Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! (900 Views)

Programming Is just Like Playing Football / Programming Is Not Fun And To Make It Fun / Looks Like Programming Is Not My Way... Advise Me Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by darealez(m): 2:56pm On Oct 22, 2021
First don't confuse programming with web design, this are two different things that although interwoven, yet distinct and different.

You don't need to understand core programming to design a website!

Oh..my bad!
Name's Akintayo Oluyinka E.
Lead Strategist, D'ARLOS VALLEY.

[Fullstack, Multi Platform].
https://www.darlosvalley.org
https://www.facebook.com/darlosvalley
https://wa. me/message/DRBTCFQR465ZM1

Back to the gist!
Notice, that I said Website and not Web App! Yeah...there's a difference grin grin.

Around this time last year the company I worked for took me off backend to frontend, AngularJS. They were worried about our timeline, since I hadn't written AngularJS before then.
I was given 1week ultimatum to come up with something.., I smiled [I mean, I've had experience writing Java, JavaScript, C, VB, C#, jQuery, Pascal, QB6, Designing Database Schemas, SQL etc]. So I knew that was pretty nothing!
After 3days, I was good to go! I could recall the Angular guy on our team yelling, "this is magical"

It's simple, once you're grounded on the exact principles that coding lives on, you CAN NEVER be stranded!

I came up with my methods of teaching programming, and I categorically have trained a vast number of guys who will never forget my name.

Now I get the "teach us" request daily but unfortunately, a programmer doesn't have luxury of time.

Since there's a lot of different stuffs to learn, I'll put this offer into categories and will only go ahead if the numbers are encouraging.

1. Programming Novice
2. Programming Intermediate
3. Web Development Novice

Shall I discuss Algorithms? How I've written algorithms that kept mouths open? Lol! This boils down to understanding the simplest concepts of programming.

One of my colleague was boasting about HackerRank last year, I whispered..bro, in 2016... I was bouncing on Project Euler....oh shuuushhh!!!!

Don't get it mixed up, I was just a random highschool guy in 2009. I only began my race partially in 2012.. grin grin Today.., if I'm not coding it.. I'm simply not interested in it!

Jzzzzzz! I talk faster than this in real life tongue cheesy

Anyways, each of this offer goes for ₦20,000!
Signify interest below, by dropping your name and contact.

If you got anything else you'd like to learn, drop it below.. Oops!! I'm tempted to talk about Machine Learning and Data Analysis but I won't..

Share this with college students having issues, tell them ZYNXX is here!!
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by darealez(m): 4:06pm On Oct 22, 2021
1. Programming Novice
2. Programming Intermediate - C#
3. Web Development Novice

Two online [Zoom] classes every week for 4 weeks.

1&3 requires no prior knowledge.
No 2. requires knowledge of Programming Novice.

Computer is Compulsory!!
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by darealez(m): 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2021
If you couldn't read the entire story but can still tell the narratives regardless, you're doing well! You're my best candidate..!

Best programmers are lazy.. grin
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by truthCoder: 8:50pm On Oct 22, 2021
darealez:
If you couldn't read the entire story but can still tell the narratives regardless, you're doing well! You're my best candidate..!

Best programmers are lazy.. grin

best programmers are lazy? Really?

i have not met a good lazy programmer...a lazy guy cant stare at a dark screen for hours at a stretch....debugging 2000 lines of code is not for someone who cant read the few words you wrote.

if he cant read ordinary english, how can he read java?

1 Like

Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by bizza45: 11:20pm On Oct 22, 2021
I am interested in python
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by DaCharis2016: 8:31am On Oct 23, 2021
Pls what is d difference between web development & programming? Also which of the trainings should one go for?
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by darealez(m): 5:55pm On Oct 23, 2021
truthCoder:

i have not met a good lazy programmer...a lazy guy cant stare at a dark screen for hours at a stretch....debugging 2000 lines of code is not for someone who cant read the few words you wrote.

Are you are programmer?
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by darealez(m): 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2021
bizza45:
I am interested in python

Oh! sorry, we currently don't have a python class in view
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by truthCoder: 6:14pm On Oct 23, 2021
darealez:

Are you are programmer?

I am
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by darealez(m): 6:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
truthCoder:

I am
What's your stack?
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by darealez(m): 7:50am On Dec 03, 2021
truthCoder:

If by today you haven't already agreed best programmers are lazy, then, I'll be open to put you through.

