Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Programming Tutor Needed - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Tutor Needed (2188 Views)

Java Script Programming Tutor Needed / Programming Tutor / For Those Of You Interested In Private Computer Programming Tutor? (Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming Tutor Needed by Dvea(f): 3:11pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hello Nairalanders, I'm interested in learning about programming but I work so I cant exactly make it to regular computer schools.

I need someone who is an expert in programming languages python, C, C++, Ruby, Java and more. And also knowledgeable in back and front end programming. I am willing to learn and of course pay for it. It'll be an online thing so zoom or whatsapp and such will do.

Other option is if you know any school with a part time program for these lessons. But I'm around Iyana Ipaja so the school has to be near by.

If you have any info or you can teach it properly please just reply to this with your rate and speculated time it would take to complete a full out course on programming.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by pjmoa(m): 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2021
Dvea:
Hello Nairalanders, I'm interested in learning about programming but I work so I cant exactly make it to regular computer schools.

I need someone who is an expert in programming languages python, C, C++, Ruby, Java and more. And also knowledgeable in back and front end programming. I am willing to learn and of course pay for it. It'll be an online thing so zoom or whatsapp and such will do.

Other option is if you know any school with a part time program for these lessons. But I'm around Iyana Ipaja so the school has to be near by.

If you have any info or you can teach it properly please just reply to this with your rate and speculated time it would take to complete a full out course on programming.

Thanks in advance.

Programming is a good skill to learn
I am available to teach you
You can send me a message on
+2347089829524
Whatsapp only
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by evenom(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2021
I can help you with that, I'm usually at Iyana Ipaja during holidays. I majorly use python and do development in it with Django so I can also teach you web development with Django as the backend...you'll also learn how to use git and Linux operating system if you're interested.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Dvea(f): 10:45am On Jul 15, 2021
evenom:
I can help you with that, I'm usually at Iyana Ipaja during holidays. I majorly use python and do development in it with Django so I can also teach you web development with Django as the backend...you'll also learn how to use git and Linux operating system if you're interested.

Could you drop your line so we can talk.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by EvilSec: 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
You must be really smart to want to learn and be proficient in 7+ programming languages by just "taking zoom/whatsapp lessons".

5 Likes

Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
Dvea:

Thanks in advance.
Ms.,
Do not waste your money on a teacher at this stage. Go for youtube lessons. Pick a language first. Do not rush everything.

After you have the basis, and you have practised a bit, you may then look for someone (you can pay) who you will drill with questions. You can then go on zoom. For example, you have a project, you tell the person ...."see eh...I have learned X language...and I want to do this project, I want you as standby to guide me in the ways to achieve it". You may even compile 3 projects for the person to navigate you through. So, you write and he/she debugs with you. This is the best way you should learn.

If you pay someone now, I think the person will just download "La Cram, La pour". The person may not even be good. Lol. If it's on whatsapp , the person will just copy and paste. Lol.

The best way is that you "crack your brain first". As in, stretch your brain to the point you sef know that...no, I cannot get this thing further by myself, but you already have enough questions, not that you be JJC.

But as long as you are getting it, do not pay anyone. If you learn and you see that you are getting it, continue. Everything you need is online. Even you think that you will not easily get it by yourself. Go for videos. Just watch and keep taking notes. Watch the lessons till the end. Then, try something. If you need help, come here and ask. Paying now is wasting money.

Again, look at the future of what you want to do, and pick a language first.

Goodluck!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programming Tutor Needed by AkinseteK(m): 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
Dvea:

Thanks in advance.

I can train you on a one on one training on web development, software development etc. You can call or whatsapp me on 08034089466 for more discussion
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Dvea(f): 7:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Ms.,
Do not waste your money on a teacher at this stage. Go for youtube lessons. Pick a language first. Do not rush everything.

After you have the basis, and you have practised a bit, you may then look for someone (you can pay) who you will drill with questions. You can then go on zoom. For example, you have a project, you tell the person ...."see eh...I have learned X language...and I want to do this project, I want you as standby to guide me in the ways to achieve it". You may even compile 3 projects for the person to navigate you through. So, you write and he/she debugs with you. This is the best way you should learn.

