Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Shadow - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadow (258 Views)

Flash Fiction: Shadow Of A Ninja III / The Shadow Of A Known Past / The Shadow Of Her Choirmaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shadow by Jack273: 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2021
Chapter one:
Joe

I've always felt invisible. Growing up, I was the kid no one wanted to play with. Although I spent most of my childhood outside my neighborhood around other kids my age, I never got what others call a best friend. Truth be told I don't have any friends. I barely talk with people and most have come to terms with that.

There's this one person though who won't leave me be. Right from when we met, she has attached herself to me. Some people even believe we are best friends but I think she just hangs around me because she's an only child. I on the other hand have two sisters, Chloe who is about the same age as her, and May who is four.

I don't mind being on my own even though sometimes I do feel like talking. But it's all good as everything is about to change.

Sam

As I walked into the class that day, I didn't know what I was doing. We've just moved from the countryside to the city. I have never seen that much students in one class before. I looked for an empty seat but there was non. That was what I thought because I did not see the empty seat at the extreme end of the class. I wasn't wearing my glasses that day so I couldn't see well.

I know what you're probably thinking, why wasn't I wearing my glasses if I can't see without them? The thing is I can see fine most of the time, I only need them to see very far. In my previous school, I sat at the front so I never really needed to use them.

The teacher pointed out the chair and I reluctantly walked to it. As I took my seat, he turned to me and said something I didn't hear at first. Sometimes I get lost in thought and tune people out.

"Excuse me miss, can you introduce yourself to the class?"

I thought I won't have to do that again since I made it to my seat already. I stood up and spoke as quietly as I could.

"I'm Samantha"

I could barely hear my own voice in the large classroom, just the way I wanted it. I've never really liked my named, it sounds too girlish and I don't like that so I mostly just shorten it.

"But I go by Sam." I added.

"What did she say?" A funny looking kid asked a weirdly dressed kid sitting right in front of me. The weird kid did not say anything.

"My name is Sam. We just moved here"

"Thank you Sam." The teacher said.

As I looked around the class, I noticed there were more boys than girls, something I'd never seen before.

(1) (Reply)

Preview Of Nigeria's Foremost Mystery And Detective Novels For 8-13-year Olds (C / My Life Sojourns. / My Nigeria: Five Writers And Artists Reflect On The Place They Call Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.