Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! (673 Views)

How Can I Sell My Broilers In Live Weighted(per Kilo) / 4 Weeks Old Broilers Are Sale In Ibadan / Wonder Why Your Broilers Are Not Converting Well... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! by Aston02(m): 9:48pm On May 10, 2021
Good day everyone.

Please, I need help on how to curtail the rate of death of my broiler birds. I bought the day old chicks last week Monday, and I noticed an increase i n mortality rate exactly Friday night. Between Friday and today, I've lost 40 birds, and I'm not sure how or when its going to stop.

I've been following due process all along and giving them vitamins and antibiotics as required.

I gave them Gomboro on Sunday(the seventh day), as stated by the vet, and I'm not sure it has curtail the spread either.

Please, farmers in the house, what can I do?
Re: Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! by funshint(m): 10:57pm On May 10, 2021
Hey yah....sorry for the loss. Hope someone can help on this.
Re: Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! by Nobody: 2:16am On May 11, 2021
Aston02:
Good day everyone.

Please, I need help on how to curtail the rate of death of my broiler birds. I bought the day old chicks last week Monday, and I noticed an increase i n mortality rate exactly Friday night. Between Friday and today, I've lost 40 birds, and I'm not sure how or when its going to stop.

I've been following due process all along and giving them vitamins and antibiotics as required.

I gave them Gomboro on Sunday(the seventh day), as stated by the vet, and I'm not sure it has curtail the spread either.

Please, farmers in the house, what can I do?
Did notice any symptoms in the birds and did you clean the brooding house well before usage?
Re: Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! by Aston02(m): 10:03am On May 11, 2021
matex97:
Did notice any symptoms in the birds and did you clean the brooding house well before usage?

Yes I did. In fact, I had the whole house clean again on Saturday. I just got Amoxy-col WSP and Tylo-Dox Extra WSP this morning. Hopefully it works. Thanks
Re: Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! by Aston02(m): 10:03am On May 11, 2021
funshint:
Hey yah....sorry for the loss. Hope someone can help on this.

Thank you
Re: Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 11, 2021
Aston02:

Yes I did. In fact, I had the whole house clean again on Saturday. I just got Amoxy-col WSP and Tylo-Dox Extra WSP this morning. Hopefully it works. Thanks
I am optimistic that it will work. So sorry about the loss bro
Re: Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! by Olayinka777(m): 10:26pm On May 11, 2021
I hope it's not as a result of heat?
Re: Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! by Aston02(m): 10:39pm On May 11, 2021
matex97:
I am optimistic that it will work. So sorry about the loss bro
Thanks for the concern. So far, no death recorded after I started using the new drugs.
Re: Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! by Aston02(m): 10:45pm On May 11, 2021
Olayinka777:
I hope it's not as a result of heat?

I'm not sure. I also think they needed heat since they're day-old chicks(or what do you think?). But I've reduced the heat since I read about respiratory diseases for birds online.

I'll completely stop heating their house when they're 2 weeks old. Thanks
Re: Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! by Olayinka777(m): 10:49pm On May 11, 2021
Aston02:

I'm not sure. I also think they needed heat since they're day-old chicks(or what do you think?). But I've reduced the heat since I read about respiratory diseases for birds online.

Sure they need heat but there are times that's equally too much for them.
Re: Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! by aliadi2: 4:41am On May 12, 2021
Hello Ashton..... U said the death started you gave gumboro vac, was there any spillage wen giving them the vac, if yes then u have an outbreak of gumboro in ur hands. Next give them iodine
Re: Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! by Aston02(m): 6:59pm On May 12, 2021
aliadi2:
Hello Ashton..... U said the death started you gave gumboro vac, was there any spillage wen giving them the vac, if yes then u have an outbreak of gumboro in ur hands. Next give them iodine

Hello, no, it didn't start with the Gumboro vaccine. It started two days earlier, and I gave them the vaccine on Saturday (the sixth day). I thought it's probably gon stop after the vaccine but it didn't. Reason I created the thread.

Thankfully, the mortality rate is reduced drastically and I pray it stop completely (since I introduced the drugs I stated in one of the comments).

Have also been getting different advice from people regarding what to use, but I guess I'll just stick with the current procedure as see how it plays out. I don't want to complicate the issue.

Anyways, lesson learnt, and the next batch is obviously going to be better than this. All hope is not lost on this too, I already planned for loss.

I'll make a thread on it when the time comes
Re: Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! by christistruth01: 8:44pm On May 12, 2021
Aston02:

Try soaking bitter leaf and ginger in their drinking water

(1) (Reply)

Rams Available For Sale / Exotic TN Piglets For Sale At Osogbo.. / 2000 Metre Drip Tape For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.