Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:25 PM

The Difference Between Radiography And Sonography - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Difference Between Radiography And Sonography (1751 Views)

Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? / Pic: Difference Between A Boss And A Leader / Human Anatomy Combined With Radiography - Advice On 2nd Degree (medical Field) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Radiography And Sonography by barryk: 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2011
From my own search I realised that there is a difference between Radiography and Sonography. Sonography deals with using the sound technology mainly. I stand to be corrected anyway. My problem is, I do not know any Nigeria University that offer it. Pls, if you know where I can receive the training do let me know. I love the course, even though I already posses B.sc in medicine.
Re: The Difference Between Radiography And Sonography by ultrazone(m): 11:27pm On Aug 19
Radiology involves the use of various types of technology, including those that involve radiation, such as CT scans and MRIs. Sonographers utilize ultrasound, or high-frequency sound waves, to create images inside the body. Sonography does not include the use of radiation. Read more here about what medical sonographers do: https://sonographyprogramsinfo.com/what-does-a-diagnostic-medical-sonographer-do/
Re: The Difference Between Radiography And Sonography by Rubyjade: 11:41pm On Aug 19
Radiography and Sonography are both medical imaging modalities, but they use different technologies and have distinct differences:

Radiography (X-ray):

1. Uses ionizing radiation (X-rays) to produce images.
2. Images internal structures, such as bones, lungs, and organs.
3. Commonly used for diagnosing fractures, lung diseases, and foreign objects.
4. Produces 2D images.

Sonography (Ultrasound):

1. Uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images.
2. Images internal structures, such as organs, blood vessels, and fetuses.
3. Commonly used for diagnosing gallstones, liver disease, and monitoring pregnancy.
4. Produces 2D or 3D images.

Key differences:

1. Radiation: Radiography uses ionizing radiation, while Sonography uses non-ionizing sound waves.
2. Image production: Radiography produces images based on radiation absorption, while Sonography produces images based on sound wave reflection.
3. Application: Radiography is commonly used for skeletal and respiratory systems, while Sonography is used for abdominal, obstetric, and vascular imaging.

While both modalities are essential in medical imaging, the choice between Radiography and Sonography depends on the specific diagnostic needs and patient requirements.
Re: The Difference Between Radiography And Sonography by PinkNature(m): 7:49am On Aug 31
barryk:
From my own search I realised that there is a difference between Radiography and Sonography. Sonography deals with using the sound technology mainly. I stand to be corrected anyway. My problem is, I do not know any Nigeria University that offer it. Pls, if you know where I can receive the training do let me know. I love the course, even though I already posses B.sc in medicine.

What do you mean by B.sc in medicine? Haha

(1) (Reply)

How Profitable Is Pure Water Manufacturing In 2022 / Thames Valley School Ogun / Working Principles And Installation Of An Outdoor Feeder Pillar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.