Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,047 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

.. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / .. (1180 Views)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 14 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by livingstone2013: 9:03am On Mar 13, 2022
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 13, 2022
Lol... I know I'm a very bad boy who loves to experiment and explore.

But you see betting, I never try am and will never try it.

You can never win.

2 Likes

Re: .. by olamidedivotee(f): 9:14am On Mar 13, 2022
Betting is not a good thing. I used to be an addict, now I thank God for removing the betting from my life.

All the money I was supposed to save or spend on clothing, I use it for betting and I have never won any good amount from it.

I won't advise anyone to bet, and my heart to every bet addict out there that is willing to quit. May God give you grace to do so.

In case anyone need a content writer, kindly check my signature.

1 Like

Re: .. by yanabasee(m): 10:17am On Mar 13, 2022
Blocking them won't stop you from going back to it... Except, you battle it mentally.

I was a bet9ja manager many years ago after my university, waiting for NYSC. I remember a young guy from PHcity whose parents were very rich, he was given a house rent and he stake it on bet and went broke.... He squandered his school fees on betting. He was introduced to it at a very tender age. Eventually, he left back to Rivers.

Another guy, stole laptops from the university and stake with me, after placing heavy bet and was losing. Next day, police came with the boy and we explained everything, the police threatened to arrest me and I called some people and they left. The guy's father came and paid off 60k to get back the laptop.

The other guy was given money to keep. His father trusted him with monies that would be used to bury his grandmother, He used it about 200k from it to play virtual. Although, he explained to me and I advised that he stake on live game, he did and won 200k back that day.

I have many stories about how young guys ruin their lives. The moment a child have more love for money, they will likely want to get more money to survive.

3 Likes

Re: .. by livingstone2013: 10:51am On Mar 13, 2022
[

1 Like

Re: .. by yanabasee(m): 10:54am On Mar 13, 2022
livingstone2013:

I am very sure I have mentally won the battle against sports betting finally. How? Cause I just told my fiancée, sister and my mother about my loss and sports betting addiction on phone this morning. This is a VERY big step. It took me courage to open up. I felt so stupid losing all the 250k just because I was greedy to make it up to 350k for the rent. Its a stupid risk. I am 34 years and can't be taking wrong decision that will set me backward.

Ok.. good...

But why didn't you think of going for a shop within your reach? Rather than struggling to meet up with the desired shop?
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 13, 2022
SMH!!! Only a foolish man will continue to do the same thing and expect a different result.
Betting is not for the greedy and impatient. You don't do something you havent fully understand. Between humans and AI(Computers) which is easier to predict? If u do bet on normal football match, well, it will only ruin u till jesus come. But if u bet on the virtual(already programmed) at first you will run into losses. Worst if u play without understanding them. You need to pass through fire before u rise from the ashes. I started playing virtual since 2018, only GOD know what i have lost and passed through, but now all na story. If i need urgent 100k now, i'd just enter sportybet, then in less than 3min, i'd get my 100k alert.
People say the house always win game, but i say "understand the game and beat the house in their own game".......
PEACE OUT!!
Re: .. by czarr(m): 11:20am On Mar 13, 2022
MaDaRa01:
SMH!!! Only a foolish man will continue to do the same thing and expect a different result.
Betting is not for the greedy and impatient. You don't do something you havent fully understand. Between humans and AI(Computers) which is easier to predict? If u do bet on normal football match, well, it will only ruin u till jesus come. But if u bet on the virtual(already programmed) at first you will run into losses. Worst if u play without understanding them. You need to pass through fire before u rise from the ashes. I started playing virtual since 2018, only GOD know what i have lost and passed through, but now all na story. If i need urgent 100k now, i'd just enter sportybet, then in less than 3min, i'd get my 100k alert.
People say the house always win game, but i say "understand the game and beat the house in their own game".......
PEACE OUT!!
Scam.

4 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 13, 2022
czarr:
scam.
ok
Re: .. by OLAWOLE002(m): 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2022
Betting is scam o especially visual man that shit will lick you dryyyy. Betting is not for the faint minded atallll.
Re: .. by Michealupdate43: 9:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
No matter how much you win, the house will always win at the end
Re: .. by SamgoldBaba: 10:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
Only greediness makes people regret betting. I'm not stopping any sooner

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 13, 2022
Addiction is a thing of the mind...Your life isn't ruined Bro. Your life is more valuable than 250k. Just eat, and sleep - like take a really long rest, if you need to, pls see a counselor/psychologist. You will be fine no worries.

You will be bigger than what you lost in the end. Even in normal Business, we lose money.

Sorry about the loss
Re: .. by wealthpreach(m): 11:00pm On Mar 13, 2022
It's greed, not gambling.
livingstone2013:
I want to share my experience about how sports betting sent me backward and put me in debt. No matter the financial pressure you may be going through, never venture into sports betting. Or else It will ruin your life, get you addicted and lost all your money.

I just lost 250,000 naira on Betking and I feel so sad. I wanted to rent a warehouse space for my production business as i need a factory. The rent was 350,000. I tried so hard to raise remaining 100,000 naira balance from family and friends to add it to my money but no help.

So I foolishly took a risk and gamble gradually from the 250k to stake on games with the hope I can win some money and raise the 100k balance and pay the warehouse rent to the house agent tomorrow. I lost all the money I feel so suicidal for what I did.

I have downloaded block site app and block all online sports betting on my phone. I have learnt my lesson. My life is ruined.

Moderators: puskin, FOD, Dominique
Please push to frontage so others can learn from my lesson

1 Like

Re: .. by bigiyaro(m): 6:29am On Mar 14, 2022
Depends on the angle you are coming from, all kinds of addictions are bad. Wether to drugs, sex, gambling etc, anyway, am not addicted and I have made cool money from gambling.
Re: .. by udemzyudex(m): 7:42am On Mar 14, 2022
HenryDion:
Lol... I know I'm a very bad boy who loves to experiment and explore.

But you see betting, I never try am and will never try it.

You can never win.

The bookmaker will always win.
Re: .. by udemzyudex(m): 7:46am On Mar 14, 2022
MaDaRa01:
PEACE OUT!!

Lol.. your mouth too sweet.

1 Like

Re: .. by FhucLyf: 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
Macsjebs:
Addiction is a thing of the mind...Your life isn't ruined Bro. Your life is more valuable than 250k. Just eat, and sleep - like take a really long rest, if you need to, pls see a counselor/psychologist. You will be fine no worries.

You will be bigger than what you lost in the end. Even in normal Business, we lose money.

Sorry about the loss
What I needed to see

(1) (Reply)

Agege Bread Advert: Your Sins Forgiven, CAN Tells Sterling Bank / Looking To Go Into Business: Any Ideas As To What Business? / Cheap Office Space To Rent At Ikeja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.