Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Should I Close Down ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Close Down ? (320 Views)

Can I Close Down Dormant Gtbank Bank Account With Money Inside? / Should I Close My Business? / How Do I Close My Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Close Down ? by Kadejo(m): 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2021
I opened a computer business centre in January this year 2021. By March, I was able to employ a computer operator to manage the place since I have a job.

But, from March till October, 2021, I have being paying the salary of the employee from my own salary, this means the business as not been able to pay salary. There is no progress in terms of increase in resources.

All revenue generated is not meeting the monthly overhead i.e rent, electricity, salary, and other unforseen circumstances.

For example, the total income for the month October was less than #6,000.

Please I will appreciate a business expert to advise me on the step to take, as I am considering closing down that business.

I do not make any profit,
I do not make overhead expenses,
I pay salary with my personal money,

What should I do?

1 Like

Re: Should I Close Down ? by Kadejo(m): 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2021
The business office is located in a student environment, he also has opportunity to locate private second schools around.

I will appreciate your calls too
Re: Should I Close Down ? by FunnyDude(m): 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
Close it down or handle yourself

1 Like

Re: Should I Close Down ? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
Kadejo:
I will appreciate your calls too
Depends on location?, if it like a youthful area, maybe office area or close to a major tertiary institution it usually seasonal
Re: Should I Close Down ? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2021
You could add a POS point. Might help bring in more funds.

1 Like

Re: Should I Close Down ? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2021
Lol.

You did FREEDOM for your staff.

Staff pilfer money when you ask them to sell goods with fixed prices talkless of when you aren't there to know whether he sold or not...

You must run or directly oversee your business in Nigeria before it succeeds.

1 Like

Re: Should I Close Down ? by Kadejo(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2021
Macsjebs:

Depends on location?, if it like a youthful area, maybe office area or close to a major tertiary institution it usually seasonal

It's a student environment, polytechnic to be precise. Even when students are around, the income is nothing to speak
Re: Should I Close Down ? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2021
Kadejo:

It's a student environment, polytechnic to be precise. Even when students are around, the income is nothing to speak
Maybe the person in the shop should 'enter the street' while you remain there, like during major periods like clearance and registration or where students majorly ply or receive lectures to get customers like asking 'photocopy, lamination, typing' etc, these days, na people dey find customers unlike before when they just come to the shop
Re: Should I Close Down ? by kaywhy09(m): 5:58am On Nov 02, 2021
For such business, you need someone who can relate well with students, and also good with some academic work (project work, assignment, online application and payment, design...).

However, anyone who is skilful in these area will rather work for himself instead of working for someone else.

If you can incorporate other services (pos, recharge, passport...) Maybe you can get more.

Else, you'll have to handle it yourself to make something meaningful out of the business.

(1) (Reply)

Two Arrested For 'pounding Fufu And Starting An Eatery Under A Bridge' In Ghana / N10,000.00 Challenge / COLOURFUL GIGGLES: Nigerian Baby Food Going Global With Local Ingredients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.