If you pay someone now, I think the person will just download "La Cram, La pour". The person may not even be good. Lol. If it's on whatsapp , the person will just copy and paste. Lol.

The best way is that you "crack your brain first". As in, stretch your brain to the point you sef know that...no, I cannot get this thing further by myself, but you already have enough questions, not that you be JJC.

But as long as you are getting it, do not pay anyone. If you learn and you see that you are getting it, continue. Everything you need is online. Even you think that you will not easily get it by yourself. Go for videos. Just watch and keep taking notes. Watch the lessons till the end. Then, try something. If you need help, come here and ask. Paying now is wasting money.

Goodluck!

Thanks a lot for this. I was only looking for a coach cause I have a busy schedule and was hoping a schedule plan from a professional school will be more effective than me just studying myself. But thanks will consider your point.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Dvea(f): 7:37pm On Jul 15, 2021
EvilSec:
You must be really smart to want to learn and be proficient in 7+ programming languages by just "taking zoom/whatsapp lessons".

No, I'm not and I'm not hoping to learn all at once. But I just prefer to have a coach for the long run. And I'm a very ambitious person, so I tend to want to get a full grasp of things, even if I know I wont get all. The motivation and intrigue for me is enough.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Dvea(f): 7:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Ms.,

Goodluck!

In your opinion where should I start from if my goal is to be a back end programmer?
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2021
Dvea:

Thanks a lot for this. I was only looking for a coach cause I have a busy schedule and was hoping a schedule plan from a professional school will be more effective than me just studying myself. But thanks will consider your point.
I understand it is because of your busy schedule you want a teacher. It was the reason i recommmeded visual learning - videos. Your teacher will also use visual. It is like when you were in school and you read ahead of class. You grab it more, and you ask meaningful questions. You make use of your money eventually you get a teacher. The road is broad. So, when you get a teacher now, he moves here and there while teaching you cos you dont know what you want uet, and a non skillful teacher can escape with teaching you nothing cos you know nothing. But after you have tasked your brain, you can even know how to scout for the right person for the job instead of just accepting anyone cos you know nothing. Trust me, this is the best path. It is a secret I learned years ago.

Dvea:

In your opinion where should I start from if my goal is to be a back end programmer?
I had an exchange of posts with a guy from accounting background who wants to cross to IT this morning. We both agreed that the right path is to do something relating to accounting cos he is skillful there already.

You need to ask yourself a question: what problems do I want to solve? Cos you learn codes to solve problems. And the best place to start is solving problems in your career or areas you are skillful. Or areas you have huge interest in and you have identified problems.

Back to your questions, you can use virtually all the languages for backend- python, Java, C, C#, C++, Ruby, Javascript, and many more. While Java and Python ar versatility languages, C and C++ are close to machine language and are extremely fast to process. Then, you have the nice Javascript which is another all rounder esp for web development. It may be confusing, but I will help you here. Answer the following questions:

1. What is/are your program(s) of study in college/uni?
2. Which industry do you work? What is your career path?
3. What problems have you identified in 2 above that professionals or customers in the industry face?
4. Do you have a special interest in a particular area which is not close to your career? If yes, explain.
5. What excites you in life?
6. Which subjects in school or topics in real life you dont gaet bored with? You just love doing/discussing it/them.
7. Do you need a fast job asap cos you are trying to survive and it is why you have decided to learn coding? I mean that you need the job right now to kill hunger (not necessarily mean you are hungry....but you just need to get into side hustling cos you it seems you cannot even wait for 3 months to quit your present job.
8. If 7 above is yes, no need to answer this. But if it is no, then, can you survive for like 6 to 1 year or more with your present financial status so that you learn something you are really passionate about?

Note: if you just want to survive, you may need to do what you dont really enjoy much to just get cash and then do what you are passionate about later. Cos if you dont have cash, you will lose interest in coding. But if you can still survive, it is better you go for what you are passionate about so you can enjoy it and not leave it half way.

Send your answers and I can advise you better.

