Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Bad Child..help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bad Child..help (563 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Child..help by Engrgabi: 6:27am On Jul 08, 2021
I am the first son in the house, Graduated from a private uni in Ghana with a 3rd class. To cut my story short. Since I came back from Ghana with a 3rd class my parents see me as dummy, I just recently finished a pgd program, still waiting for the result.
To be sincere the past one year has been hell for me, got a lady pregnant( married but separated from her husband, divorced by law but still married according to our tradition, this is a little bit complicated"), last year December she gave birth to a girl. I tried my best to keep it away from my parents, the lady later told my parents without my consent.
The recent one that happened, I have being transferring money from my father's account to my account and detele the alert message, but like the saying " everyday for the thief one day for the owner. I have been out of my family house for weeks now, I only came back few days ago because I was down with severe malaria. I made a transfer from my father's phone and forgot to delete the email alert (9k, the amount is not the issue here but my act), popcy found out. Omo it was hell for me from 1am-6am different insults from my mother/ father. I have little relatives around and they both heard my parents shout, their voices were too loud that I am sure some neighbors were awake listening. I felt like digging my grave at that moment.
I am not trying to compare myself with other children, but I don't smoke, not a member of any cult group, done few yahoo stuffs but Right now is a little bit difficult for me concerning my Yahoo level, fornication yes but on a minimum level, I was recently doing bolt before the car had issues. I don't know if am really this bad or what I did was too bad that my parents had to unleash hellfire on me lastnight. I lost count of the

1 Like

Re: Bad Child..help by Engrgabi: 6:36am On Jul 08, 2021
I lost count of the number of times my dad called me a mumu, fool, dummy, waste of money..stuffs like that . I have never been this humiliated in my life. At 28 I am very worried that am still in my father's house obviously I wouldn't have done that transfer if i was not living with them. They told me not to go out anymore, no more friends , I should be sharing house chores with my younger relatives(13-16yrs old) living with us....omo I have alot to write. Right now I don't know what to do, this is my greatest fear, should I be the obedient child and stay back just to be the child my parents want me to be, stay at home and wait for my pgd result and possibly go for a masters( this I really want to do and I can still achieve without living with my parents). Please I would appreciate an advice from nairalanders, Ignore any grammatical error and focus on the message. Right now I am still in my room thinking, I can't even leave the room.
Re: Bad Child..help by GboyegaD(m): 6:43am On Jul 08, 2021
Stay back and use the time to reflect on what you want from life. Once you get things figured out, approach the one that you are sure is more emotional between your parents. Apologize for your deeds and explain what you intend doing. At this time, it is a case of he that is down need fear no fall.

1 Like

Re: Bad Child..help by Bola146(f): 6:44am On Jul 08, 2021
cry My dear, you are God's image, you are created to be great no matter the condition you are now. Please don't be bothered about what your father said, he wants the best for you, let those words ginger you to your greatness! Ask for his forgiveness! He still love you. You are just 28! read books, don't stay idle, take to someone who can listen to you, also be very prayerful! Amend your ways now, Jesus loves you! I wish you best of luck cool There are many goods helpers here that are willing to give you job, don't be ashamed, let them know, so that you can be a real man to take good care of yourself and your family.

3 Likes

Re: Bad Child..help by mutter(f): 6:46am On Jul 08, 2021
First of all you are not a bad child.
You are a child that has done some bad things... That too is a part of growing up and belongs to a healthy development.
What is important is that you grow out of these things and also that you realise they are wrong.
Getting a woman pregnant is not bad but stay away from married women. It spells big trouble.
Your parents have done some pretty bad things too! You don't under any circumstances call a child a failure. They should alway help you to stand up and grow.
Telling you to contribute in the house work is not necessarily wrong. Since you habe nothing doing but it should not be done to humiliate or frustrate you. Also restricting your movement at 28 is wierd.
Parents want their children to grow up but don't give them wings...
I would advise you to look for any job no matter what you find till you get your results and get a qualified job.
At the end of the day... It is catering for one's self that makes out a man.
Re: Bad Child..help by Dahunsipaul(m): 6:48am On Jul 08, 2021
Since you can achieve it without living with them, na the best option, Omo but your own level of yahoo high gan oo. But e no spoil, if you have option to leave, please do. Avoid See finish
Re: Bad Child..help by Engrgabi: 6:49am On Jul 08, 2021
mutter:
First of all you are not a bad child.
You are a child that has done some bad things... That too is a part of growing up and belongs to a healthy development.
What is important is that you grow out of these things and also that you realise they are wrong.
Getting a woman pregnant is not bad but stay away from married women. It spells big trouble.
Your parents have done some pretty bad things too! You don't under any circumstances call a child a failure. They should alway help you to stand up and grow.
Telling you to contribute in the house work is not necessarily wrong. Since you habe nothing doing but it should not be done to humiliate or frustrate you. Also restricting your movement at 28 is wierd.
Parents want their children to grow up but don't give them wings...
I would advise you to look for any job no matter what you find till you get your results and get a qualified job.
At the end of the day... It is catering for one's self that makes out a man.
Thanks !! I have applied for jobs, praying for a positive feedback ....
Re: Bad Child..help by pstemma1990: 6:52am On Jul 08, 2021
Like u rightly said, the amount wasn't the man issue, but the act.... So he has every right to shout, and u are only feeling remorseful because u were caught....... (Because according to u, this isn't ur first time doing it)

So relax, family is family, soon things would get back to normal.... Then as a man of 28 years, know what u want and go for it...

Lastly, u also need to drop that fornication for now, it has it's own consequences, even native doctor do advise that u don't go close to a woman when u need favor, then imagine if u a Christian, there's a mystery about sex that people don't know....

