Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

I Need Linux CDs - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Linux CDs (3508 Views)

Get Free Fedora Linux Training, Cds, Flyers, T-shirts And More / Wazobia Linux: A New Nigerian Linux Distro! / Linux or Windows Operating System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Linux CDs by Bubus(m): 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2006
Linux program doesn't talk.
Gosh isn't english language a pre-requisite nowadays?
Re: I Need Linux CDs by mimohmi(m): 2:32am On Sep 19, 2006
@hayprof

Learning Linux as I said before could be fun, Linux is all about passion. I started with Redhat 6.0, those days
where you have to manually configure your x window system, any mistake, you monitor is history. To me,
I believe the Redhat version is the best place to start, there are lots of resources out there for everyone
for free. It's also one of the widely used, though this point is debatable. To install Linux, you need to
understand the various file systems involved, especially how to create you swap partition, it is just
setting a space on the hard drive which serves as extra memory, when your RAM is fully used, the
system moves some of the processes to the swap space, there by free you RAM for other high priority
processes,
You will also need to understand boot loader, LILO used to be the most popular loader for Linux, but
since GRUB came out, it's now what must users prefer, reasons i wouldn't know. The installation of all Linux
system these days is quite simple, most users, boot from CD ROM, there are wizards to guide you through the
process. Couple of questions are asked, you just fill in the answers as it apply to your system. Also,
there are different version of Linux for various brand of processors, for example, you will hear X86 and co,
these are just type of processor, you don't need to know the details, just know your processor type and
you are good to go. Sorry for making this post long, when you are ready, just post the stages you are
so that we can tackle it together as you progress. Happy sailling.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2006
Linux is fun challenging after months of installing it i still have some problems using it. i feel very limited as i cant do much like the tins i do on windows. like now i use a dialup connection my motorola l6 is my modem on linux red had 9.2 it shows it in hardware manager but in internet connection all i see is /tty and some other stuff i can't see any thing like motorola plz help.
Re: I Need Linux CDs by mimohmi(m): 1:08am On Sep 24, 2006
@adewaleafolabi

There is one nice thing I like about open source, that is sharing (Ubuntu - South African language), anything you
ever want to do, have been done by people, who are more advanced than you and I, so the key is always
do search on the net, you must surely get a clue to solving your problems. Or might just bump into the solution.
Back to your topic, check this link, hope it helps.
http://www.arachnoid.com/linux/linux_mobile_internet_access.html
Re: I Need Linux CDs by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:46am On Sep 24, 2006
thanks i found one called Kmobile tools but it works only for Ubuntu brezzy suse not for redhat plz i need ubuntu my version of linux is old and i have a slow connection and can't download it
Re: I Need Linux CDs by skima(m): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2006
i have 1 latest ubutu left to give out.

Gv me a call 08027924441,014817453.

skima
Re: I Need Linux CDs by Riza: 5:41am On Jun 02, 2008
i want cds
my address:
24/4,imam comaini road,
kattan kudy 2
sri lanka

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Help With My Hp Pavillion Dv9930ef Notebook. / Mint Dell E6430 For Sale / Squid Proxy Server Configuration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.