Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1991 Views)

My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy / My Cousin's Mother-In-Law Is Tormenting Her! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by goodlistener: 11:52am On Feb 26, 2022
Re: . by dacblogger: 12:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
She is the one managing the business...
Anything she brings you take,it's not her obligation to do so...
If you want money, you should go nd join her in the business... sad

6 Likes

Re: . by SportsHD: 12:04pm On Feb 26, 2022
goodlistener:

has refused to send the monthly agreed money for 3 months now.
angry
Why didn't you tell your brother to empower you in the business before he died? And, how old are you, what do you do for a living? How much did she agree to be sending you guys every month?

4 Likes

Re: . by frozen70(f): 12:37pm On Feb 26, 2022
goodlistener:
Since my elder brother died last year, his wife has tremendously reduce all my aceess to finance. He was our bread winner, never wanted to come public but my conversation with his wife now just pissed me off.

She is delibtatly blocking our access to funds.

Mum has been sick. I told her since last week.

She manages his business and has refused to send the monthly agreed money for 3 months now.

I heard she just bought another car on Tuesday angry

The truth of the matter is that, both of you guys with her never had a good relationship and now your brother is late and she is now in charge

Remove your pride and walk to her to find out what the problem between your family are and get it solved

A person that has the control of money has the power to misbehave

You guys knows that you don't have the money so why fighting her

5 Likes

Re: . by Acidosis(m): 12:52pm On Feb 26, 2022
What do you mean by he was your breadwinner? Did you all donate your destinies to him to make money on behalf of the entire family? Why would you be okay with having just one member of the family feed the rest, even after his demise?

You all have depended on him for too long, okay? Who knows maybe the stress that comes with feeding too many mouths is what killed him.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by Klass99(f): 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2022
cool

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: . by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2022
goodlistener:
She manages his business and has refused to send the monthly agreed money for 3 months now.
How was this agreement made? You should probably consider getting a lawyer involved now that you brother is dead. undecided

2 Likes

Re: . by GboyegaD(m): 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2022
Was there a will? If yes, every part should honor it. Otherwise, talk to her on how she can help establish someone else to reduce the dependency on her if the business can afford it.

1 Like

Re: . by NoToPile: 1:58pm On Feb 26, 2022
Nawa oo.

1 Like

Re: . by socialmediaman: 1:58pm On Feb 26, 2022
OP you may need to give more details about your situation to get better advice.

What was the conversation about, what did you say and what was her response? What was the relationship between your family and her before now? In your view, what point is she trying to make? How did your brother become the breadwinner of your family? Did you guys settle him with family inheritance or something? Was there an agreement between his wife and your family before he died? Are you a student? Why weren’t you working with your brother?

Answers to these questions will help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by cococandy(f): 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2022
I don’t understand. Are you guys expecting a widow to become your breadwinner?
So in addition to losing her breadwinning partner, she’s expected to provide for her children alone and provide for you guys too?

Explain please

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: . by cococandy(f): 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2022
GboyegaD:
Was there a will? If yes, every part should honor it. Otherwise, talk to her on how she can help establish someone else to reduce the dependency on her if the business can afford it.

1) I wonder why their brother didn’t empower them.

2) also depends on where they live, a will is not always the ultimate authority in asset allocation.
Re: . by pocohantas(f): 2:24pm On Feb 26, 2022
Acidosis:
What do you mean by he was your breadwinner? Did you all donate your destinies to him to make money on behalf of the entire family? Why would you be okay with having just one member of the family feed the rest, even after his demise?

You all have depended on him for too long, okay? Who knows maybe the stress that comes with feeding too many mouths is what killed him.

Hahahahahah! What is this naw!!?

7 Likes

Re: . by Mindlog: 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2022
Your brother is now late, you and your relatives (mum and siblings, if any) should readjust to that reality. Your sister-in-law's priority is herself and the children (assuming she has).

You are a full blown adult who should be fending for self and taking care of your mother and not depending on your sister-in-law, morever we don't know how your side of the family related with her when your brother was still alive.

She buy car, no concern anybody.

Though your sister-in-law has an obligation to see that her late husband's mother is well catered, for the years she has remaining but stop feeling and behaving entitled, go and earn your own keep as your late brother's sweat is primarily for his widow and children.

8 Likes

Re: . by Mariangeles(f): 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2022
goodlistener:
Since my elder brother died last year, his wife has tremendously reduce all my aceess to finance. He was our bread winner, never wanted to come public but my conversation with his wife now just pissed me off.

2 Likes

Re: . by Beremx(f): 3:41pm On Feb 26, 2022
Bread winner don die. Dem wan turn widow to Bread winner season 2.
Dude, go work and take care of your mother.

2 Likes

Re: . by yemmit90: 5:44pm On Feb 26, 2022
goodlistener:

This should be a real lesson for those that have ears to listen. If you have any relative or sibling who refuse to help you grow and stand on your fit but always want to be the bread winner, please cut him or her completely and face your life.

His wife owe you guys nothing, and she can decide what to and what not to give you. Blame your brother who refused to establish your mum and his siblings when he was still alive and not his wife.

3 Likes

Re: . by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
Op you need to come out in details so that people would advice you accordingly
Re: . by goodlistener: 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2022
SportsHD:

Why didn't you tell your brother to empower you in the business before he died? And, how old are you, what do you do for a living? How much did she agree to be sending you guys every month?

