Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,746 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Should I Do This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Do This? (601 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Do This? by polariss(m): 11:34am On May 13, 2021
Please I need advice and counsel on this.

My friend told me about a convid19 fund request form.I will have to fill in my BVN,account details and some other personal information.

I was told 49 percent of the fund I get would be transferred to a certain account number (I don't know who).And the remaining 51 percent split equally between us.

Now,the problem is,I have this fear I am being used as a front to get a loan.Although he denied this;but I can't stop feeling there is something shady about this.I don't want a situation where cash inflows into my account,would get deducted in the future as that won't be fair,since I am getting about 25 percent of the whole money.

Lalasticlala,move to front page as there could be a snake move in this happenings.
Re: Should I Do This? by pstemma1990: 11:57am On May 13, 2021
49 percent is outrageous.... But if it's a grant (non repayable money) u can go ahead since u don't have anything to lose... But anything aside grant, even 15 percent is too much...
Re: Should I Do This? by SUPERPACK: 12:13pm On May 13, 2021
polariss:

My friend told me about a convid19 fund request form.I will have to fill in my BVN,account details and some other personal information.

I was told 49 percent of the fund I get would be transferred to a certain account number (I don't know who).And the remaining 51 percent split equally between us.

Now,the problem is,I have this fear I am being used as a front to get a loan.Although he denied this;but I can't stop feeling there is something shady about this.I don't want a situation where cash inflows into my account,would get deducted in the future as that won't be fair,since I am getting about 25 percent of the whole money.

Lalasticlala,move to front page as there could be a snake move in this happenings.

Do not take such deal, it is likely a money laundry tactics.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Do This? by polariss(m): 12:42pm On May 13, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Do not take such deal, it is likely a money laundry tactics.

Thank you.
I was thinking if it's genuine,then those in charge want to take their cuts..you know how Nigeria can be.
Re: Should I Do This? by polariss(m): 12:45pm On May 13, 2021
pstemma1990:
49 percent is outrageous.... But if it's a grant (non repayable money) u can go ahead since u don't have anything to lose... But anything aside grant, even 15 percent is too much...

Thank you.Ordinarily,I won't be bothered if it was a grant,whatever percent is better than No percent.

It's just the fear that it might be a loan that I have.

But "convid19 fund" is boldly written on it.
Re: Should I Do This? by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 13, 2021
polariss:

Let me person contact me. I will do it.
Re: Should I Do This? by 1F30M4(f): 4:46pm On May 13, 2021
"Convid19 fund request form"? Hmmm I've only heard of that of nmfb which was filled online but I think the portal is closed now.. I'm more concerned about the part where you're the one to input your personal details, your BVN & account details..

All these, and all you get is just 25% while you will have to repay 100% of the loan whether they comply with you or not cos it's you who applied for the loan afterall.. Ofcourse he'll deny it, what were you thinking? That he'll admit it to you, nahhh he won't.. Well, now you knoww, I'll advise you to use your tongue to count your teeth.

1 Like

Re: Should I Do This? by GboyegaD(m): 11:34pm On May 13, 2021
Are you pretending you don't know this is a fraudulent act?

1 Like

Re: Should I Do This? by GuyInTheMirror: 11:51pm On May 13, 2021
GboyegaD:
Are you pretending you don't know this is a fraudulent act?
grin 99% of Nigerians are fraudulent minded and lazy.
They deserve the kind of leaders they get.
Re: Should I Do This? by GboyegaD(m): 11:56pm On May 13, 2021
GuyInTheMirror:

grin 99% of Nigerians are fraudulent minded and lazy.
They deserve the kind of leaders they get.

It is amusing he was bothered about what he gets from the loot and not the act. It is difficult to advice such people.
Re: Should I Do This? by Bignuell(m): 10:01pm On May 14, 2021
Guy i beg you in the name of God, don't accept the offer. Your friend is a swindler. Well i know someone who got the same load but not with an outrageous percentage. That your frend won chop ontop your head. Let it slide bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See How Groom Shows Up At His Wedding In Designer Shirt And Trousers (video) / Can Life Get Any Worse? / Generally, Can Marriage Work? Yes Or No. Vote Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.