Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Are We So Daft? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We So Daft? (168 Views)

Only Daft People Believe Peter Obi Won't Win SS Landslide / Sagamite Destroying Daft Malami And Presidency's Arguments On Open Grazing! / It Is DAFT To Demand National Break Up While You Live In Other Parts Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are We So Daft? by okrote4real: 11:06am On Nov 25, 2021
N5k to 40m Nigerians monthly in place of petrol subsidy is the dumbest idea in the world.
Do the maths, see the corruption.
Just remove the subsidy, stop the unending circle of corruption and move funds to critical development.
And how many times have we removed the subsidy self?
It's on record that PMB kicked against subsidy during the 2015 campaigns. Till date he has not found the courage to do the right thing.
Every year he raises his hands in frustration.
This year he says he has found courage but he is opening another door of corruption in the distribution of cash to the poor.
The poor will use the 5k to pay for more costly transportation and food.
How did we get here for goodness sake?

https://www.facebook.com/1207362008/posts/10227075621935598/

1 Like

Re: Are We So Daft? by VaselineCrew: 11:22am On Nov 25, 2021
I was going to open a thread on the same issue.

Why can’t they use the funds to build infrastructure that we can all see?

Use the funds for a month to do a federal road in the east, then in the west the next month and so on.

How many solar panels can 200 billion buy?

If a 250 watt solar panel costs 50k

Then 200bln divided by 50k will give 4 million units of 250 watt solar panels.

4 million multiplied by 250watts will give 1,000,000,000 watts of electricity or 1,000,000 kilowatts of electricity or 1000 megawatts of electricity.

If you add 1,000 megawatts of electricity to the grid for 1 year, you’d have 12,000 megawatts of fully renewable electricity from the SUN.

But instead, they want to share the money to nameless, faceless people, that cannot be traced.

The black man is just a special breed I tell you.

We are so corrupt. Only a few people are ready to do the right thing, while the majority scream Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku... without even asking questions.

It’s sad really, almost makes me cry sometimes realizing I’m surrounded by Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Sanwo-olus Walk For Peace: He Is Being Influenced By Higher Powers In Nigeria / Gov Uzodinma:i’ll Name Nigerians Behind Igbo Killings In South-east In 2022 / Illegal Enforcement Of Judgment By Shangisha Landlords Association Inre Sc/112/2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.