Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Who Are You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are You? (389 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Are You? by wisepen(m): 7:08am On Dec 06, 2021
Standing in front of my mirror, looking at my cute face and feeling myself, like a little whisper came to these three words *WHO ARE YOU?* for a moment the only answer that clouded my head was my name, and then I could add my academic qualifications, and even future ambitions, then it dawned on me that I actually do not know who I was up until that moment, the identity I have held on to as mine has been what the society has painted out for me. This newfound knowledge prompted my journey to self-discovery.
*Walk with me*
Funny how many people go around feeling like they have a grasp of who they are, and the reason for their existence, when in the actual fact, we are just living in the moment and following the pattern that the world or some group of persons(family, religion, peer group amongst others) had set for us. hence the struggle to fit in, which is a major cause of anxiety that leads to depression.
When an individual doesn't have a personal identity, such individual will get swayed, confused, frustrated, and easily manipulated. knowing who you are is like having a pointer to one's destination on a map, it makes the journey a lot faster and less complicated.

*A step further*
the need for self-discovery is a very important topic that should be treated with all urgency as it is the bedrock of finding fulfilment in all spheres of life.
'Be careful of your thoughts, your thoughts become your words.
Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words.
Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.
Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
_Chinese proverb.
Author unknown

*Thoughts*
According to an article published by the University of Minnesota, Thoughts are mental cognition, our ideas, opinions, and beliefs about ourselves and the world around us. They include the perspectives we bring to any situation or experience that colour our point of view. They are a vital part responsible for our formation, little wonder the Bible says as a man thinketh in his heart so he is. The thought goes a long way in shaping the future as it affects the decision-making process and the rise or fall of a man is dependent on the choice of decisions made, so to understand who you are then you have to look within yourself for what makes up your thoughts
Views and ideology: how we see life goes a long way to tell who we are, our experiences in life also form the basis of decision making, our value system and that of the people we relate with is also one of the things that contribute to forming us because the decision is made based on them.

*Purpose and destiny*
for every invention, electronic gadgets especially, there is always an instructional manual that clearly spells out what a gadget does in terms of purpose, functions, condition to operate under, requirements among other things. likewise, as humans, our creator “God” holds our user manual in his hands that's why he said
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations. Jer 1:5.
God has a plan for everyone on the planet earth and nothing happens without his consent, so anyone who truly wants to find themself should find him first, because when you find him, then you can know his thoughts concerning you and the very reason for your existence.
Through it all I discovered that who I am is not a function of what I have, where I come from, but rather what my thoughts are and the plans of the one who created me, so to truly know who I am, I need to first find God for only him can truly give answers to this question and bring peace to me.

Finding God the next Agenda...
Re: Who Are You? by luwiizy(m): 7:11am On Dec 06, 2021
Haha...why do black people always feel like they need to find God

(1) (Reply)

YHVH Almighty Forbid! / Don't Mingle With Worldly People: What Does This Mean / Popular Akwa Ibom Firebrand Preacher, John Okoriko Kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.