By the ways, it's gonna be a decade next month since I began programming, so you can be sure I'm clear of the subject domain.
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by coldroomzkgy: 8:18am On Dec 03, 2021
Cold room PU panel is also called PU sandwich panel, PUR Panel or PUF Panel in which polyurethane foam is been sandwiched between the two outer covers. The CFC-free insulated PU panel is commonly used as the cold storage panels due to its advantageous mechanical, chemical, biological and moisture properties, it is excellent to prevent thermal conductivity, restrain growth of fungi, keep out moisture ingress. We are engaged in manufacturing reliable PU sandwich panels in variegated specifications.

GYW PU cold room panels are available in customized sizes and structure for storage temperature ranges from -36°C to 10°C. The outer two layers are available in profile with zinc coated, galvanized steel, embossed aluminum and stainless steel etc., that can meet the international hygiene standards.

https://www.coldroomsuppliers.com/product-detail/cold-room-panels/

The sizes of GYW PU Panel is customized by your cold room requirements, the maximum length is up to 12,000mm, the available width is 960mm or 1000mm, the available thickness is with industrial standard of 50mm, 75mm, 100mm, 120mm, 150mm and 200mm.

PU panel is suitable for low and high temperature controlled applications like cold room and freezer room, it has the characteristics of good thermal insulation, low cold air leakage, easy to transport and install, lower running cost and higher fire resistance property.

B1 and B2 grade PU panels are available for cold room. All the PU panels are connected by the easily operated built-in cam-lock.

In recent years, we keep on investing more than 1,000,000 dollars to update the automatic manufacturing production lines and bsic product facilities. Our daily PU panel output is about 3000 square meters.

Our high quality PU panels have flat and elegant appearance. The foaming time of each panel is 30 to 40 minutes, so the density uniform and the size stable.

Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by truthCoder: 12:28pm On Dec 03, 2021
darealez:

If by today you haven't already agreed best programmers are lazy, then, I'll be open to put you through.

By the ways, it's gonna be a decade next month since I began programming, so you can be sure I'm clear of the subject domain.

i am all ears. Tell me how someone who is lazy becomes the best at anything.

congratulations on your decade anniversary. Will you celebrate for us? i can drop aza.

1 Like

Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by darealez(m): 3:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
truthCoder:

i am all ears. Tell me how someone who is lazy becomes the best at anything.

congratulations on your decade anniversary. Will you celebrate for us? i can drop aza.

Best solutions are often simple, direct and efficient. Most hardworking programmers are often too energetic, they don't mind going all the way. However lazy programmers find simplest alternatives to solving problems.

Hardworking programmers hardly meet timeline.. they over think tiny problems into gigantic towers. They want to go all the way developing a flawless solution..

However, please note that the concept of lazy programmers isn't referring explicitly to being "lazy"

Celebrating by training a few others @ low cost
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by jikins(m): 5:23pm On Dec 03, 2021
darealez:

Best solutions are often simple, direct and efficient. Most hardworking programmers are often too energetic, they don't mind going all the way. However lazy programmers find simplest alternatives to solving problems.

Hardworking programmers hardly meet timeline.. they over think tiny problems into gigantic towers. They want to go all the way developing a flawless solution..

However, please note that the concept of lazy programmers isn't referring explicitly to being "lazy"

You are clearly confusing working smart with being lazy. Those are two different things.

1 Like

Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by olarrtt: 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
jikins:

You are clearly confusing working smart with being lazy. Those are two different things.

Don't get it wrong, a popular CEO invented the statement so basically that's how the statement goes".
And for real i can relate, i had once reverse an array of integers not string ooo and i was using unnecessary pointers , something a simple for loop will do.
Anyways am just starting, still in school at the moment
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by jikins(m): 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
olarrtt:

Don't get it wrong, a popular CEO invented the statement so basically that's how the statement goes".
And for real i can relate, i had once reverse an array of integers not string ooo and i was using unnecessary pointers , something a simple for loop will do.
Anyways am just starting, still in school at the moment

That a popular CEO said doesn't make it correct. Working smart comes from experience and learning. Your experience shows as you said you are just starting. It's difficult for newbies to know what to look for to make life easier most tutorials just give you the basics. With a little bit of experience this becomes easier.

