Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

I Finally Abandoned Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Finally Abandoned Programming (1429 Views)

I Finally Got A Job. Haters Should Bury Their Heads In Shame. / Have Abandoned A Feature In Your Project Because You Couldn’t Get It To Work / I Finally Built A Todo App. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Finally Abandoned Programming by Supreme145(m): 3:07pm On Jan 06, 2022
With a heart full of sorrow and deep regret, without any gratitude whatsoever, the family of Supreme hereby announce the painful and untimely demise of Mazi programming from my agenda for the main time.

This is one of the hardest decisions I have had to make in my life, but it seem like the best one to make given the present circumstances.
My programming journey has not been an easy one, I started this journey with so much passion and truckload of optimism but it turned out to be an entirely different ball game compared to the one I envisaged.

I've been coding for months but my progress has been riddled and stalled by several unforseen circumstances which played a huge part in rendering me grossly inconsistent and we all know that programming is all about consistency. Rather it's been one month on, one month off on my part.

As a hustler and a fresh graduate it has been a somewhat herculean task concentrating while I'm struggling for my next meal, scavenging for junior and internship roles has not yielded any positive result, I'm probably not good enough just yet.

I met someone on Nairaland that gives me small small WordPress jobs, but they are scarce and far in between, the highest I've gotten was 15k and most times payment was in staggered pattern of 3k, 5k instalments. I had so much high hopes, but unfortunately hope does not pay bills.

Recently I dived into other stuffs like writing, I got a couple of writing gigs from nairaland, though the pay is criminally poor but how I go do. I spend roughly 6+ hours daily writing articles daily and another 4 hours creating content for my new YouTube channel, I'm also working on some ebooks that I want to publish on amazon coupled with writing articles daily for some crypto sites in exchange for crypto. I wan write kee myself the crypto ma I no dey see.

24 hours no longer seem enough for me daily, sadly programming has slowly faded into the background. I wish I could continue but my laptop which was actually a gift is painfully up for sell because my rent is due, light ma I no even get because of unpaid bills and I want to see if I could recoup some money to deposit for some months, person no dey code under bridge.

I want to appreciate every programmer on Nairaland like Boss trangeztau....this kain name self.... And qtguru and others that I can't remember their monikers that contributed on some of my threads. Sadly everyone can not be a programmer, I might return one day maybe when I'm a bit comfortable and able to afford some basic programming necessities.

Forgive my long epistle, this is probably my last post on Nairaland, while I try to put my life together.
Thank you all.

6 Likes

Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by qtguru(m): 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2022
Supreme145:
With a heart full of sorrow and deep regret, without any gratitude whatsoever, the family of Supreme hereby announce the painful and untimely demise of Mazi programming from my agenda for the main time.

This is one of the hardest decisions I have had to make in my life, but it seem like the best one to make given the present circumstances.
My programming journey has not been an easy one, I started this journey with so much passion and truckload of optimism but it turned out to be an entirely different ball game compared to the one I envisaged.

I've been coding for months but my progress has been riddled and stalled by several unforseen circumstances which played a huge part in rendering me grossly inconsistent and we all know that programming is all about consistency. Rather it's been one month on, one month off on my part.

As a hustler and a fresh graduate it has been a somewhat herculean task concentrating while I'm struggling for my next meal, scavenging for junior and internship roles has not yielded any positive result, I'm probably not good enough just yet.

I met someone on Nairaland that gives me small small WordPress jobs, but they are scarce and far in between, the highest I've gotten was 15k and most times payment was in staggered pattern of 3k, 5k instalments. I had so much high hopes, but unfortunately hope does not pay bills.

Recently I dived into other stuffs like writing, I got a couple of writing gigs from nairaland, though the pay is criminally poor but how I go do. I spend roughly 6+ hours daily writing articles daily and another 4 hours creating content for my new YouTube channel, I'm also working on some ebooks that I want to publish on amazon coupled with writing articles daily for some crypto sites in exchange for crypto. I wan write kee myself the crypto ma I no dey see.

24 hours no longer seem enough for me daily, sadly programming has slowly faded into the background. I wish I could continue but my laptop which was actually a gift is painfully up for sell because my rent is due, light ma I no even get because of unpaid bills and I want to see if I could recoup some money to deposit for some months, person no dey code under bridge.

I want to appreciate every programmer on Nairaland like Boss trangeztau....this kain name self.... And qtguru and others that I can't remember their monikers that contributed on some of my threads. Sadly everyone can not be a programmer, I might return one day maybe when I'm a bit comfortable and able to afford some basic programming necessities.

Forgive my long epistle, this is probably my last post on Nairaland, while I try to put my life together.
Thank you all.

You will be back soon, just put me in prayers as not easy creating contents while working. I'll create something that makes sense, the sentiment has been about junior devs getting jobs which I hope to over on my YouTube channel. Pele

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by SmartGadgetz: 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2022
Bros, never regret. Always move on to next one cos no matter how it is, life goes on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by Newusername(m): 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2022
qtguru:

You will be back soon, just put me in prayers as not easy creating contents while working. I'll create something that makes sense, the sentiment has been about junior devs getting jobs which I hope to over on my YouTube channel. Pele
Good afternoon sir, please what is your Youtube channel name?
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by qtguru(m): 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2022
Newusername:

Good afternoon sir, please what is your Youtube channel name?