1 Like

Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Dvea(f): 9:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

I understand it is because of your busy schedule you want a teacher. It was the reason i recommmeded visual learning - videos. Your teacher will also use visual. It is like when you were in school and you read ahead of class. You grab it more, and you ask meaningful questions. You make use of your money eventually you get a teacher. The road is broad. So, when you get a teacher now, he moves here and there while teaching you cos you dont know what you want uet, and a non skillful teacher can escape with teaching you nothing cos you know nothing. But after you have tasked your brain, you can even know how to scout for the right person for the job instead of just accepting anyone cos you know nothing. Trust me, this is the best path. It is a secret I learned years ago.

I had an exchange of posts with a guy from accounting background who wants to cross to IT this morning. We both agreed that the right path is to do something relating to accounting cos he is skillful there already.

You need to ask yourself a question: what problems do I want to solve? Cos you learn codes to solve problems. And the best place to start is solving problems in your career or areas you are skillful. Or areas you have huge interest in and you have identified problems.

Back to your questions, you can use virtually all the languages for backend- python, Java, C, C#, C++, Ruby, Javascript, and many more. While Java and Python ar versatility languages, C and C++ are close to machine language and are extremely fast to process. Then, you have the nice Javascript which is another all rounder esp for web development. It may be confusing, but I will help you here. Answer the following questions:

3. What problems have you identified in 2 above that professionals or customers in the industry face?
4. Do you have a special interest in a particular area which is not close to your career? If yes, explain.
6. Which subjects in school or topics in real life you dont gaet bored with? You just love doing/discussing it/them.
7. Do you need a fast job asap cos you are trying to survive and it is why you have decided to learn coding? I mean that you need the job right now to kill hunger (not necessarily mean you are hungry....but you just need to get into side hustling cos you it seems you cannot even wait for 3 months to quit your present job.
8. If 7 above is yes, no need to answer this. But if it is no, then, can you survive for like 6 to 1 year or more with your present financial status so that you learn something you are really passionate about?

Note: if you just want to survive, you may need to do what you dont really enjoy much to just get cash and then do what you are passionate about later. Cos if you dont have cash, you will lose interest in coding. But if you can still survive, it is better you go for what you are passionate about so you can enjoy it and not leave it half way.

Your questions are broad but I'll try to answer

1. I haven't gone to the university yet.
2. I'm a content writer. Been so for about 3 years
3. I'm not looking to code to particularly solve one problem. I'll explain further later
4. My interest really wont have so much to do with my need to learn coding. But to answer this, I'm aiming to be a psychologist. It's career path I hope to take later.
5. Independence. Being able to create a dynamic business for me. Again I'll explain later.
6. I'm more of a problem solver in terms of every day issues. Not motivation but I enjoy listening to issues from ground up and finding solutions to it. I'll give an instance. Yesterday a friend posted on whatsapp that he had a misunderstanding with most of his female course mates. Nd for the next 30 minutes I drilled out every info I could about the issue, broke down the problem, offered solutions, and counter solutions until we came to a conclusion. That's me. I'm interested in solving human to human issues and understanding why they originated in the first place.

7. No I'm not looking for a quick paying gig. But I'm looking for a long term skill that can lead me to the independence I need. I learned content writing, now I'm interested in coding, my next goal is trading, and then learning foreign languages. My goal again is building up a skill set that makes me almost indispensable and knowledgeable to build a service providing firm fitting for the modern day world. My current job is paying the bills, so there is no hurry, but my schedule is packed, so I need a more stiff structure that can teach me in as reasonable an amount of time as possible. I chose back end programming for it's high demand, yes. But I also researched enough to know that learning things like designing, photoshop and such isn't my biggest suit so front end programming is not as appealing.

And you are right, going for your passion is good bit even Warren Buffet said that sometimes it is important to do what you dont want now to get what you want in the future. I'm in my early 20's so I think it's the right time for me to build my skill set.