Finding shorter and quicker way of doing is working smart. It's not being lazy. When you are lazy you won't even want to search or even code anything. The definition of lazy is an unwillingness to work or use energy. How does this compute with what he is saying. Isn't working smart a better phrase for it.

Its like comparing a truck pusher with a crypto trader who is worth millions as a result of his trade. The truck pusher obviously works harder, because under rain, sun or whatever he pushes his body to the limit. But earns little. Compare to the trader who just sits possibly in an air conditioned room watching the market. You can't say the crypto trader is lazy. A lazy person won't even open the market to monitor it. Or even get out of bed.

2 Likes

Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by truthCoder: 10:55pm On Dec 03, 2021
darealez:

Your attempt at solely redefining laziness tries to make every other person's primary school education a complete waste of time.

This is an excerpt from Collins Dictionary
"If someone is lazy, they do not want to work or make any effort to do anything. ... You can use lazy to describe an activity or event in which you are very relaxed and which you do or take part in without making much effort."

A programmer is encouraged to find the easiest way to solving a problem. He is also not expected to know everything but to clearly understand the basic building blocks and how they flow together.

Ryan Dahl (Creator of Node JS) made this famous quote "You can never understand everything. But, you should push yourself to understand the system." The keyword in this quote is "PUSH".

An individual who cannot push himself beyond his personal limits and more cannot excel as a programmer. He or she might end up maybe building all those N15,000 websites that look like the first AOL website but he would never be able to build projects that would rival those of serious individuals.

Your training approach might encourage people to flow at their steam and you might have designed your curriculum in such a way that even the most naive of individuals would be able to find their footing, I still believe that if they want to become great programmers in life, then they should be ready to dedicate at least an average of 1000 hours to learn any basic stack.

They can decide to share the 1,000 hours to one minute every day, using the lazy man approach (that's 164 years) or they can dig in with all they've got.

As others have said, there is a huge difference between being lazy and being smart.

2 Likes

Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by darealez(m): 10:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
jikins:

Nah I'm not, and I'm not even open to arguing this. This is life, it takes time to understand a few things.

I've worked from being a demon programmer and I've learnt how to engage laziness as a tool when I need to. Stay blessed!
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by darealez(m): 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
truthCoder:

Your attempt at solely redefining laziness tries to make every other person's primary school education a complete waste of time.

This is an excerpt from Collins Dictionary
"If someone is lazy, they do not want to work or make any effort to do anything. ... You can use lazy to describe an activity or event in which you are very relaxed and which you do or take part in without making much effort."

A programmer is encouraged to find the easiest way to solving a problem. He is also not expected to know everything but to clearly understand the basic building blocks and how they flow together.

Ryan Dahl (Creator of Node JS) made this famous quote "You can never understand everything. But, you should push yourself to understand the system." The keyword in this quote is "PUSH".

An individual who cannot push himself beyond his personal limits and more cannot excel as a programmer. He or she might end up maybe building all those N15,000 websites that look like the first AOL website but he would never be able to build projects that would rival those of serious individuals.

Your training approach might encourage people to flow at their steam and you might have designed your curriculum in such a way that even the most naive of individuals would be able to find their footing, I still believe that if they want to become great programmers in life, then they should be ready to dedicate at least an average of 1000 hours to learn any basic stack.

They can decide to share the 1,000 hours to one minute every day, using the lazy man approach (that's 164 years) or they can dig in with all they've got.

As others have said, there is a huge difference between being lazy and being smart.

Hahaha.. have a great evening please.
Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by jikins(m): 4:48am On Dec 06, 2021
darealez:

Nah I'm not, and I'm not even open to arguing this. This is life, it takes time to understand a few things.

I've worked from being a demon programmer and I've learnt how to engage laziness as a tool when I need to. Stay blessed!

Lol, English is pretty straightforward. And the definition of lazyiness and working smart aren't rocket science. But if you choose to deliberately use the wrong English that's cool.

1 Like

Re: Programming Is Learnable: A Giveaway Offer! by codeigniter(m): 10:07am On Dec 06, 2021
darealez:

How can you teach with closed mind? No matter the experience no one knows it all. I have never seen lazy as a criterion in JDs. Laziness != Smartness

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

pls i need a c# code for sending form to email / Firebird Gurus Pls Help: / How To Own A Paymeny Processor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.