Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms (1120 Views)

Are You Aware You Can Study Abroad For Free?oya Watch This Video &thank Me Later / Seven English Words You Will Be Shocked To Know You’ve Been Using Wrongly / English Words You Have Been Using Wrongly As A Nigerian!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by Built2last: 11:55pm On May 29, 2021
See what this guy highlighted

Add your own. Let's go

1 Share

Re: Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by Built2last: 11:59pm On May 29, 2021
It's called diapers not Pampers
Detergent not Omo
Toothpaste not close or maclean
It's move out of the way, not shift
It's pasta not spaghetti or supergetti

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by samwash(m): 12:09am On May 30, 2021
seasoning not Maggi

In my office,the ladies will say "pls give me / borrow me your Pen"
I will say "pls say Biro not Pen" Cox I can't give you my Pen grin grin
Re: Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by chatinent: 12:38am On May 30, 2021
Ok o. Thanks
Re: Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by wiseword316(m): 8:02am On May 30, 2021
Abeg not abeggi�
Re: Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by Skyfornia(m): 10:03am On May 30, 2021
I'm only here to let you know that living room, sitting room and parlour are one and the same.
Re: Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by pearlmuyi(f): 10:24am On May 30, 2021
Skyfornia:
I'm only here to let you know that living room, sitting room and parlour are one and the same.
I do not agree to that as an interior designer...
A sitting room is different from a living room
A sitting room can be found in a living room because it's the small area that contains the chair you sit on (the sitting area) a living room consist of the sitting area as well as other areas such as the dinning area, the bar section or even game section...
Re: Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by Skyfornia(m): 10:29am On May 30, 2021
pearlmuyi:

I do not agree to that as an interior designer...
A sitting room is different from a living room
A sitting room can be found in a living room because it's the small area that contains the chair you sit on (the sitting area) a living room consist of the sitting area as well as other areas such as the dinning area, the bar section or even game section...

And all these other areas you mentioned..one will stand abi? angry shocked
Re: Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by KingTom(m): 11:45am On May 30, 2021
Built2last:
See what this guy highlighted

Add your own. Let's go
So that voice wey talk say "you call credit has been exhausted and your call terminated" na mumu too? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by Hintona(f): 12:39pm On May 30, 2021
Built2last:
Detergent not Omo

It can be spaghetti too

1 Like

Re: Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by Guynexttdoor: 2:14pm On May 30, 2021
Built2last:
Detergent not Omo
You got it wrong there spaghetti is still in use.
Re: Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by Karleb(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2021
KingTom:

So that voice wey talk say "you call credit has been exhausted and your call terminated" na mumu too? undecided

Oversabi dey worry our people.

Wait till somebody will tell you it is elevator and not lift.
Re: Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by etrange: 9:43pm On May 30, 2021
Built2last:
Detergent not Omo

There's nothing wrong with spaghetti. The term 'spaghetti' is not a brand. Any pasta that is in long and thin form is spaghetti.
Re: Are You Aware You Have Been Using These Wrong Terms by 1Alex: 10:30pm On May 30, 2021
CALL CREDIT IS ALSO CORRECT.

(1) (Reply)

Mention English Words Which Are The Same As Your Native Words. / What Is Wrong With Waec Nov/dec E-registration Site / Pls I Need Urgent Reply!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.