Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Do You Believe In Ghost? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In Ghost? (572 Views)

Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe / Do You Believe In Psychic Powers? / Do You Believe That The Ancient Egyptians Descended From The Horn Of Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Ghost? by Kalubolt(m): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2021
Let me start with this edited song.
Since I was born
But now I am 40yrs
I have never seen a ghost before.
If not for dictionary or teachings in school and some wack dem say dem say stories by some people, I wouldn't have heard of the word "Ghost".
Do ghost really exist? We have been hearing different type of stories of how somebody that was dead was found in so so place and immediately they saw who they know they vanished. Ask this people that tells you this story if they witness it, they will tell you they were told by someone else. And it all goes on and on and on with I was told by someone.
Nobody ever is the one that witness it.
Like me now, last month was my 41st birthday but till date I haven't seen anything like a ghost or who have died before and I know him or her. My obsession about ghost started back in 1993 when I first watched this Hollywood movie titled GHOST Starring Patrick Swayze, Whoopi Goldberg and Demi Moore. That movie took me into some adventures with some friends some years later on wanting to know about ghost.
My Story:
Back in 1998 I just finished my secondary schooling and I was 18yrs old then. We were about 6 guys in that our street that just finished secondary schooling from different schools, so we were always at home. There was a market close to our area and the women there needed bamboos and palm fronds to make shed and shop for their market. We now took as an avenue to keep ourselves busy and make some money. So we'll go into the bush and fetched bamboos and palm fronds and make shed for them for money.
I lived in Okokomaiko area of Lagos then, while I finish from Ojo High School in Agric/Volks area of Lagos. One among the 6 of us also finished together with me at OHS while the other 4 are from Awori College, Ajangbadi High school, Government College and Community secondary school which are in the same compound with my school. At the back of my area in Okoko is LASU which has a vast expanse of land and bushes. From there you can see Iba express road and once you cross the road, it's Army Cantonment Ojo Barracks which is the biggest army barracks in the whole of West Africa.
So while we hunt our bamboos at the bushes in LASU, we extended it to the bushes and forest of the army barracks. Back then it was still a thick forest not now that they have built houses and even have housing estate there.
There's the army cemetery were they buried soldiers, it's inside a bush we called "Double Bush" if you come out from the bush you will be facing Army cantonment Boys secondary school which is one of the most rugged secondary schools in the whole of Ojo and Amuwo Odofin local governments. Back then we used to hear some of their students sleeps in the cemetery for days to acquire powers and charms against guns, bottles, knifes e.t.c.
Also this era was the era when we used to hear stories of "Bush Babies" those dwarfs they say are in the forest holding a mat and that if you collect the mat you will be rich though we heard they are very dangerous and can kill.
So our bamboo sojourn took us into entering those bushes and forest inside the barracks. We were building shed for our street women with the bamboos and making till we have almost finished building for everybody and no more work to do. Boredom entered us again, until I came up with the suggestion that we should go hunting for Bush babies inside that barracks bush,maybe we can make money as the story goes. Even though within me I know it's a lie, I just wanted to give it a try. While others were fascinated with the thought, my main interest was us going to that cemetery and see if we can come across a ghost.
So everyday after eating in our respective homes and playing some football in the streets, in the afternoon we'll head to the bushes just playing and walking about inside waiting if we could see any bush babies.
While at this we pluck fruits we eat and come back to sell in the area.
After a week or so, no Bush babies was forth coming. I brought another plan of us going to the cemetery at night till dawn, maybe the Bush babies move at night. Hmmmm.... 5 of us agreed, the 6th person was scared. Now what are we going to tell our parents that we won't be coming back at night. Fortunately a plan eventually came. Assemblies Of God youth camp was on then at Iyana Ishashi. We all lied that that is where we were going. In the day we will go to the youth camp, at night pretending we are going back home, we will head to the cemetery. We'll make burn fire and sing and gyrate till morning, but shishi bush babies or ghost came out. We did that for 4 consecutive nights, my people we no see nada. That is how we jettison the idea, and since over 23yrs ago till now I haven't seen any ghost. I lost my mum in 2017 and my dad in 2018, till date non has appeared to me either in the dream or real life.