SHALOM...
Re: Bad Child..help by Edibles20: 6:54am On Jul 08, 2021
I think it would be better for you If you can afford to rent a house and stay on your own. Having responsibilities will make you responsible in a way. If you had responsibilities, you’d have done everything humanly possible to fix the car so you continue with the Bolt/Uber.

You should also apologize to your parents. Sit them down, have a talk with them, be sober. Acknowledge your lapses, let them know you’re trying to improve. Take responsibility for the result, tell them your plans for the masters. Frankly speaking your parents are just worried and they’re reacting that way. I am a parent too, I’d be worried with everything you’ve listed there. But cheer up, you’re not a bad child. You’re just a child doing bad things.
Re: Bad Child..help by Engrgabi: 7:02am On Jul 08, 2021
pstemma1990:
Like u rightly said, the amount wasn't the man issue, but the act.... So he has every right to shout, and u are only feeling remorseful because u were caught....... (Because according to u, this isn't ur first time doing it)

So relax, family is family, soon things would get back to normal.... Then as a man of 28 years, know what u want and go for it...

Lastly, u also need to drop that fornication for now, it has it's own consequences, even native doctor do advise that u don't go close to a woman when u need favor, then imagine if u a Christian, there's a mystery about sex that people don't know....

SHALOM...
fornication has really messed my life up, that was the 95% reason I had poor grades from the University. I was a bright student coming from secondary school and even the senior prefect when I was in secondary school.

1 Like

Re: Bad Child..help by pstemma1990: 7:14am On Jul 08, 2021
Engrgabi:
fornication has really messed my life up, that was the 95% reason I had poor grades from the University. I was a bright student coming from secondary school and even the senior prefect when I was in secondary school.
the good news is this, it's never too late to return to God, sometimes God allows some of these challenges to come in order for us to retrace our steps.....

Build a close relationship with God, study the Bible and meditate on it.... Churches these days have failed, most of thier preaching is only about tithes and offerings.....

But anytime u want to sincerely seek God, believe me he's there waiting for us....

Even if u should fall again along the line, it doesn't mean that u can't still make it, it's a process, so it takes time.... We all have our own challenges, but God is faithful.....

1 Like

Re: Bad Child..help by HRHQueenPhil(f): 12:26pm On Jul 08, 2021
Engrgabi:
I am the first son in the house, Graduated from a private uni in Ghana with a 3rd class. To cut my story short. Since I came back from Ghana with a 3rd class my parents see me as dummy, I just recently finished a pgd program, still waiting for the result.
To be sincere the past one year has been hell for me, got a lady pregnant( married but separated from her husband, divorced by law but still married according to our tradition, this is a little bit complicated"wink, last year December she gave birth to a girl. I tried my best to keep it away from my parents, the lady later told my parents without my consent.
The recent one that happened, I have being transferring money from my father's account to my account and detele the alert message, but like the saying " everyday for the thief one day for the owner. I have been out of my family house for weeks now, I only came back few days ago because I was down with severe malaria. I made a transfer from my father's phone and forgot to delete the email alert (9k, the amount is not the issue here but my act), popcy found out. Omo it was hell for me from 1am-6am different insults from my mother/ father. I have little relatives around and they both heard my parents shout, their voices were too loud that I am sure some neighbors were awake listening. I felt like digging my grave at that moment.
I am not trying to compare myself with other children, but I don't smoke, not a member of any cult group, done few yahoo stuffs but Right now is a little bit difficult for me concerning my Yahoo level, fornication yes but on a minimum level, I was recently doing bolt before the car had issues. I don't know if am really this bad or what I did was too bad that my parents had to unleash hellfire on me lastnight. I lost count of the

Listen to all apostle Joshua Selman messages on YouTube everyday and obey the instructions. Congratulations u will testify in this new month..u are not alone..never steal again or fornicate..
Re: Bad Child..help by Karleb(m): 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
If you are staying idle with your parent for so long especially after graduation, you are in trouble. Unless you parents are angels themselves or you are the only child, they will give you problems.

You went to Ghana and brought 3rd class home. First sin. You impregnated a divorce. Second sin. You steal your Dad's money. 3rd sin. grin

My advice is, you leave that house if you have a place you can manage and come home like once or twice a week.

Absence creates a form of power.
Re: Bad Child..help by The5DME(m): 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2021
Karleb:
If you are staying idle with your parent for so long especially after graduation, you are in trouble. Unless you parents are angels themselves or you are the only child, they will give you problems.

You went to Ghana and brought 3rd class home. First sin. You impregnated a divorce. Second sin. You steal your Dad's money. 3rd sin. grin

My advice is, you leave that house if you have a place you can manage and come home like once or twice a week.

Absence creates a form of power.
and limits "see-finish".

1 Like

Re: Bad Child..help by Jacksparrow7(m): 2:03pm On Jul 08, 2021
Good afternoon to everyone on this thread both male and female.

Please I am on an errand going to buy bread from the market. But I don't know what to say when I get there. Please can somebody put the words in my mouth on what to say... Please I don't want to make an enemy with any trader as some at any mistake could disgrace someone

Can anyone hear me?
Re: Bad Child..help by mardis: 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2021
It is one thing to commit an offence and it is another thing to be remorseful. I can feel you parents pain. You will understand their pain when you get married and have children. So i will advice you seek for your parents forgiveness and that of God too for all those terrible things you did in the past. And most importantly CHANGE, CHANGE for the best. Prove to them that you are wonderful and will make them proud. For now, just obey them in everyway whilst you try and find something tangible and legit to do.

Don't worry all will be well.

(1) (Reply)

Is IVF The Only Way Out??? (A Must Read) / My 20 Days Of Consistent Exercise Anniversary / How An Igbo Military Man Assisted Me Along Abuja Kaduna Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.