Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number (45405 Views)

How To Set Security Pin On Mtn, Glo Airtel And 9mobile / Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Reediano(m): 1:12pm On Apr 05, 2022
In December of 2020, the Nigerian President through the National Communication Commission (NCC) directed all citizens to link their phone number to thier National Identification Number (NIN) or risk getting their number blocked.

Although NCC has directed the telecommunication network providers to block the mobile phone number of all those who fail to link their SIM to thier NIN before the deadline, the deadline date have had to be extended multiple times due to low turnout by citizens.

Now, Dr. ISA Pantami who is the minister of communication has finally directed all telecom operators in Nigeria mainly Glo, MTN, Airtel and 9mobile to start barring all outgoing calls on SIM cards not yet linked to thier NIN and this takes effect from April 5th 2022.

So if you haven't linked your line yet, you will only be able to receive call but you won't be able to make outgoing calls. You can however still link your phone number if you want to start making calls again and the procedure is very simple as long as you already have your National Identification Number.

How to Link your NIN to Your MTN, Glo, Airtel or 9Mobile Number
How Link your NIN to your MTN Mobile Number

* Dial *785# on the MTN phone number you want to link.
* Input your NIN in the provided space and submit.

OR

* Dial *785*Your NIN# from the phone number you want to link. The number will be linked to your NIN automatically.

OR

*You can also visit https://mtnonline.com/nin/

OR

* You can download the MyMTN App to submit your NIN details.

How to Link your NIN to your Glo Mobile Number

* For Glo users, send “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName LastName” to 109.
E.g: UPDATENIN 2344684612 RASHEED PANTAMI to 109

How to Link NIN to your Airtel Number

* For Airtel users, dial *121*1#.
* Then input your NIN in the provided space.

How to Link your NIN to your 9mobile Number

* Visit http://www.9mobile.com.ng/nin

OR

* Dial *200*8#

Then input your NIN in the provided space

https://www.yomitech.com/2022/04/how-to-link-your-nin-to-mtn-glo-airtel.html
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
Fake news
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Laggafin: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hmmm.. hackers will be on the loose now. Y' All should be careful in giving out ur details online

1 Like

Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Sachidi: 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
I wonder why Nigerians are so stubborn.

I sell data at cheap rates.

1GB for 300 naira. 5GB for 1500 naira.

for more info. Whatsapp 08067074626

Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by ashawopikin(m): 4:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
But I hope say d block those bandits and kidnappers own too

1 Like

Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by SEGLIZ: 7:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
Fake news

Laggafin:
Hmmm.. hackers will be on the loose now. Y' All should be careful in giving out ur details online
it isn't a fake news at least I can confirm that Airtel code is real *121*1#

Sachidi:
Nigerians are not stubborn just that the people no longer take our leaders serious and are not ready to cooperate with them.

ashawopikin:
But I hope say d block those bandits and kidnappers own too
the reason no one took the whole process serious.
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 05, 2022
I heard people saying now that they have barred it... You can not easily link your nin to your sim again,you will need to pay before doing that

1 Like

Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Mvena(f): 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
I did for my airtel sim but was still barred
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by sunnx(f): 8:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Are this the real code to be use for linking the NIN
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Reediano(m): 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2022
Blessedofchrist:
I heard people saying now that they have barred it... You can not easily link your nin to your sim again,you will need to pay before doing that

That's not true

1 Like

Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
Reediano:

That's not true
yes I just found out now, just used my nin to unblocked my mum sim
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Xkin2Xkin: 9:17pm On Apr 05, 2022
hope we can transition to voting with our NIN Sim
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Reediano(m): 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
Blessedofchrist:
yes I just found out now, just used my nin to unblocked my mum sim

Not a good idea though. It's better she register for her own NIN instead. Incase she ever misplace the SIM, it will be easy to retrieve.
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
Sachidi:

I sell data at cheap rates.

1GB for 300 naira.
5GB for 1500 naira.

for more info. Whatsapp 08067074626
The Glo 2 GB N600, how long is it valid?
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by satelliteDISH(m): 12:39am On Apr 06, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
The Glo 2 GB N600, how long is it valid?

Na so Una dey take fall for scammers. No go buy data for shop wey you know.

Tomorrow you will come here to disturb us that someone scammed you so, so and so.

Awoof will purge you one day. Say Amen.
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Reediano(m): 8:17am On Apr 06, 2022
Mvena:
I did for my airtel sim but was still barred
It will work after some time
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:30am On Apr 06, 2022
satelliteDISH:

Na so Una dey take fall for scammers. No go buy data for shop wey you know.

Tomorrow you will come here to disturb us that someone scammed you so, so and so.

Awoof will purge you one day. Say Amen.
What is with you? A simple question asked to someone and you took it upon yourself.
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by satelliteDISH(m): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
What is with you? A simple question asked to someone and you took it upon yourself.

Yes. I took it upon myself to give you a HARD KNOCK on the head so that you won't loose guard. Now I have your Attention. Stay Financially Awake.
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:46am On Apr 06, 2022
satelliteDISH:

Yes. I took it upon myself to give you a HARD KNOCK on the head so that you won't loose guard. Now I have your Attention. Stay Financially Awake.
Loose guard! Seems someone is on the loose...

Get well soon.
Re: How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number by seunpinky(m): 1:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
@olokings... Hi, would like to seek some clarifications from you. I sent you a mail on NL but I don't have access to my NL email. Can you pls send me a mail on yuppiesdynasty@gmail.com

You can go tru my previous posts to get an idea of who I am.

(1) (Reply)

My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. / 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 / Top 10 Android Apps 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.