1 Like

Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Nobody: 3:17am On Jul 16, 2021
Dvea:

Your questions are broad but I'll try to answer

1. I haven't gone to the university yet.
2. I'm a content writer. Been so for about 3 years
3. I'm not looking to code to particularly solve one problem. I'll explain further later
4. My interest really wont have so much to do with my need to learn coding. But to answer this, I'm aiming to be a psychologist. It's career path I hope to take later.
5. Independence. Being able to create a dynamic business for me. Again I'll explain later.
6. I'm more of a problem solver in terms of every day issues. Not motivation but I enjoy listening to issues from ground up and finding solutions to it. I'll give an instance. Yesterday a friend posted on whatsapp that he had a misunderstanding with most of his female course mates. Nd for the next 30 minutes I drilled out every info I could about the issue, broke down the problem, offered solutions, and counter solutions until we came to a conclusion. That's me. I'm interested in solving human to human issues and understanding why they originated in the first place.

7. No I'm not looking for a quick paying gig. But I'm looking for a long term skill that can lead me to the independence I need. I learned content writing, now I'm interested in coding, my next goal is trading, and then learning foreign languages. My goal again is building up a skill set that makes me almost indispensable and knowledgeable to build a service providing firm fitting for the modern day world. My current job is paying the bills, so there is no hurry, but my schedule is packed, so I need a more stiff structure that can teach me in as reasonable an amount of time as possible. I chose back end programming for it's high demand, yes. But I also researched enough to know that learning things like designing, photoshop and such isn't my biggest suit so front end programming is not as appealing.

And you are right, going for your passion is good bit even Warren Buffet said that sometimes it is important to do what you dont want now to get what you want in the future. I'm in my early 20's so I think it's the right time for me to build my skill set.
Buffet is right. Lol. And you gat exactly what I was trying to tell you. Yep, at times go for hustling in areas you arent interested to get to where you want to be.

In your case, you dont want hustling, you can wait, but you want a life solving tools. What you need is a back end versatile program. You have mentioned many things:
Trading: Mathlab for finance and trading, C# & Python for retail trading, C++ for high level frequency trading, Javascript for web based trading. I trade too, and I am more of quantitative (statistics) trader. The easiest which programmers use is Python. Though, C++ is very good too for it. But Spicy and Pandas in Python are extremely useful in this area. Then, you also can start thinking of writing auto trading programs for your style.

Content Writing: I am a content writer too, and Python is extremely useful for automating boring SEO tasks by leveraging APIs, extracting data and implementing machine learning algorithms. Yeah, you can deploy Java and C++ too. Javascript has so much to offer here too.

Foreign Languages: I speak an EU language, though I want to improve my skill more as I have used it last a long time ago. I am thinking of learning Mandarin soon too. In this area, I really dont need coding, but who knows what I may think of soon?

Anyway I have highlighted the main sentence which summarizes your need - to solve human to human issues. Listen to me, if you want to study human issues, you want to start building things which think and operate like humans. This is Artificial Intelligence. And it is exactly what I am into. It is a broad area. Like you said, you sat down with your friend and you drilled out info. Meaning that you talked to him, created or collected information, or repetitive and non repetitive behaviourial acts (data) from your discussion, and then you processed it to get a solution. The aspect of IT which deals with data for what you described is called data science. You got a pattern of behavior (data) from his/her history, and then you put it into action so as to predict a future you want to achieve. You projected the kind of future behavior (data) which will come in, and you have given him/her instructions on how to achieve them. The same way, you will get data and predict the future you expect (data science) for other areas (marketing, telecoms, health, social issues, languages, dispute resolution, sports, trading, politics, campaigns, national securities or ordinary securities, finance, science, art, ...just name the field), and then, you use Artificial Intelligence to instruction how the data is processed just like human. This is my area and what I am presently working with a few people.

The languages for what I have described above are mainly: Python, Java, C++. The fastest to run is C++ but can be tasking cos of too long codes and lesser libraries (you get to understand this later), and Java too can be deployed. But the easiest with good libraries is Python. It is one of the easiest and most versatile language. This is what almost all programmers use for AI. In my opinion, this is what you should start with and then, you can think of moving into Java Script, Java or C++ later by the time you understand it well. Python alone may be enough for you since you want to go into health and social life related course.

