Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

An Oha Plantation - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / An Oha Plantation (2465 Views)

US Authorises Importation Of Oha Leaves From Nigeria / Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? / Cash From Pawpaw Plantation – In Just 6 Months After Planting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Oha Plantation by surrogatesng: 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ii intend starting an oha plantation on 2 acres of land in ogun state.I have not been able to see anyone farm oha commercially before.Is it a profitable venture? Please kindly advise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Oha Plantation by Golan007: 9:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
Nice venture.
Re: An Oha Plantation by Kehfie(f): 10:59am On Mar 18, 2022
There are some villages in Kaduna state where there are large plantations of Oha. The locals do not eat the leaves but business women from all over the north and Abuja go there to harvest and sell the leaves. I believe it will be a commercially viable venture. Note though that oha is a tree and trees take time to grow. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: An Oha Plantation by surrogatesng: 3:16pm On Mar 19, 2022
Any suggestions?
Re: An Oha Plantation by Kehfie(f): 7:40am On Mar 29, 2022
Suggestions on what Sir?
Re: An Oha Plantation by surrogatesng: 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2022
How to go about it
Kehfie:
Suggestions on what Sir?
Re: An Oha Plantation by surrogatesng: 10:52pm On May 10, 2022
Any idea
Re: An Oha Plantation by Aremolekunowo(m): 11:49pm On May 10, 2022
To the best of my knowledge, if you ventures into it you are not making any mistake. There is a place at oju elegba under bridge in Lagos, where some busses brings oha leaves every money by 5am and before 7 am market women have finished packing them. Only God knows where they are bringing that large quantities but these women always picked up everything before 7am. So if you plant oha leaves you may be digging your own diamond mine.

2 Likes

Re: An Oha Plantation by surrogatesng: 10:11am On May 12, 2022
Thank you very much sir
Aremolekunowo:
To the best of my knowledge, if you ventures into it you are not making any mistake. There is a place at oju elegba under bridge in Lagos, where some busses brings oha leaves every money by 5am and before 7 am market women have finished packing them. Only God knows where they are bringing that large quantities but these women always picked up everything before 7am. So if you plant oha leaves you may be digging your own diamond mine.
Re: An Oha Plantation by FarmTech(m): 11:50am On May 12, 2022
This looks good. But just do some market research first.
Re: An Oha Plantation by surrogatesng: 9:36am On May 14, 2022
Ok sir
[quote
author=FarmTech post=112756972]This looks good. But just do some market research first.[/quote]
Re: An Oha Plantation by surrogatesng: 9:36am On May 14, 2022
Any ideas
Re: An Oha Plantation by surrogatesng: 4:43pm On May 15, 2022
Pls any ideas?
Re: An Oha Plantation by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 15, 2022
surrogatesng:
Pls any ideas?

Oha is a tree and so be ready to have patience like three to four years to achieve what you want financially. They are not like shrubs.
Re: An Oha Plantation by surrogatesng: 7:31pm On May 20, 2022
ok sir
Ninisun:

Oha is a tree and so be ready to have patience like three to four years to achieve what you want financially. They are not like shrubs.
Re: An Oha Plantation by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 20, 2022
surrogatesng:
ok sir

I'm a lady.
Re: An Oha Plantation by surrogatesng: 7:37pm On May 20, 2022
oh sorry! ok ma

Ninisun:

I'm a lady.
Re: An Oha Plantation by surrogatesng: 8:54am On Nov 19, 2022
Input wanted
Re: An Oha Plantation by Kehfie(f): 11:18pm On Jul 26, 2023
Hello. Did you get to start your oha plantation?
Re: An Oha Plantation by surrogatesng: 11:29pm On Jul 26, 2023
Not yet
Kehfie:
Hello. Did you get to start your oha plantation?
Re: An Oha Plantation by Kehfie(f): 10:19am On Jul 27, 2023
I have a neighbour farmer who can advise and also provide you with the seedlings. Check my signature for my number so I can link you up.

surrogatesng:
Not yet
Re: An Oha Plantation by Konquest: 10:00pm On Jan 05
Kehfie:
There are some villages in Kaduna state where there are large plantations of Oha. The locals do not eat the leaves but business women from all over the north and Abuja go there to harvest and sell the leaves. I believe it will be a commercially viable venture. Note though that oha is a tree and trees take time to grow. All the best.

(1) (Reply)

Alogo Cassava Foundation(ACF).............creating Wealth Using Cassava. / Ife Brown / Catfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.