Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,615 members, 7,816,525 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram (23859 Views)

Twitter Ban: FG Could Have Handled It A Lot Better - Sanwo-Olu / Twitter Ban: FG Summons US, UK Envoys, Others Over Comments / FG Develops Rapid Response Register For Poor Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Tingotoe: 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
Bantu10:

UK also provides adequate security for it's people; or do u only mention UK when it suits you??
Oga social media will be regulated wethter you like it or not so you had better make up your mind to comply with the rules or face the consequences. The security you mentioned has nothing to do with restraining you from running your mouth like tap water
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Bantu10: 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
Tingotoe:
Oga social media will be regulated wethter you like it or not so you had better make up your mind to comply with the rules or face the consequences. The security you mentioned has nothing to do with restraining you from running your mouth like tap water

I don't exchange words with zombies coz I know they don't think straight.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Johnnoo(m): 11:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
cool

Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by adecz: 11:55pm On Nov 28, 2021
☠️GOVERNMENT OF DEATH & HUNGER☠️

This dirty government is only
here to take away from the citizens,
it has given nothing in 7 years in power.
❌❌❌❌❌❌
Buhari, like his herdsmen brothers is
just a curse everywhere or anything they
touch..☹️☹️☹️
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by unscripted(m): 12:03am On Nov 29, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Nice and commendable. It will be nice to see the draft recommendations.
It will ultimately create jobs for our teeming youths.
I want to believe you sre being sarcastic

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by heniford2: 12:14am On Nov 29, 2021
2023 APC go understand the meaning of this useless code of conduct because na blackout mean while PDP should use this opportunity to get in an agreement with all social media 2023 will be sweet trust me undecided grin cheesy
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by heniford2: 12:17am On Nov 29, 2021
APc forget that 90% youths are in social media and come 2023 grin grin facebook and twitter will give them condition to operate
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by elbaraj2020(m): 12:25am On Nov 29, 2021
If you look at it devoid of prejudice for the government the conditions are ok, because if atall all the social media companies will open offices here in Nigeria it will create alot of employment, atleast we are one of their biggest market in Africa and the world entirely, so it's alright for them to pay back too...
Paying of tax too is cool, because you can't run a business without paying tax...this is my opinion by the way and I am not a supporter of this useless government ..pls take note.
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by chrizzyace: 1:46am On Nov 29, 2021
All the Prophecies we heard earlier this year, are gradually taking its place...May God have mercy on our land.
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by moskush1(m): 2:20am On Nov 29, 2021
Everything that was used freely before 2015 now has a code, social media should not be an exception, even nairaland go follo because of yeye govt. we dey against freedom of expression
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by MalaikaEH(f): 3:13am On Nov 29, 2021
I wish Twitter will just ignore these people till after 2023 or even 2027, as the case may be. Silence is the best answer to some code of conduct..
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by warlordd(m): 4:19am On Nov 29, 2021
Nice one! Facebook especially, needs to be sanitized because there are so many lunatics online hurling abuses with Facebook tacitly approving it.
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by donbrowser(m): 4:39am On Nov 29, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Lies!
Funny thing is even if Buhari bans Instagram and Facebook it will affect Nigerians more than Facebook if you think I'm lying ask people running ads on Facebook

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Enyimbamercedes: 4:41am On Nov 29, 2021
You were not anxious atvTwitter when you used it in pre- 2015 to propagate lies!

Now you are anxious!

Code of conduct for FB and Instagram? Omo we couldn’t even put diplomatic pressure on small Ivory Coast to release a wrongfully jailed Nigerian. We overestimate ourselves

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Brushstrokes20: 4:52am On Nov 29, 2021
The satanic, sadistic govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS wants to by any means necessary cage public opinion.... undecided

Yet, the redundant vegetable refused to ban #MEDICAL TOURISM, POVERTY, UNEMPLOYMENT, INSECURITY, CORRUPTION, etc....

Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER undecided
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Pennywise(m): 5:20am On Nov 29, 2021
bolaayenimo:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

https://independent.ng/twitter-ban-fg-has-developed-code-of-conduct-for-facebook-instagram-others-keyamo/

All of them in case you people do not fully understand includes NL.

I will advise Seun and his family to port if he hasn't done so

Rather than trying to build a country Keyamo and his ilk are trying to build Buhari
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Johel(m): 5:34am On Nov 29, 2021
bolaayenimo:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

https://independent.ng/twitter-ban-fg-has-developed-code-of-conduct-for-facebook-instagram-others-keyamo/

I'm not interested in social medias anymore....atleast my data go dey last.
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by SmartPolician: 5:43am On Nov 29, 2021
Ammishaddai:
This Festus Keyamo can be very stupid at times ,and the sweetest part is that he never fails to disappoint me when it comes to supporting this stupid APC government

I shook my head when you claimed that Festus Keyamo is stupid without stating how. That man is way too smart and intelligent for Seun Okin to interview him.