Okeowo Aderemi trying to get one video out this week editing is noy easy

1 Like

Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2022
Damn I am really sorry. I wish I could help but body never too soft like that. It's not easy programming without a support system in place. Do not blame yourself, you have tried. Your country is just a shithole of shitholes.
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by lordally(m): 3:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
Chai!!! I'm so so sorry bro... I wish I could help I swear I really do!!! Anyways keep up the faith... Once there's life there hope
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by Mariangeles(f): 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2022
You are not a failure, you just haven't discovered what your passion is yet.

Comot for that Nasarawa wey you dey.
There's little or no money to be made there.
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by Mariangeles(f): 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Damn I am really sorry. I wish I could help but body never too soft like that. It's not easy programming without a support system in place. Do not blame yourself, you have tried. Your country is just a shithole of shitholes.

Shithole, yet we're making money in it.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2022
Mariangeles:

Who's we. Good for you if you are making money in it.
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by LikeAking: 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2022
Sorry. Every thing na connect. All the govt agencies have websites and the new ones are getting new websites. Who are the people building the websites for them?

Every hundreds of new websites are hosted in Nigeria, who are the people building it for them, etc.

Its all about connection and good information.

U go make am.
Wish u d best.

One more thing, can u contact this upwork guys to help you?
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by Mkingz(m): 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
Quitters never win, Winners never quit.
You’re only taking a break bro and best believe, you’ll be back doing what you love soonest.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by Sheriman(m): 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2022
All I can see hear is not having financial strength to continuing your programming journey. Though I really understand your plight but you know becoming a great programmers need support especially when you are earning. Money to buy data, food or programming books. Winners never quit bro!! Some great programmers have all went through tough times of their programming journey but at the end they were able to scale through. We all scale through by God grace. Amin. It is not easy at all
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 06, 2022
No knowledge is wasted bro, don't take it as a stop, instead,make it a break.
My advice to people looking forward to learning programming is that you should test the waters before diving in, a lot now are like "I want to learn programming", but before ditching your present activities or investing your resources in it, test it out on a small scale e.g, on your phone, on how to learn the starting basics of programming on a phone
to know a bit of what you're about to start.

Good luck to everyone one who wants to start the journey.
PS: I'm not a programmer, but I have some basic knowledge of coding.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by stanliwise(m): 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
Supreme145:

Thank you all.
Just try to gain mastery in something is the only advise I can give you

1 Like

Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by islamics(m): 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
I pray/hope you get the support you need.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by qtguru(m): 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2022
Not everyone has to go the route of coding there is QA also requires coding but not intense like typical coding that's one thing most people overlook too

1 Like

Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by Newusername(m): 8:20pm On Jan 06, 2022
qtguru:

Okeowo Aderemi trying to get one video out this week editing is noy easy

Seen, subscribed already.
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by islamics(m): 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2022
qtguru:
Not everyone has to go the route of coding there is QA also requires coding but not intense like typical coding that's one thing most people overlook too
The other route are not well known or well advertise like the coding route. Coding is the first route most people venturing into tech know/hear about.
Na you and tensazagentsu20 even make me know about platform development for instance.
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by MOS6502: 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
islamics:
I pray/hope you get the support you need.

When your internet goes offline. Say a lil prayer, will ya! grin

If I had my way; I would tie every slowpoke who says "my village people" to stake and treat them with mild electrical shocks for borderline RRD.

Unproductive country men cry
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by islamics(m): 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2022
MOS6502:

When your internet goes offline. Say a lil prayer, will ya! grin

If I had my way; I would tie every slowpoke who says "my village people" to stake and treat them with mild electrical shocks for borderline RRD.

Unproductive country men cry
Why now? grin grin
I have been in an interview and my internet went off, off course I said a prayer but I blamed myself that I should have made provision for situation like this. The prayer thing na instinct. Even the Oh My God! One might exclaim na till prayer.
I was only hoping that he get the support he need. Like if he get an intern role now with pay, the discouragement/disappointment go reduce.
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by MOS6502: 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
OP, As you can see, I am over the phone with support. Expecting rapid resolution!

Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by chukwuebuka65(m): 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2022
qtguru:

A link to your youtube channel pls
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by idu1(m): 6:43am On Jan 07, 2022
qtguru:

What is QA?
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by stanliwise(m): 8:14am On Jan 07, 2022
Mariangeles:

How you dey make?
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by lordally(m): 2:01pm On Jan 07, 2022
idu1:

What is QA?

Google am!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by idu1(m): 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2022
lordally:

Google am!

wetin dey worry this one?
Re: I Finally Abandoned Programming by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 07, 2022
You don't have to wail about things you do not consider as success.
Nevertheless, being unable to make this skill put food on the table or pay your bills simply means you're not good enough wrt develop your skills (esp non-technical).

If you're indeed good, then you also have to sell yourself.
If you go into business, marketing, whatever legit stuff you want to do, you must learn how to make people/firms know about the value you (or your product) can give them.
No field is super easy.

My 50 kobo: Sow seeds around. Do remarkable things that people you've not spoken to for months will see an offer and recommend you.

Goodluck nevertheless.

(1) (Reply)

Serial Port / Help On Android Internal Storage / Multi Vendor Marketplace Extension - Magebay.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.