It will shock you guys to know that I fear creepy and crawling things like Cockroach, Snakes, spiders and all. But you see ghost, spirit or whatever you guys call it and that is if they exist, I am not afraid of them. I can enter any bush or cemetery alone at night and I won't fret. I am a driver, I enter anywhere at any fvcking time and I don't exhibit any fear within me. I always have this attitude of what will be will be. And till date I haven't experienced any dangerous things since my over 15yrs of driving.
Now that's that about that, I asked again do you believe in ghost? Do they exist?
My immediate younger brother is now a reverend in one of the Assemblies of God churches in Lagos. I have asked him this question time and time again. Do Ghost really exist, I thought the Bible said it is appointed unto men once to die and after that judgement. How come people always say they see someone who is dead before and he told me this:
According to my brother, he said all those dead, people claim to see are demons using the face and image of dead people to appear to people they know. I think I kinda agree with this his assertion even though I am still waiting for something of such to happen to me. Atleast I have lost loved ones and friends, can't the demons use any of their faces and appear to me. So my own conclusion is that I don't believe in ghost and their existence cus I haven't seen one before.
Come share to us if you have seen and I don't want to hear my mother or father or somebody told me. Tell us the one you experienced yourself and give us vivid details how it happened.
Re: Do You Believe In Ghost? by Bombastically00(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2021
Ghost ain't real bro plus why I go believe since I never see one before maybe because I never kill person pikin grin... Yoruba pipu I hail una grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Ghost? by Kalubolt(m): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bombastically00:
Ghost ain't real bro plus why I go believe since I never see one before maybe because I never kill person pikin grin... Yoruba pipu I hail una grin
Hahahaha, exactly my thoughts. I haven't kill anyone before. So if one eventually appear before me that's the first question I will ask him or her. Na me kill you hahaha
Re: Do You Believe In Ghost? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 16, 2021
I can only say I come across my late dad in my dreams & in my dream I know he was dead so e came and I ask him dad is that really you but you are dead how come e now told me god give them break time to visit their love one that why he show up, then I week up from sleep check his bed room can't find him na there me too come they reason say e no they possible for a dead man/woman to come back to life

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Ghost? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kalubolt:
Let me start with this edited song.
Since I was born
But now I am 40yrs
I have never seen a ghost before.
If not for dictionary or teachings in school and some wack dem say dem say stories by some people, I wouldn't have heard of the word "Ghost".
Do ghost really exist? We have been hearing different type of stories of how somebody that was dead was found in so so place and immediately they saw who they know they vanished. Ask this people that tells you this story if they witness it, they will tell you they were told by someone else. And it all goes on and on and on with I was told by someone.
Nobody ever is the one that witness it.
Like me now, last month was my 41st birthday but till date I haven't seen anything like a ghost or who have died before and I know him or her. My obsession about ghost started back in 1993 when I first watched this Hollywood movie titled GHOST Starring Patrick Swayze, Whoopi Goldberg and Demi Moore. That movie took me into some adventures with some friends some years later on wanting to know about ghost.
My Story:
Back in 1998 I just finished my secondary schooling and I was 18yrs old then. We were about 6 guys in that our street that just finished secondary schooling from different schools, so we were always at home. There was a market close to our area and the women there needed bamboos and palm fronds to make shed and shop for their market. We now took as an avenue to keep ourselves busy and make some money. So we'll go into the bush and fetched bamboos and palm fronds and make shed for them for money.
I lived in Okokomaiko area of Lagos then, while I finish from Ojo High School in Agric/Volks area of Lagos. One among the 6 of us also finished together with me at OHS while the other 4 are from Awori College, Ajangbadi High school, Government College and Community secondary school which are in the same compound with my school. At the back of my area in Okoko is LASU which has a vast expanse of land and bushes. From there you can see Iba express road and once you cross the road, it's Army Cantonment Ojo Barracks which is the biggest army barracks in the whole of West Africa.
So while we hunt our bamboos at the bushes in LASU, we extended it to the bushes and forest of the army barracks. Back then it was still a thick forest not now that they have built houses and even have housing estate there.