I am still a student, 400l precise. Agreed amount is a long story because it has never been meet sincerely.
Re: . by goodlistener: 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
frozen70:

The truth of the matter is that, both of you guys with her never had a good relationship and now your brother is late and she is now in charge

Remove your pride and walk to her to find out what the problem between your family are and get it solved

A person that has the control of money has the power to misbehave

You guys knows that you don't have the money so why fighting her

At bolded, already done that, she only responds when she feels like
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Feb 26, 2022
goodlistener:
I am still a student, 300l precise. Agreed amount is a long story because it has never been meet sincerely.
Did your brother specify this agreed amount in his will? undecided
Re: . by frozen70(f): 7:59pm On Feb 26, 2022
goodlistener:

Ohh dear, just be calm and nice to her, some women are just naughty because they have some powers with them and that power is finance

1 Like

Re: . by annayawchee: 9:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
Ije uwa

Nwoke nife neme even after death....

Tufia
Re: . by sisisioge: 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2022
It is well....really well! All those parent birthing several children they cannot adequately care for should be guided....@ OP please do not expect anything from your sister inlaw, it is not in her place to cater for your needs. In fact, your brother wasnt under any obligation to do so either. You guys need to find ways to fend for yourselves if your father cant fend for you. Epele.

5 Likes

Re: . by HarunaWest(m): 7:11am On Feb 27, 2022
goodlistener:

She doesn't owe you or anyone. Yall better start hustling. Una moi moi don done.
Re: . by eyinjuege: 7:36am On Feb 27, 2022
The man is dead.
I'm sure he left children behind
Please stop stressing his widow and allow her look after their children and give them a headstart in life.
You really can't expect her to keep hustling and keeping his business afloat and be remiting the money to you.
How old are his children, if I may ask?

5 Likes

Re: . by baby124: 9:21am On Feb 27, 2022
If the man was taking care of his mother while alive and had a thriving business which he left behind for his wife. If his family did not drag such business with his wife, I think it’s only fair that she provides for his mother. Not the young abled ones though.

OP, can you confirm if he left a will to take care of his mother? If he did not, then you can probably get a lawyer to see what your options are. Your mother was obviously a dependent of your brother and probably unable to work or provide for herself at her age.

Also the wife’s fault for not pushing the husband to ensure all his dependents have something doing fast. No gain in forming philanthropist or king of the family, such can become an issue if bread winner dies. I commend the family for not attacking the wife and the business. If the money was agreed on, she has to keep paying it if she’s operating that business.

4 Likes

Re: . by pocohantas(f): 9:50am On Feb 27, 2022
baby124:
If the man was taking care of his mother while alive and had a thriving business which he left behind for his wife. If his family did not drag such business with his wife, I think it’s only fair that she provides for his mother. Not the young abled ones though.

Well said. She should give them money for the hospital bills. In fact, she should be giving the mother monthly stipends, irrespective of their relationship prior to her husband’s death. I think that is the honourable and humane thing to do.

4 Likes

Re: . by baby124: 9:56am On Feb 27, 2022
pocohantas:

Well said. She should give them money for the hospital bills. In fact, she should be giving the mother monthly stipends, irrespective of their relationship prior to her husband’s death. I think that is the honourable and humane thing to do.
People forget a lot of people’s mothers were housewives or petty traders and, that is how they provided for their children. For petty traders, their successful child is their retirement plan. The wife cannot say she’s not providing for her own mother either, so why deprive the mother of the man who owned that business?

6 Likes

Re: . by RightToReject(m): 10:25am On Feb 27, 2022
@OP

Don't allow any of these wannabe-self-sufficient and hypocritical elements to shame and guilt-trip you, provided that your expectation from her and your rage on her failure of living up to it comes from the fact that you're a student or a teenager and can't earn money for justifiable reasons and isn't coming from the place of greed. More so, provided that you are certain that your late brother's business/assets under her control can cater for both her immediate and the extended family to a reasonable length, assuming that a just person is in her position.

Supposing that your same late brother didn't leave a business/assets behind and without her earning money on her own, these same sanctimonious and hypocritically disingenuous elements would've expected you and other of the family members, especially the assumed well-to-do ones among you, to start catering for her and the children welfare, which is the right thing to do under normal circumstances anyway.

Whenever you see them striving to form woke and more Western than the Westerners here, always remember that none of them in this category has either crossed any of the country's shores or is a stakeholder in their country of refuge.

7 Likes

Re: . by pocohantas(f): 10:27am On Feb 27, 2022
baby124:

People forget a lot of people’s mothers were housewives or petty traders and, that is how they provided for their children. For petty traders, their successful child is their retirement plan. The wife cannot say she’s not providing for her own mother either, so why deprive the mother of the man who owned that business?

You know this woke generation would say anything to belong. How else would it be wrong for a child to take care of their aged parents?

If the wife has a conscience, no one should be reminding her sef. For christ sake, this is her late husband’s mother and no matter what, her kids are from that family. The thing is they can’t force her, but I believe we all have brains and conscience for a reason. Most times we know what is right, we just don’t do it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 27, 2022
I can't imagine my wife doing this to my mother when I am no longer alive.

Wealthy men, always uplift your siblings, e get why.

Don't listen to any bullshit wife telling you rubbish, uplift your siblings.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

“I Called My Dad Crying”: Nigerian Man Shows Up At Daughter’s Hostel / Why Do You Have To Stop Your Spouse From Touching Your Phone? / Son slaps mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.