Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Practicing Righteousness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practicing Righteousness (154 Views)

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. / Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) / Be Established In God's Righteousness - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Practicing Righteousness by KaideeGee(m): 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
I John 3:7 NKJV

Let's Pray
<<Holy Spirit of God, be exalted, be praised and magnified in our lives forever. We adore and love you. Thank you for the good times and the bad, thank you for everything.
Please we ask for your mercy. Father we have sinned against you in ways we can't even fathom, but please do not hold it against us, please cleanse us and free us from the guilt of sin.
We ask that you teach us, for You are the great Teacher, please reveal your Word to us in ways we can understand. Show is the hidden mysteries in your word. Amen.>>

Dear Followers of Christ.
Some time ago, we were discussing on faith as a prerequisite to righteousness. Today we will focus on the conscious act involved that leads to righteousness. The Practicing of Righteousness.
Righteousness on a simplistic level means adhering to moral principles. To practice righteousness is to consciously make effort to adhere to moral principles. It is a continual process, just because you did one particular thing right doesn't mean you are righteous. You have to do it over and over and over pretty much indefinitely.
I will admit righteousness by faith and righteousness by works are very contradictory on the surface. But in actuality they are supplementary. As I have said before, Faith is what gets you saved, Works are what keeps you saved, if not the term backslide would not exist.
A backslider is a person who after having faith and getting saved refuses or stops producing fruits worthy of repentance. It is said that redemption is harder for such a person.
As Jesus said, we are the Vine and The Father is the Vinedresser, anyone that doesn't bear fruit will be plucked out and burnt.
Let me quickly throw here, Righteousness is not a very complicated thing, RIGHTEOUSNESS IN A CONDENSED FORM IS LOVE. Love first for God, Love for you neighbor and for yourself.
Let us make it a constant prayer that God should teach us to love, even as He loved and sent His son Jesus.
Peace...
Re: Practicing Righteousness by HRHQueenPhil(f): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
Small by small
U will do it
Chat me for ideas

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Great Prayer Request Form / Could We Have Taken God For Granted? / "To Whom Be Glory For Ever. Amen"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.