There's the army cemetery were they buried soldiers, it's inside a bush we called "Double Bush" if you come out from the bush you will be facing Army cantonment Boys secondary school which is one of the most rugged secondary schools in the whole of Ojo and Amuwo Odofin local governments. Back then we used to hear some of their students sleeps in the cemetery for days to acquire powers and charms against guns, bottles, knifes e.t.c.
Also this era was the era when we used to hear stories of "Bush Babies" those dwarfs they say are in the forest holding a mat and that if you collect the mat you will be rich though we heard they are very dangerous and can kill.
So our bamboo sojourn took us into entering those bushes and forest inside the barracks. We were building shed for our street women with the bamboos and making till we have almost finished building for everybody and no more work to do. Boredom entered us again, until I came up with the suggestion that we should go hunting for Bush babies inside that barracks bush,maybe we can make money as the story goes. Even though within me I know it's a lie, I just wanted to give it a try. While others were fascinated with the thought, my main interest was us going to that cemetery and see if we can come across a ghost.
So everyday after eating in our respective homes and playing some football in the streets, in the afternoon we'll head to the bushes just playing and walking about inside waiting if we could see any bush babies.
While at this we pluck fruits we eat and come back to sell in the area.
After a week or so, no Bush babies was forth coming. I brought another plan of us going to the cemetery at night till dawn, maybe the Bush babies move at night. Hmmmm.... 5 of us agreed, the 6th person was scared. Now what are we going to tell our parents that we won't be coming back at night. Fortunately a plan eventually came. Assemblies Of God youth camp was on then at Iyana Ishashi. We all lied that that is where we were going. In the day we will go to the youth camp, at night pretending we are going back home, we will head to the cemetery. We'll make burn fire and sing and gyrate till morning, but shishi bush babies or ghost came out. We did that for 4 consecutive nights, my people we no see nada. That is how we jettison the idea, and since over 23yrs ago till now I haven't seen any ghost. I lost my mum in 2017 and my dad in 2018, till date non has appeared to me either in the dream or real life.
It will shock you guys to know that I fear creepy and crawling things like Cockroach, Snakes, spiders and all. But you see ghost, spirit or whatever you guys call it and that is if they exist, I am not afraid of them. I can enter any bush or cemetery alone at night and I won't fret. I am a driver, I enter anywhere at any fvcking time and I don't exhibit any fear within me. I always have this attitude of what will be will be. And till date I haven't experienced any dangerous things since my over 15yrs of driving.
Now that's that about that, I asked again do you believe in ghost? Do they exist?
My immediate younger brother is now a reverend in one of the Assemblies of God churches in Lagos. I have asked him this question time and time again. Do Ghost really exist, I thought the Bible said it is appointed unto men once to die and after that judgement. How come people always say they see someone who is dead before and he told me this:
According to my brother, he said all those dead, people claim to see are demons using the face and image of dead people to appear to people they know. I think I kinda agree with this his assertion even though I am still waiting for something of such to happen to me. Atleast I have lost loved ones and friends, can't the demons use any of their faces and appear to me. So my own conclusion is that I don't believe in ghost and their existence cus I haven't seen one before.
Come share to us if you have seen and I don't want to hear my mother or father or somebody told me. Tell us the one you experienced yourself and give us vivid details how it happened.
naaah. Naim be say dele giwa, funsho Williams, akinyuli for don appear and kill their killers, so with shekau, and those wey die for war

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Ghost? by Kalubolt(m): 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2021
Vickyvice:
naaah. Naim be say dele giwa, funsho Williams, akinyuli for don appear and kill their killers, so with shekau, and those wey die for war
Mehn! I owe you any drink of your choice for this short but well said fact.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Ghost? by fadal(m): 11:32am On Oct 17, 2021
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A GHOST WHEN A PERSON DIE KNOWBODY CANT SEE HIM ONLY ALLAH and he's ANGELS

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Benin Empire Ewuare Was The Greatest King In West Africa (video Story) / Things You Never Knew About Touts(agbero) / The History Behind Igbo-hate (igbophobia)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.