Do not just rush to pick it up. Research everything I have told you here, and if you want to pick Pytjon, let me know. I will tell you the steps to take.

In fact, I may create a thread to navigate people who may be interested in Python very soon.

https://www.nairaland.com/6616892/steering-wheel-tech-startups-nigeria
Check this thread of mine, but ignore those clowns I rubbished there. Lol.

Goodluck!
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 16, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Whoever you are. May the what you believe in bless you without limitation.

1 Like

Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 17, 2021
SageX1444:
Whoever you are. May the what you believe in bless you without limitation.
Amen!

1 Like

Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
Dvea:

No, I'm not and I'm not hoping to learn all at once. But I just prefer to have a coach for the long run. And I'm a very ambitious person, so I tend to want to get a full grasp of things, even if I know I wont get all. The motivation and intrigue for me is enough.

Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Temmylee01(m): 9:43am On Jul 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Amen!
bro I don't know you but thanks for enlightened me too, you answer some of my bothering questions. For someone like me, I'm a site worker you knw I collect contract and ditched it out untill bubu came on board with his wahala....my friends has been advising me I should either learn programming or graphics design so I did some searching, I will love to do programming have always have it in mind of creating my own forum like e:g Facebook, WhatsApp,nairaland and twitter I know I can work on that along the line while am still using my programming to earn. My own question is

1: What or which language should I start with?
2: Do I need to stream videos online before I go for one on one tutorial like you mention above?
3: If am to stream online what will I be looking for cuz I don't want to learn just to be called a programmer, I want to be the best among the best programmers.
4: my area is working on website, maintenance ,writing new code and like I say I would like to create my own forum in the future. My brother did it talking about Mr seun osewa (we're not related ooh).
Thanks as I kindly await your reply and before I forget I'm still a JJC on this matter don't even know where to begin from.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
Temmylee01:
bro I don't know you but thanks for enlightened me too, you answer some of my bothering questions. For someone like me, I'm a site worker you knw I collect contract and ditched it out untill bubu came on board with his wahala....my friends has been advising me I should either learn programming or graphics design so I did some searching, I will love to do programming have always have it in mind of creating my own forum like e:g Facebook, WhatsApp,nairaland and twitter I know I can work on that along the line while am still using my programming to earn. My own question is

1: What or which language should I start with?
You should do a language related to your interest.

2: Do I need to stream videos online before I go for one on one tutorial like you mention above?
If you are a "book" person, pick books. And if you are the person who must listen to a teacher, pick video. But I think you should watch video first and then use a book if you want to. But videos are always good for first attempt. But good books contain deeper secrets.

3: If am to stream online what will I be looking for cuz I don't want to learn just to be called a programmer, I want to be the best among the best programmers.
From my experience, you dont need to be the best programmer to do well. Ok. Cant you see that there are many programmers these days than we have in 2000 to 2015? The new google search algorithm is so powerful (by the way this is the work of AI) that there are so many google programmers. And I have met guys who use google to help themselves build mighty stuff. My point is that it is OK to aspire high, but it is not about knowing coding only, but using it to do a great thing. Instead of being the best programmer, create the best product out there with your skill. And see...you may just need to be good (and not the best of the best) to bring people together to create a magnificent stuff. I am saying this cos you said you want to build something. If you are looking for a job, I would have said ok...be the "baddest" programmer.

4: my area is working on website, maintenance ,writing new code and like I say I would like to create my own forum in the future. My brother did it talking about Mr seun osewa (we're not related ooh).
Thanks as I kindly await your reply and before I forget I'm still a JJC on this matter don't even know where to begin from.
Lol. Yo mentioned Facebook, Twitter, Nairaland and Twitter. Bro, the truth is that you cannot beat them all with the same technology they use to create that stuff. For example, yahoo, MSN, and AOL were gods in search engines, emails, and bla bla bla in early 90s. It was just impossible to beat them. But what happened. Google came with different stuff for its search engines. They innovated and killed these 3 giants. And look at how google has been innovating. Guess what? Google is advancing further also...buying techs so people will not overtake them.

