Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,884 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:56 AM

What Makes The Difference - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Makes The Difference (300 Views)

What Makes The "Ember" Months So Dangerous? / Pastor Dana Coverstone's New Revelation Makes The Future Clearer / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Makes The Difference by SonofIssachar: 2:15am On Sep 23, 2021
The new stained glass windows in our church are exquisite. Each Sunday I admire their majestic beauty. The colors glow so vibrantly and the pictures depict one wonderful biblical scene or another.

Recently, when I attended an evening service, I saw things from a new perspective. When I walked toward the church my eyes were drawn to the round stained glass window high up on the building. The stars were shining and the moon was full, but their beauty was not as amazing as the sight of the stained glass window illuminated by the interior lights of the church. The glow was intense and it was a truly beautiful sight.

When I entered the church I settled in the pew and glanced at the side stained glass windows. They were dark and forlorn, showing no beauty at all. The magnificent colors and the story told with each window were obliterated from my sight. Of course! There was no light shining through them! I knew they were compiled of many beautiful pieces of cut glass, perfectly fitted together to depict a special Bible story. But knowing what compiled them and seeing their beauty display (in the daylight) were two different things.

Likewise, a person can have a colorful and well put together life. But if Jesus doesn’t live within them, they will not have the proper light to shine through them to illuminate their assets.

By Marion Smith

Meditation: In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. – John 1:4-5

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!

Also read:

Making A Difference
The Difference Between Strength and Courage
Understanding The Difference Between Spirit, Soul And Body (1)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Join Next Level Prayers Now / Let's Go To Heaven (Rebirth) / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens, Thursday, November 11, 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.