Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (692 Views)

Cancer Is Endangering The Life Of My Mother. Help!!! / If You Were Once An Introvert How Did You Change? / 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Goldenbliss1(f): 11:33pm On Dec 29, 2021
Re: . by longetivity(m): 11:36pm On Dec 29, 2021
Nice fiction
Re: . by Goldenbliss1(f): 11:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
longetivity:
Nice fiction
Thank you very much sir! This is a true life story of a young adults.

1 Like

Re: . by Daveambition(m): 11:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
Na normal thing, @ early 20s waist don begin dey scratch yu.
Wetin yu need rn na man wey go fit hang yu for wall lyk Plasma, give yu bettah wheel-barrow style; with ur two legs ontop im shoulder...
Jam u from behind lyk who dey learn driving til yu squirt..
Just imagine that kind cruise, & e go make brain if short gurl lyk yu sabi swallow too.
Re: . by Oluromantic: 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
There's nothing wrong with you being an introvert. You should be an authority in yourself despite your introversion. Being an introvert and having low self esteem are two different things. Your problem is you've not conquered the fear of being ridiculed, taken for granted or being alone and the only way to conquer them is by entering the relationship.

Even though it is 90% sure it will not end in marriage you should still give it a trial. It's even unrealistic to think all the relationship you're into must end in marriage at your age as believed generally by naija girls. That's why they become easy to sleep with once you put a marriage promise in place. It works like wonder.

So enter with out fear but use your brain as much as you can and no get belle.

Welcome to adulthood.

3 Likes

Re: . by Ynix(m): 12:24am On Dec 30, 2021
Goldenbliss1:
Hello Nairalanders! Happy New Year in advance.

Have been a guest for about three years, finally finally am now a member all thanks to my new smartphone. One thing I love so much about Nairaland is the comment section, which is based on different ideas, and some based on experience.

Am a young lady in my early twenties (20), people hardly believe that am not a teenager, I have a small statue that makes me to look like a teenager (16yrs). But am always grateful for my appearance. As for friendship am not good at making friends, I have very low self-esteem. I belongs to many groups on Facebook, but I hardly interact, sometimes after typing a comment I ended up deleting it. Recently I started checking my activity log on Facebook to make sure that I didn't mistakenly dislike, hate someone post, or say something bad.

Have never been in a relationship. Am just afraid of heart break �, reading is my hobby, have read and watch movies on how you guys give we ladies red card. Please pardon me if am judging you guys, have also read and watched movies of how ladies ended up becoming someone else's property. Back than when I was in secondary School I told my friends that, when am through with my NYSC , and have a good job I can then give love a chance, if in any ways he break's my heart, I won't have to force myself on him, I will move on with my life since I have a good job.

Currently am an undergraduate student in my second semester. In my first year I came across a handsome guy, who was interested in having a relationship with me, unfortunately I declined his proposal, I felt that it was too early for me to be in a relationship, by then I was preparing for both internal and external exam . After some month we became a total stranger.. this was the cause of our friendship, at first he chatted me , I was speechless let , and decided to send a like thumb, he got angry and warned me never to send him a like thumb. I replied him , please I want you to also stop asking me questions like have you eaten?

Hello Nairalanders am so sorry for the grammatical errors. Is there any way you can advise me, have been thinking of seeing a school counselor , to be honest with you I lack the confidant to so. Am so sorry if this Post is not in the right section.
If you want to get married early try out a relationship not with the idea of getting married but for learning about men and relationships, just ensure that there are boundaries.
If your interested is to be academically ambitious or successful career wise, jettison the idea of relationship and focus on your acadmics

1 Like

Re: . by Richy4(m): 12:52am On Dec 30, 2021
<<<Being an introvert is not a death sentence....Some times it's better to stay on your own and have your self worth and dignity in tact...Some times the humiliations and insults the extroverts takes on daily basis, u might not endure it...

<<<However, You have to try and get out of your comfort zone... and meet with people, this is because your future husband can never see you for the first time inside your room, except u were into online dating... u have to go out and meet him...

<<<Your self esteem issues, I don't know if you know former late first lady called Mrs Stella Obasanjo... she wasn't tall then but the way she carried herself like she was 7ft when she was alive, graceful, elegant and class... U can also do that.. your height got nothing to do with anything...what matters is your confidence...

<<<In terms of getting yourself out there, Start with the baby step.. Good manners will take u places u can never dream of...learn how to say hello...Practice it with old women,,, greet them and mean it.......{Not the waka pass kinda greeting if the person responds or not u don't care}remember u were learning to speak with genuine interest...

<<<You didn't say if you were into religion... I would have said ushering in the church would have been another step to take you out of your comfort zone...Any volunteering group can basically help too... like once in a week @ motherless babies homes...Homes for the needy or Nursing homes for the elderly...If u are not doing this, then start it; learn how to boldly and confidently go to school cafeteria to buy coke.. sit there alone and drink while checking on your phone/ killing time while waiting for your next lectures(this could be ones in a month thing)A prince might come up for a chat..

<<<Please while u were trying to get yourself out there be careful about Foxes and Wolves... the fact that you want to eat meat does not mean that you should bow down to a cow...Good Luck

5 Likes

Re: . by Karleb(m): 1:16am On Dec 30, 2021
My advice to introverts have always been, if being introvert is causing you so much pain that you have to report it to us, then stop being an introvert.

But they always come for my head.

Think about it, have you ever heard anyone complaining that they are extroverts? undecided

Besides, introvertedness and teenagehood usually come with low self esteem. This is a fact that many introverts and teenagers would argue of course but, it is what it is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by crackhaus: 1:51am On Dec 30, 2021
Goldenbliss1:

Back then when I was in secondary School I told my friends that, when am through with my NYSC, and have a good job I can then give love a chance, if in any ways he break's my heart, I won't have to force myself on him, I will move on with my life since I have a good job.
I think you should just stick to this goal.

Nothing is wrong with you.

4 Likes

Re: . by olus01(m): 3:38am On Dec 30, 2021
Is it only me that is confused here?

1 Like

Re: . by weblord1900: 10:40am On Dec 30, 2021
You don't have any problem. . When you see problem you go run

1 Like

Re: . by Polynek(m): 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2021
You don't hv problem young lady

1 Like

Re: . by Ishilove: 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2021
#team am
Re: . by ProFuhrer: 6:06pm On Dec 30, 2021
olus01:
Same here. I couldn't connect her story with the 'Life of an Introvert' topic.
Re: . by Uyi168: 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2021
olus01:
yes bro.
Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
Goldenbliss1:
Thank you very much sir! This is a true life story of a young adults.

I have a smally like you too.......
She’s has been giving me the vibe I never wanted tho.....
Re: . by Stargurl20(f): 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2021
My sista, na the Sam page we dey o....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Is How Easter Is Celebrated In Some Polygamous Homes / Breaking News / Your Salary Can't Meet Up With Your Expenses!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.