Ok, on the hand, look at how google lost a huge share of paid banner ads to facebook. That's another tech FB used. It used to be adsense in those days and blogs wanted to kill themselves on adsense. If your adsense ads is suspended, you are in deep wahala. Even Nairaland suffered it too. But businesses changed the moment face book took that huge market share from google, everyone's eyes opened. Nairaland too woke up and started it's too. Lol.

On nairaland, I will make a post on it in my personal thread.

Take note of the following:
Front End: That's what you see as a user of the site. Graphics, letterings and some other stuff.

Back end: what administrators, database experts, the owners, and experts work on. All the stuff users input and all operations behind the scene.

Database: always at backend, but it is a function on it's own. Where everything users input are stored. And how the whole concept work.

I will give you the languages the 3 giants you mentioned uses except for Nairaland cos I dont really know, and the owner has not talked extensively about what he uses and I dont want to guess. Its not a crime he isn't opened about it. Maybe if you contact him, he may answer you or may even answer you here. I have read some of his replies where he was opened about them.

Facebook:
Front end: JavaScript and Flow
Back end: Hack, PHP (HHVM), Python, C++, Java, Erlang, D, XHP,Haskell
Database: MariaDB, MySQL, HBase, Cassandra

Twitter:
Frontend: Javascript
Backend: C++, Java, Scala, Ruby
Database: MySQL

Whatsapp: Erlang.
About WhatsApp, I am not sure what FB is using with Erlang now. I really dont know the details except I research it. But whatsapp is another different ball game cos it's a mobile app.

Now, you really need to sit down and decide. Do you want to start with doing something for:

1. Websites (front end, backend, database)
2. Mobile (Android or Iphone).

For Websites:
I have explained the three terms. And doing them altogether ...it is called "full stack". But you can choose one or two from it.

And for mobile devices, there is Java (though there are other ones used but mainly Java) for Android, and Swift for iPhone. Meaning that you should know the two if you want to develop for mobile devices, or know one, and after building that for the one you choose, employ someone else to build the other using your flowchart.

Can you see that it is really broad and really confusing at the start. So, here is what majority do:

1. Look at front end. Javascript is common. And even used in backend too. So, it's a good start if you want to go into websites related stuff.

2. Look at this versatile language - Java. It can be used for backend, and even for mobile android. It's used even in advance stuff like robotics. It is one of the most versatile and widely used languages for technical object oriented language related tasks.

What I need you do is to really understand the following: front end, back end, database. I believe you understand android and iOS apps. Then, pick an area and pick a related program.

And finally, there is Python. Very versatile and easy to learn compared to the rest. If you want to hustle and make fast money, Javascript maybe the first and then PHP, html...bla bla bla. Please, sit down and research all the areas I have listed above before you make your decision.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by manhaley5: 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
Good information on this thread.
One big challenge I have is studying. I tried learning python but just couldn't concentrate.
This is working against me.
I have involved myself in publishing and combining it with programming is one hell of a task to me.
My junior brother is good at back-end can do front end too.
I think my problem is concentration, I just can't do it.
Like the OP said, she needed a skill, she is already a content writer which I tried and couldn't grasp it.
I will try python again pretty soon.
Although I can set up a wordpress site and do some debugging which my code brother couldn't, I don't have explanations to why they happened, no background to the problem so if a question is thrown at me, it would be difficult to answer.
But I always dig to get solution when I desire though it may take time.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
manhaley5:
Good information on this thread.
One big challenge I have is studying. I tried learning python but just couldn't concentrate.
This is working against me.
I have involved myself in publishing and combining it with programming is one hell of a task to me.
My junior brother is good at back-end can do front end too.
I think my problem is concentration, I just can't do it.
Like the OP said, she needed a skill, she is already a content writer which I tried and couldn't grasp it.
I will try python again pretty soon.
Although I can set up a wordpress site and do some debugging which my code brother couldn't, I don't have explanations to why they happened, no background to the problem so if a question is thrown at me, it would be difficult to answer.
But I always dig to get solution when I desire though it may take time.

