Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,857 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

10 Solid Web Design Mistakes To Avoid - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Solid Web Design Mistakes To Avoid (905 Views)

Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid / Hope You Don't Make These Website Design Mistakes? Cos If You Do, Foul Play!!!!! / 12 Deadly Mistakes That Are Killing Your SEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Solid Web Design Mistakes To Avoid by itookool(m): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2007
10 Design Mistakes to Avoid

1. Not planning your site.

2. Failing to put contact information in a plainly seen location.

3. Broken links.

4. Outdated information.

5. Too many font styles and colors.

6. Orphan pages.

7. Disabling the back button.

8. Opening new windows.

9. Slow loading times.

10. Using leading-edge technology.

Information is Power, Use it Responsibly!
http://www.entrepreneur.com/ebusiness/sitedesign/article60908.html <<with explanations>>
Re: 10 Solid Web Design Mistakes To Avoid by my2cents(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2007
itookool,

2 things jump out here:

1) It would have been nice to have explanations to go with some of them. For example, why is it a bad idea to disable the back button (#7). I use it all the time at work when, say, a user clicks the submit button to process a credit card. You don't want the user to click the button more than once so as to avoid multiple charges for the same thing

2) Why are these mistakes categorized as "solid"? Just curious. Does this imply that there are liquid or fluid mistakes or that you can make mistakes (for which I would disagree) and that some mistakes are worse than others?

btw, this isn't a personal assault. I am just trying to understand what's up.

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Develop A University website Outside Nigeria. / Help, How To Attach File Download / Cost Of Bulk Sms Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.