Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / . (828 Views)

Finnish Policewoman Gets Scammed Of N73m By Nigerian Fraudsters / US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by gunpoint(m): 3:49am On Nov 11, 2021
Re: . by Boogyman557: 3:55am On Nov 11, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool SORRY MAN. WTF MAN
Re: . by alphaRego01(m): 3:57am On Nov 11, 2021
Hello

u need 600 lashes of the Holy cane

1 Like

Re: . by Baawaa(m): 4:12am On Nov 11, 2021
That is your problem,who do in inform in your family before you embarked on this.since you don't help your family, you can not inform them
Re: . by MMotimo: 5:04am On Nov 11, 2021
All the best, OP!

He/she who has ears should listen:
If it’s money you cannot afford to forfeit, NEVER entrust it to friend or family. People change, you can’t rely on them to be the same forever.

Above all, learn to respect your money. Treat your sweat like you worked for it. It doesn’t matter if it’s 5K or 26M, respect every single kobo you make and it will change how you make money decisions.
Re: . by TarOrfeeek: 5:56am On Nov 11, 2021
If Emeka or Tunde ask you for N1,000 to use see road.

You go squeeze face like bread way person march.

You done carry N26m give woman because she get tOtO.

Brother abeg, carry your cross. If e tire you rest somewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Conwarden: 6:29am On Nov 11, 2021
gunpoint:
Front Page needed please Mods

This story is long and like Nigerians would do, they will probably laugh but here goes.

I worked for a while for an organisation in Lagos. This is where I met my scammer. We were recruited together and started on the same day and became friends. This was in 2007. Not long after in 2008 or 2009, she left the company/country to go do a masters and we lost contact. In after saving every kobo from that job, in 2015 I used my money to cross desert and left too as part of the outflux from Nigeria.

I can’t say its been a bed of roses as hussle overseas is hard, but I have been able to make ends meet and been saving like a lunatic.

Out of the blue in 2015, this woman/scammer contacted me. She was back in Nigeria, married and in a very toxic relationship with her partner as she told the story. According to her, even though her husband worked for a big organisation in Lagos and was doing very well, she was struggling to feed. Even though she had foreign masters, he wouldn’t let her work when she tried and was making her life hell over working. When she quit he job, he wouldn’t provide for her and the child they had together.

She then pleaded with me to loan her anything, any amount to trade with. I believe I loaned her N250k not bothering what she wanted to trade. Couple of weeks later, she rang me back, returned the 250k and like 20k on top. I said thank you and moved on.

This continued, she would call for more, return on time and return with something.

As time went on, her husband left the country to join the hussle overseas. She reached out to me to say he had finally abandoned her and their kid and she was starving. She said to fund his exit, he sold all their household property, sold the apartment they lived in, borrowed money given to her for safe keeping by her aunt and basically ran with it. All this was her side of the story. As I was not friends with the husband, I could not verify what she said as true. I took pity on this horrible woman and asked what she wanted to do. She asked for a loan, she was going to start a business and wanted me to be an investor. This was in 2018. All in all I loaned her N26m between 2018-19.
This might sound like I am a rich person but no. I had no reason to doubt her. I had loaned her 10m, she returned. 15m, she returned. So I gave her the 26m and that was the beginning of my problems.
She was supposed to return 13m at the end of 2019 and the balance whenever I requested it. We agreed the return in this way so as not to crash the business she was building. I told her, add whatever you can afford on top, no obligations.
This woman who used to speak to me once or twice a week, every week since 2015 is now unreachable. She has been unreachable since Dec of 2019. She has blocked me everywhere. Whatsapp/Facebook/Instagram/Phone calls. Ofcos when i hide my number, her phone rings but she doesn't pick as she suspects its me.
As I do not reside in the country, I have been unable to do anything to her. The country I reside in has been in mad lockdown/covid since March 2020 so I cannot leave/travel.
This woman basically has all my life savings.

I thought I was saving a life as per her cries about her husband from 2015 to 2019 and investing back home while out there hussling, this person is basically about to ruin me.

This is an example of why it is wrong to help anyone in Nigeria. This wicked wicked woman has taught me my life lesson. that if you find someone suffering, it Is God’s will for the person so don’t interfere.

And before anyone insinuates that maybe I had a relationship with her, well obviously I live too far away for that to be true. Neither did we run things when we were colleagues for a year or so.

I have been reading here how EFCC has been moving all of these suspected yahoo boys, I really need help. I don’t know who needs to see this to help but don’t know what else to do.
I have hired lawyers to go after her but they are either incompetent or hampered by the Nigerian snail paced legal system.
Nothing is off the table here, post your suggestions as I will read all comments.

angry

Sorry OP. This is why I advocate:

Life sentence for all scammers . . . including paternity fraudsters!

1 Like

Re: . by gunpoint(m): 7:01am On Nov 11, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

If Emeka or Tunde ask you for N1,000 to use see road.

You go squeeze face like bread way person march.

You done carry N26m give woman because she get tOtO.

Brother abeg, carry your cross. If e tire you rest somewhere.
fair enough
Re: . by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 11, 2021
Sad one
Re: . by Candidlady: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2021
Conwarden:

angry

Sorry OP. This is why I advocate:

Life sentence for all scammers . . . including paternity fraudsters!

are you sure you woke up with your sense this morning? You had to quote that long epistle!
Re: . by joyandfaith: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2021
Even banks with instruments to recover loans don't give out loans recklessly. Millions of naira without paper works, insurance , witnesses and collateral.
I wish you all the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Flamees(m): 8:06am On Nov 11, 2021
This op sha loaning someone millions lolz.
Some niggas no get sense at all
Re: . by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 11, 2021
A simp is spotted.

This piece seems to be a cooked up story. But if it's true, then you're more than an idiot.

Are u responsible for the lady's wellbeing? Why won't she divorce her husband when he prevented her from working & refused to take her responsibility?

Even if it's true, what u did was not help, it was business gone wrong. U gave out loan and received interest. She was smarter than u.

If it was a male, will u pity him & give him millions of Naira as a loan, Mr. Simp?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by chipsypop(m): 9:09am On Nov 11, 2021
This one is strong
Re: . by chipsypop(m): 9:12am On Nov 11, 2021
This is deep. You didn't do wrong by helping a soul in need of help but the first mistake you made was to loan without collateral.
You don't loan money to people based on what they tell you because the tone used in borrowing money is not the same used in paying back.
Most Nigerians don't like paying unless they're forcefully compelled to. I wish you luck in any means you intend to use in recovering money.
Re: . by Teripaul(m): 9:17am On Nov 11, 2021
 mehn i dnt knw where to start 
Re: . by chinchonglee(m): 9:45am On Nov 11, 2021
Ah Óga ooo!

I dnt even knw what to say on this!

Lemme ask you, can you loan your fellow man that amount?

(1) (Reply)

Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Benue (Photos) / Video Of Young Man Caught While Attempting To Use His Mother For Money Ritual / Uganda: Family Sprayed With Acid, Home Burnt For Leaving Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.