You may want to pick up the book: "Learning how to learn" by Barbara Oakley. That is an amazing woman who hated numbers but went ahead to become a prof of System Engineering after having degrees in Electrical. Engineering as a BSc. Very motivating. She first went for Bachelor in Russian Language and entered the US army. After some time, she was posted to where she had to start using her real enemies, chemistry, physics and maths. She had to leave the US army. She vexed and enter BSc Engineering again. It was tough for here.

If you dont have, I can send you a copy. That's an amazing material which can teach you how to learn extremely hard materials.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by manhaley5: 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

You may want to pick up the book: "Learning how to learn" by Barbara Oakley. That is an amazing woman who hated numbers but went ahead to become a prof of System Engineering after having degrees in Electrical. Engineering as a BSc. Very motivating. She first went for Bachelor in Russian Language and entered the US army. After some time, she was posted to where she had to start using her real enemies, chemistry, physics and maths. She had to leave the US army. She vexed and enter BSc Engineering again. It was tough for here.

If you dont have, I can send you a copy. That's an amazing material which can teach you how to learn extremely hard materials.
I will be pleased to have it if in soft copy.
Thank you.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by BRIGHT180(m): 7:51am On Jul 20, 2021
You are likely about to be caught up in the "learners trap" rather than try to learn every programming language out there
pick a problem you will like to solve or in the broader sense a field you want to specialize
Then learn the software(s) (in the direction of the the problem to be solved) needed to solve that problem
The learn how to monetize that skill

so don't jump into any class until you can say I want to learn e.g data analytics, machine learning, web design etc
my two cent
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Temmylee01(m): 8:26am On Jul 21, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

You should do a language related to your interest.

If you are a "book" person, pick books. And if you are the person who must listen to a teacher, pick video. But I think you should watch video first and then use a book if you want to. But videos are always good for first attempt. But good books contain deeper secrets.

From my experience, you dont need to be the best programmer to do well. Ok. Cant you see that there are many programmers these days than we have in 2000 to 2015? The new google search algorithm is so powerful (by the way this is the work of AI) that there are so many google programmers. And I have met guys who use google to help themselves build mighty stuff. My point is that it is OK to aspire high, but it is not about knowing coding only, but using it to do a great thing. Instead of being the best programmer, create the best product out there with your skill. And see...you may just need to be good (and not the best of the best) to bring people together to create a magnificent stuff. I am saying this cos you said you want to build something. If you are looking for a job, I would have said ok...be the "baddest" programmer.

Lol. Yo mentioned Facebook, Twitter, Nairaland and Twitter. Bro, the truth is that you cannot beat them all with the same technology they use to create that stuff. For example, yahoo, MSN, and AOL were gods in search engines, emails, and bla bla bla in early 90s. It was just impossible to beat them. But what happened. Google came with different stuff for its search engines. They innovated and killed these 3 giants. And look at how google has been innovating. Guess what? Google is advancing further also...buying techs so people will not overtake them.

Ok, on the hand, look at how google lost a huge share of paid banner ads to facebook. That's another tech FB used. It used to be adsense in those days and blogs wanted to kill themselves on adsense. If your adsense ads is suspended, you are in deep wahala. Even Nairaland suffered it too. But businesses changed the moment face book took that huge market share from google, everyone's eyes opened. Nairaland too woke up and started it's too. Lol.

On nairaland, I will make a post on it in my personal thread.

Take note of the following:
Front End: That's what you see as a user of the site. Graphics, letterings and some other stuff.

Back end: what administrators, database experts, the owners, and experts work on. All the stuff users input and all operations behind the scene.

Database: always at backend, but it is a function on it's own. Where everything users input are stored. And how the whole concept work.

I will give you the languages the 3 giants you mentioned uses except for Nairaland cos I dont really know, and the owner has not talked extensively about what he uses and I dont want to guess. Its not a crime he isn't opened about it. Maybe if you contact him, he may answer you or may even answer you here. I have read some of his replies where he was opened about them.

