripes I am healed from..." And the blood? His blood represents your blood that has been forgiven. To partake of the blood is to thank Him for forgiving you of all your sins.

That's how to discern the Lord's body according to God's Word. It's a thanksgiving time for what He did at the cross.

So don't be scared based on your human knowledge on how the Communion should be taken. Go to God's Word instead.

1 Like

Re: . by Pprecious2020: 2:31pm On May 09, 2021
Thanks alot
Re: . by Kobojunkiee: 2:45pm On May 09, 2021
Pprecious2020:

if you are deep-rooted in the Gospels then you should have no problem explaining to us why you believe that baptism should come before "communion". undecided
Re: . by Pprecious2020: 6:03pm On May 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
if you are deep-rooted in the Gospels then you should have no problem explaining to us why you believe that baptism should come before "communion". undecided

This is how I was raised
That's why I'm here to seek for your comment should incase i followed the wrong doctrine
Re: . by Kobojunkiee: 6:42pm On May 09, 2021
Pprecious2020:

This is how I was raised
That's why I'm here to seek for your comment should incase i followed the wrong doctrine
So you are not in fact deep-rooted in the Gospels as you originally claimed but instead in the doctrines and traditions of men which you confuse for the teachings of Jesus Christ. undecided

What you need to do is abandon all that you were raised on, open to the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ and learn anew who Jesus Christ is and what His teachings and commandments are in fact about. undecided

Jesus Christ is the New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God that God promised, through His prophets, to bless the Nations with. God is a God of Laws and Jesus Christ is one of God's Laws/agreements/Contracts, He being the living embodiment of that Law - the Truth of God , the very details of the agreement (Terms and conditions) and the promise of the Law(Life eternal). undecided

Unlike the Covenant before Him, Jesus Christ offers those who will accept Him, a light yoke and an easy burden. And much like the previous Covenant, He comes complete with blessings, curses, commandments, entry requirements, seals, ordained ritual, promises, a Kingdom etc. undecided

In order to gain entry into the Kingdom of God, in John 3 vs 1-21, Jesus Christ made it clear that one would need to obey the following commands, in no particular order

* Believe in Jesus Christ
* Be baptized (born of water)
* Be saved by exchanging death for eternal life( in John 10, Jesus Christ explains that this requires the eating of His flesh and drinking of His blood)
* Be born-again (Note this is not to be confused with the acquiring of the Spirit of God but instead a new spirit as promised by God in Ezekiel 36 vs 24)

Now, no matter how long you claim to have been a "Christian", if you have never done any one of the above listed, I am afraid what that means is you have never in fact become a part of God's Kingdom all that while. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

10 Facts About Prophet T.B Joshua's Wife You Didn't Know / Kenneth Copeland Sent His Jet To Afghanistan To Evacuate Christians / Biblical Meaning Of Rain In Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.