Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,455 members, 7,850,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:58 AM

The Duck And The Devil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Duck And The Devil (124 Views)

Remember The Duck / Why Do People Blame The Devil Or Others For Their Errors? / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Duck And The Devil by SonofIssachar: 4:53am On Mar 05, 2022
A little boy was visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with out in the woods. He practised in the woods, but he could never hit the target. Getting a little discouraged, he headed back home for dinner. As he was walking back, he saw Grandma's pet duck. Out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, it hit the duck square in the head and killed it.

He was shocked and grieved!

In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile, only to see his sister watching! Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing. After lunch the next day Grandma said, 'Sally, let's wash the dishes.'

But Sally said, 'Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen.'

Then she whispered to him, 'Remember the duck?'

So Johnny did the dishes.

Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing, and Grandma said, 'I'm sorry but I need Sally to help make supper.'

Sally just smiled and said, 'Well that's all right because Johnny told me he wanted to help.'

She whispered again, 'Remember the duck?'

So Sally went fishing and Johnny stayed to help.

After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's, he finally couldn't stand it any longer. He came to Grandma and confessed that he had killed the duck. Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug and said, 'Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing, but because I love you, I forgave you. I was just wondering how long you would let Sally make a slave of you.'

Whatever is in your past, or that you have done that the devil keeps throwing up in your face, you need to know that Jesus was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing. He has seen your whole life. He wants you to know that He loves you and that you are forgiven. He's just wondering how long you will let the devil make a slave of you.

The great thing about God is that when you ask for forgiveness, He not only forgives you, but He forgets. It is by God's grace and mercy that we are saved.

- Author Unknown

Meditation: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:

If A Child Lives with Criticism
Top 12 Offenses Christians Commit in Church
The Pastor Who Taught the Married About Prayer
Re: The Duck And The Devil by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 05, 2022
The truth...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Thursday, March 10,2022 / Teacup Story / Growing In Grace And Consistency Inside Jesus Christ Crucified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.