Facebook:
Front end: JavaScript and Flow
Back end: Hack, PHP (HHVM), Python, C++, Java, Erlang, D, XHP,Haskell
Database: MariaDB, MySQL, HBase, Cassandra

Twitter:
Frontend: Javascript
Backend: C++, Java, Scala, Ruby
Database: MySQL

Whatsapp: Erlang.
About WhatsApp, I am not sure what FB is using with Erlang now. I really dont know the details except I research it. But whatsapp is another different ball game cos it's a mobile app.

Now, you really need to sit down and decide. Do you want to start with doing something for:

1. Websites (front end, backend, database)
2. Mobile (Android or Iphone).

For Websites:
I have explained the three terms. And doing them altogether ...it is called "full stack". But you can choose one or two from it.

And for mobile devices, there is Java (though there are other ones used but mainly Java) for Android, and Swift for iPhone. Meaning that you should know the two if you want to develop for mobile devices, or know one, and after building that for the one you choose, employ someone else to build the other using your flowchart.

Can you see that it is really broad and really confusing at the start. So, here is what majority do:

1. Look at front end. Javascript is common. And even used in backend too. So, it's a good start if you want to go into websites related stuff.

2. Look at this versatile language - Java. It can be used for backend, and even for mobile android. It's used even in advance stuff like robotics. It is one of the most versatile and widely used languages for technical object oriented language related tasks.

What I need you do is to really understand the following: front end, back end, database. I believe you understand android and iOS apps. Then, pick an area and pick a related program.

And finally, there is Python. Very versatile and easy to learn compared to the rest. If you want to hustle and make fast money, Javascript maybe the first and then PHP, html...bla bla bla. Please, sit down and research all the areas I have listed above before you make your decision.
thanks for having me time, I really appreciate your input.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
All this one na long talk. As a developer i don't see the need for the long epistle. Oga abi madam, if you want to learn quick, in your early days, you will need a teacher. If you decide to do it by yourself like me, you will waste atleast six months running around in circles before you understand what you are doing.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2021
GrantIkenna:
All this one na long talk. As a developer i don't see the need for the long epistle. Oga abi madam, if you want to learn quick, in your early days, you will need a teacher. If you decide to do it by yourself like me, you will waste atleast six months running around in circles before you understand what you are doing.
Six months is enough for anyone to be Employable as a junior developer with extreme seriousness.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 21, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Six months is enough for anyone to be Employable as a junior developer with extreme seriousness.
You dont need to reply him. He has just shown his level. He is not just a self study person, but someone who must have a teacher to teach him everything. That's just the person he is. I think he is a real slow learner, and it's ok. But the kind of boldness he has that he is using himself as the standard baffles me. A slow learner!!! This is why i keep saying Nigerian programmers are reckless and confusionists. I dont mean to disrespect anyone, human capital in this area needs to be educated to start behaving well. That kind person will just give one rush work. He has shown to be not detailed at all.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 22, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

I spent that time learning PHP, Java, C#, and C. Ran around trying alot until i settled for C. Junior dev yes maybe in web or mobile.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by jikins(m): 7:16am On Jul 22, 2021
GrantIkenna:

It took me that same 6 months to get my first gig funny enough it wasn't on frontend web development I learnt for most of those months it was on node.js that I started few weeks prior. Before you start learning something do research. So you don't end up spending months going in circles. Hence the long talk.
Re: Programming Tutor Needed by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:41am On Jul 22, 2021
jikins:

It took me that same 6 months to get my first gig funny enough it wasn't on frontend web development I learnt for most of those months it was on node.js that I started few weeks prior. Before you start learning something do research. So you don't end up spending months going in circles. Hence the long talk.
Gbam six months is actually the standard if you are serious and yes you are right about doing research. Many don't research. How can a Nigerian be doing C. I hope he would have made a game or an operating system to show on his portfolio to be able to get a job.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Implementing Cut, Copy And Paste In A Jtextarea Of A Java Applet / VOTE: Seun Add Direct Message To Nairaland / Paid Internship For Young Programmers And Developers - Wordpress, PHP Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.