Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,985 members, 7,866,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:57 PM

. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / . (522 Views)

IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin / How We Retained University Of Lagos’ Name Despite Jonathan’s Wish – VC / Pictures - Finally, I Am A Graduate!! - Thank God - Viviangist.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by salvationproject(m): 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
Re: . by Tohsynetita1: 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
Nothing, you would be selected if they want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Tohsynetita1: 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
Nothing, you would be selected if they want. Before, they do favour 1st class students but not really like that anymore.
Re: . by fernandoc(m): 5:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
Lecturing isn’t about teaching and making students understand better sadly. Improve in your ability to research. Publish in international reputable journals and you will even be begged to accept a lecturing job by fellow researchers. As a lecturer you only gain respect by how much impact you’ve made in research not how easily students understand your teaching.

2 Likes

Re: . by dawnomike(m): 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2021
salvationproject:
Good day everyone,
I have a semester left to round up my first degree programme and over the years, I had consistently being an excellent student and the best in my department and faculty.

At this point in my life, I got to realize I have this great passion for lecturing or teaching. Over the years, I have been the one, students across all levels call upon for tutorials and it is fulfilling to note that they testify to understanding my ways of lecturing far more than those of lecturers.

Looking at where I am coming from, I believe it won't be a bad idea to kick start life as a lecturer. As this will enable me to fully impart knowledge just as I have being doing in informal ways since my first year. But am confused on how to go about this.

What can I do so as to be retained in my department?
Enrol for your M.Sc after graduation and try to publish some journals to stand a good chance.
Re: . by AoifeNightfall: 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2021
Follow the lecturers about.

Lick their asses.

Help them invigilate exams.

You're good to go wink
Re: . by LordIsaac(m): 8:36am On Dec 11, 2021
Federal Universities should retain their first class students since they pass them through hell and graduate few of them....but nay, nepotism is the order of the day.... unfortunately.

(1) (Reply)

Lecturer Smashes Student’s Iphone For Ringing During Class (photos, Video) / What Every Nigerian Fresher Must Understand / Continuous Assessment Test C For Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.