|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,797,304 members, 6,683,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 January 2022 at 09:16 AM
|NYSC Restructuring by saintneo(m): 1:32pm On May 02, 2011|
I have been thinking - NYSC restructuring.
Many would argue that NYSC has failed in its purpose. However, I think restructuring the scheme will make a better purpose. It has being over 30 years since NYSC came into being and I am yet to hear/read or witness any review apart from the monthly allowance.
If NYSC should be used as a tool of building a unified Nigeria as Gen. Gowon visualised, then:
1. It should be continually reviewed and appraised every three years.
2. The three weeks orientation camp is not enough training (in military sense), I propose a three month training in security, ammunition handling/usage and intelligence gathering.
3. The NYSC should be able to provide its own security in conjunction with the military. The NYSC members should take turns in securing their base.
4. The NYSC should be an extension of the military/paramilitary from which young officers can emerge.
5. The NYSC member should serve in two different geo-political zones within the year of service, four months in each geopolitical zone.
This might sound coo-coo to some peeps, idealistic to others peeps and a possible solution to others. Just drop in your ideas here.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22