I think it's only Maupe Ogun-Yusuf who has the experience and intellectual capacity to engage Mr. Keyamo in such conversation.

I watched the interview and was surprised how Seun would let him get away with his controversial answers, probably because he doesn't know how to counter them.
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Card7: 5:54am On Nov 29, 2021
nairavsdollars:
leave facebook alone oo. i take God beg you

Only fb!
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by bolaayenimo: 5:56am On Nov 29, 2021
you are right
SmartPolician:

I shook my head when you claimed that Festus Keyamo is stupid without stating how. That man is way too smart and intelligent for Seun Okin to interview him.

I think it's only Maupe Ogun-Yusuf who has the experience and intellectual capacity to engage Mr. Keyamo in such conversation.

I watched the interview and was surprised how Seun would let him get away with his controversial answers, probably because he doesn't know how to counter them.
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Godons1: 5:58am On Nov 29, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:

To use better koboko take waya your back for no be a bad idea if to say I fit see you face to face.

It is November 28. I know say hunger don hammer you well well, so you dey hustle for your small 30k monthly stipend

For this thing wey you write so, just lie down for ground. I no wan here any excuse. cool

Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by aspabay(m): 6:00am On Nov 29, 2021
Ammishaddai:
A zombie like you can't understand what free-speech means, and neither can you understand what it means to think outside APC or Buhari's cabinet .

So UK, Australia, Germany and other developed countries enacting laws to regulate social media do not know what free speech is all about. This your slavery mentality is the problem. You condemn anything home grown and praise the werernere to high heavens. It's slavery mentality dude. Free yourself from mental slavery.
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Viicfuntop(f): 6:19am On Nov 29, 2021
The best thing twitter should have done is ignore. I mean somebody threatens me and then I kowtow; No.

Everybody knows the federal government is fighting for its own personal agenda. I mean if they were that serious about regulating social media, they would have done it before buhari’s comment was yanked off their platform. Twitter should have simply ignored them. Why should anyone force you to do something against your morals.
I personally do not understand people who go against their principles for some silly reasons. Jack was just 5 months ago talking about the lack of freedom of speech in Nigeria in defense of its opening in Ghana and now they are “in talk” with the government. Lol. Jack can afford to lose the income from the Nigerian market. It’s really not that deep. Would it significantly affect his net worth?
I mean Twitter is literally blocked in China (more than a billion people). What’s the big deal about the Nigerian market? Is it Twitter that’s suddenly going to make our country industrialized or what’s their fraction of their tax really going to do in this country.

And to the silly supporters of this nonsense government, nothing lasts forever.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Mvena(f): 6:21am On Nov 29, 2021
So with everything wey dey happen, na wetin dey bother dem be this

Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Comedian2019: 6:41am On Nov 29, 2021
Buhari APC government are determined to take Nigerians away from civilization.
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Comedian2019: 6:44am On Nov 29, 2021
aspabay:

So UK, Australia, Germany and other developed countries enacting laws to regulate social media do not know what free speech is all about. This your slavery mentality is the problem. You condemn anything home grown and praise the werernere to high heavens. It's slavery mentality dude. Free yourself from mental slavery.
All these countries you mentioned are enjoying public amenities, tell me what you are enjoying, if not insecurity, terrorism, banditry and kidnapping.
Use your brain, else greedy politicians will use it.
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Druss(m): 6:52am On Nov 29, 2021
We are slowly becoming a fascist society.
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Druss(m): 6:53am On Nov 29, 2021
SmartPolician:

Most likely if Seun tries to counter them he may be invited for further discussions by a government agency.
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by Bizibi(m): 6:54am On Nov 29, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
hehehehe....smh
Re: Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram by SmartPolician: 6:59am On Nov 29, 2021
Druss:

Most likely if Seun tries to counter them he may be invited for further discussions by a government agency.

That's FALSE, huncle.
Festus Keyamo is a SAN, meaning that he knows Nigeria's law deeply. He needs someone who understands the law as much as he does to engage him in such intellectual discussions. Unfortunately, Seun didn't do a good job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anthony Obekpa: We Are Losing Members To Labour Party In Benue - APC Chieftain / MEND Denies Any Links With APC, Restates Support For Buhari / Dogara Rejects Gbajabiamila’s Emergence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.