Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,443 members, 7,954,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:26 AM

Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? (580 Views)

I Need Assistance With This Code On Javascript / Companies Working On Javascript Framework / Good Book On Javascript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 14, 2021
For a newbie about to learn JS for front end; is it necessary to read a good js book for adequate understanding?
I have “Eloquent JavaScript” and “You don’t know JS”. I read widely that the latter isn’t really a good choice for beginners ; eloquent JS was more widely recommended.
Or should I follow my initial plans of just ploughing through w3schools and SoloLearn.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:38pm On May 14, 2021
Eloquent JavaScript is a good book Sha. The best thing is to just build stuff. That's the only way the knowledge sticks.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? by BelloP: 4:48pm On May 14, 2021
I use night data to download youtube video tutorial on javascript, then watch 2X speed a few times. High speed learning. Done it for many subjects
Re: Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 14, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Eloquent JavaScript is a good book Sha. The best thing is to just build stuff. That's the only way the knowledge sticks.
So don’t spend too much time just learning?
Like a month should be enough to finish the book then start building real projects?
Re: Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 14, 2021
BelloP:
I use night data to download youtube video tutorial on javascript, then watch 2X speed a few times. High speed learning. Done it for many subjects
So how good are you now?
Re: Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:56pm On May 14, 2021
Rgade:

So don’t spend too much time just learning?
Like a month should be enough to finish the book then start building real projects?
Time is dependent on the individual honestly. But a month should be enough.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? by BelloP: 4:58pm On May 14, 2021
Rgade:

So how good are you now?
My problem is focus. I do too many things at once
Re: Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? by parkervero(m): 5:07pm On May 14, 2021
As a java dev, I have a copy of this book on my laptop.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? by stanliwise(m): 7:47pm On May 14, 2021
Rgade:
For a newbie about to learn JS for front end; is it necessary to read a good js book for adequate understanding?
I have “Eloquent JavaScript” and “You don’t know JS”. I read widely that the latter isn’t really a good choice for beginners ; eloquent JS was more widely recommended.
Or should I follow my initial plans of just ploughing through w3schools and SoloLearn.
The fundamentals are the hardest part of becoming a programmer.
It is the only way you can truely master JavaScript.
You don’t know JS did Justice to it.
Another book is The Definitive guide

But....
Fundamentals could be so technical that you may never be done with them.
In such case you always keep learning them why you work with fancy libraries and framework. Soon enough you will begin to understand that those framework weren’t doing anything magical and the libraries weren’t what you need all the time.
Everything is a process.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? by Karleb(m): 5:17pm On May 15, 2021
It's necessary but it's not necessary to read it cover to cover.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? by qtguru(m): 8:55pm On May 15, 2021
Karleb:
It's necessary but it's not necessary to read it cover to cover.

This is a good advice

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Read A Book On Javascript? by Nobody: 2:45am On May 16, 2021
qtguru:

This is a good advice

Hi. I enjoyed reading your diary smiley

(1) (Reply)

Web Developer Needed To Edit A Laravel CMS Script / Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This / After Knowing Javascript, What's Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.